IDEAS TO IMPROVE CIV VI

tortillatorsad

Chieftain
I am a great fan of this game (700 hrs of gaming on civ V), but i think civ VI could still be improved. Indeed, there are some elements which were present in civ V but not in the 6th.
For example :

-I think there is a lack of certain military units which were present in the 5 but are no longer in the 6. For example, the trebuchet has disappeared which means that we go directly from the catapult to the bombard, same thing for the composite archer who is no longer there, we go directly from the basic archer to the crossbowman.

-A second point is the lack of scenario missions. Since civ players are history passionates, I find it unfortunate that there aren't more scenarios based on well-defined time periods and real historical events.
For example, putting back the fall of rome scenario with the new barbarian mode recently released would I think a great idea. Adding another scenario like the civ V renaissance scenario around a large Mediterranean map would also be a good idea. We could also add scenarios of major discoveries and colonies in Africa and America and why not also a global WW2 scenario with predefined alliances allies against axis forces.

- Some civs are lacking like Austria or Huns

- To finish I find that the novelty of civ 6 to put several leaders for the same civilization is an excellent idea and considerably enriches the game in terms of gameplay. We could therefore add several leaders for civilizations already present.

Yeah, I agree. There needs to be more inbetween units and maybe some ways to add combat strength to existing units through techs or something. Getting outteched feels so bad when the enemy rolls up with units with 20+ combat strength on your units.

I have a bunch of ideas:

Make spies a unit on the map only visible to other civs spies.
  • That way you can use spies to scout enemy terrain when at war for example.
  • Moving a spy to an enemy city is easier if they are close and harder if they are far away.
  • Spies battle each-other like religious units do currently, giving you the opportunity to extract your spy when the enemy starts to close in with their spies.
  • You would need to train the spies like any other unit. Meaning you don't just magically get them and use them just because, they would require planning and resources.
  • You could build any number of spies rather than having a cap, they'd cost maintenance like any other military unit
Make climate change a global lose condition.
  • If climate change remains unchecked then everyone loses at some point.
  • This would effectively impose a rubber-banding mechanic on leading civs to have to deal with climate issues more than losing civs.
Change religion so it's more like city states.
  • Religions are not controlled by any civ
  • They give you bonuses if you do things they want you to do, e.g. Get rid of another religion, convert x percent of your empire to their religion, build them a church, etc.
  • Give civs more reason to want to be the same religion, rather than it being 'my religion or nothing' like it is now.
  • Encourages civs to spread multiple religions in their empire if religions are not directly opposed to each other. Effectively 'Free Religion'.
  • Removes horrible religion wars that i think are terrible gameplay at the moment.
  • Late game version of religion could be the multinational corporation.

Last edited:
I would like to be able to fabricate a scandal in multiplayer, without killing off my teammates envoys in a city state.

I really want a leader/civ designer. It would add so much use to achievements and would be so fun.

For example winning as each leader gains you an item based off that leader. (Alexander's helmet, Bruce's sword, teddies hat, ect.)

I have a bunch of ideas:
Late game version of religion could be the multinational corporation.
Religions should be obsolete by ideologies, not corporations. The only thing corporations have in common with religion is a bad Civ IV spreading mechanic that would be hated now (look how many people and why do not like religious victory).

I know it's not a direct aspect of the game, or a mechanic, but the best way to improve Civ VI is to give modders full access to the .dll files.

Top Bottom