Ideas to improve goal progress displays?

Leoreth

Blue Period
I am currently working on reimplementing all UHV goals, and now am mostly focused on the UHV texts, i.e. the goal description and the progress indicators in the victory advisor.

Are there any goal where you would like additional information that helps you keep track of the goal's progress? I am currently replicating the old progress display with the new system, but I also want to use the opportunity to make it better, so I am interested in ideas.

One example that I already changed is for "best city" type goals (i.e. most populous or most cultured), you will now always be shown the best foreign runner-up city if your city is currently the best, and your runner-up city if a foreign city is currently the best. In both cases, the value for each city (population/culture) will be displayed next to it.

Somewhat related: before Calendar is discovered, for any timed goal the turn is mentioned in addition to the year you have to finish it by. After discovering Calendar, only the year is mentioned; however, the turn number would still be useful information there.

There already is a setting to enable this.

For the Russian railroad UHV, I think a mentioning that is also should be in your border would be useful. Especially given how often this is brought up on the forums because people are unaware of this. (This also applies to the Canadian railroad UHV and Incan road UHV)

Last edited:
How can I enable this? Is it in the custom settings for games?

That said, I think it would make more sense for it to be on by default.

It should be in the BUG menu. (Advisors tab)

For the Russian railroad UHV, I think a mentioning that is also should be in your border would be useful. Especially given how often this is brought up on the forums because people are unaware of this. (This also applies to the Canadian railroad UHV and Incan road UHV)
I thought it was clear for the Incan one

In the second UHV of the CIV Aztecs (Build 6 step pyramids and sacral altars by 1650 AD) what is this "step pyramids"? is the pagan temple?

Yes.

Top Bottom