1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Identified one cause for mod games to hang

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modding Tutorials & Reference' started by JammerK, Jun 29, 2011.

1. JammerK

JammerK Chieftain

I wanted to share something I tracked down as a repeatable error. It only happens when playing a game with mods. I.e, A game will freeze/hang. I then hit Ctrl/alt/del to start taskmanager and see the message that Civ5 stopped working. The common theme that also appears is some background auto-notification task started up. Could be Windows Vista or Adobe auto update, or Norton AV, etc. With that task having past, I am able to reload the last auto-save and continue gameplay. I have now updated Windows Startup manager to delete tasks that periodically check for updates, and before starting a game I turn on Silent Mode for Norton AV.

2. Nitram15

Nitram15 Pro Libertate!

This thread looks like to be in a wrong forum. I think it should be moved to the technical support