1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideia For Civ 7, brand new historic acurate campainghs

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Guacy, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Guacy

Guacy Chieftain

What i am asking, is about a campaing for Civ 7, whith beguin whith egypth, and go to WWIII, for exemple. each chapter you control a hegemony of the time, friest Egypht, then Grece, Then Rome. and so so...

all this campaighn chapters must be historic acurate, and be separeted from each chapter. and of course, in real Earth map.

sorry by my poor English.

2. halfhalfharp

halfhalfharp Chieftain

I kind of got what you meant, but I keep reading "camping" so I can't say that I am sure of what I have got.

You meant a continuous flow of historical campaigns according to real timeline?

And what is WWIII actually, did it happen so fast that I did't even hear of it?

Greywulf likes this.
  3. Guacy

Guacy Chieftain

well, WWIII never hapened, we can just pick off it. it was a way to say, well, from egypth to the times of great power of USA. better?

4. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

I think that's more EU4's gig than Civilization's. I for one don't really want the game picking my civilization for me, and at no period in time has there been a single hegemonic power. When Egypt was at its height, so were Sumer and Babylon; when Rome controlled the bulk of the "known world," Persia was right next door to remind them they didn't own all of it, further afield the Han dynasty ruled in China, and even in Europe the Goths and other Germanic tribes were breathing down Rome's neck.

Still, some sort of mechanic where civilizations come and go would be welcome. Many places that were inhabited in 2000 BC are still inhabited, but no civilization IRL has lasted from 2000 BC to the present.

5. Guacy

Guacy Chieftain

still, EU4 is at the focus in such gameplay, but civ has never be a single player campaing, the purpose for that is to make one in civ 7... also each chapter will take a aftermoon, since the game will make up in marathon like time. whith for example rome hegemony chapter take 300 turns. it,s like civ 4 beyond the sword WII mod but whith all bloody chapters of humanity.

6. awesome

awesome Chieftain

There was a mod like that for civ4. It was very popular and even came with the complete edition.

Zaarin likes this.
  7. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

Yeah, I remember it: Rhye's and Fall of Civilizations, or something to that effect.

8. awesome

awesome Chieftain

Yep. I'd at least like a mod/scenario with the dynamic city names from that, if nothing else

9. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf Chieftain

Pretty sure there is one actually, in fact I think it's called Dynamic City Names.

10. Naokaukodem

Naokaukodem Millenary King

Yep, that's what a game called "rise & fall" would be supposed to do, hence the fact that the name of Civ6 first expansion is overboard. What would be cool is a set of permanent people, and you can conquer them from someone else, just like now but without population loss. (half of cities is pretty harsh actually) There would be a distinction between rulers and people, although those two concepts would be porous. Example : Franks invading the Roman Gauls. It was majorly the military chiefs that took possession of a part a Gauls, bringing in their sillage a part of their people, wifes and children. They must have been way in minority among the people they ruled. However, that's their culture that were predominant. Another example : Mongols invading China. Mongols took possession of the whole China, but in the end the Chinese culture remained the same. The conquerors were culturally "absorbed" by China culture. How could we simulate this two opposed facts in one system in Civ, I have no idea.