Ideas for Polish Major

MacLazer

Chieftain
So I decided we start a thread to begin designing a Polish major civilization, if Gedemon would be fine with that. Please add any of your suggestions or ideas in the thread.

Here is one of mine:

Trait: Polish Pride
Description: +50% defense bonus on flat terrain. Units gain +50% experience from combat.

Leader: Władysław Raczkiewicz

+50% defense bonus on flat terrain.
Too big bonus, I think(basically the defending infantry at the flat terrain will have 36:c5strength: + 50%(18:c5strength:) = 54:c5strength:(!), with maximum fortified bonus 36:c5strength: + 75%(27:c5strength:) +50%(18:c5strength:) = 81:c5strength:! And that without any promotions!) And why on flat terrain?
Units gain +50% experience from combat.
Additional experience for poles? Why?
I think, Poland should have bonus for recruited personnel and a little fighting bonus on their territory or discipline promotion maybe. But anyway, Poland will be the first fallen nation in the game, so maybe there should be a chance of spawning poland partisan units.

I haven't implemented UA for most civs, and I'm not sure that I will keep those that are already implemented, so that's not really the most important point to add a major civ to the mod.

Too big bonus, I think(basically the defending infantry at the flat terrain will have 36:c5strength: + 50%(18:c5strength:) = 54:c5strength:(!), with maximum fortified bonus 36:c5strength: + 75%(27:c5strength:) +50%(18:c5strength:) = 81:c5strength:! And that without any promotions!) And why on flat terrain?

Additional experience for poles? Why?
I think, Poland should have bonus for recruited personnel and a little fighting bonus on their territory or discipline promotion maybe. But anyway, Poland will be the first fallen nation in the game, so maybe there should be a chance of spawning poland partisan units.

Hm, you're right, the defensive was too much. Maybe a 20% bonus, and on flat terrain because that's what most of Poland is. Poland had some very good troops in World War II and they fought very well, but they only lost because they were far outnumbered. So I figured it could be modeled in game with better quality troops. Anyways oh well thanks for replying.

For me the first question would be what is the purpose of designing a polish major faction. If the player plays as germany and kills poland in the first few turns we would not see much of it.

Totally different story would be if you want to play as poland and want to see how long you can survive (probably not long if both germany and soviets attack)

As Poland was forced to surrender so quickly, putting it as minor seems ok in such a scenario.

Actually Poland hasn't surrendered although was defeated badly. Just to clarify the historical part of post.

Top Bottom