1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ideology for culture win?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by matlajs, Oct 8, 2016.

1. matlajs

matlajs King

Guys, which one u chose when you pursue culture victory and dont play civ which is certainly suited for some of them? i personaly feel like Order with its +34% to less happy civs tenet is strongest, if world seems to be peacefull.

2. Galbias

Galbias Prince

Definitely Freedom. A reliable +34% Tourism with Broadcast Towers is strong and much more consistent than the boosts from Order and Autocracy.

3. matlajs

matlajs King

but when you are sure u remain happier than other civs, that 34% modifier is better than that one in freedom or i will need recalculate it. mostly just few cities has high tourism output, as i build most of wonders in capital bcoz they cant steal GWs from there and in most games there is highest production for it. it seem to me in this case is better get +34% modifier from overall tourism output(in case you are happier) than just benefit with +34% increased modifier for cities. i thought tourism modifier is higher priority, if i have modest sum of tourism output.

4. Galbias

Galbias Prince

Broadcast Towers aren't the most amazing buildings ever but if you're going for Cultural Victory you'll probably want some anyways since they have GW slots, and more importantly you can control where you build them. The bonus Tourism from higher happiness is nice, but you can't control how happy AI players decide to be, and especially on higher difficulties it may be effectively impossible to get higher happiness than some AIs.

Order could still be better if your hardest target is also Order, because there's another tenant that gives you 34% to other Order civs.

5. matlajs

matlajs King

the thing is, that +34% from lvl3 order tenet works for global output and inject it directly to your oponents, makes from -50% ideology diference penalty just -16%. broadcast tower will increase tourism output of city by 34%, but it will be decreased anyway. but im definetly not saying you are wrong, need see those two cases next to each other to see diferences. i am probably dump in this case bcoz i picked sacred sites with pagodas + stupad(playing Persia), so in this case those BC towers modifier maybe would work better

6. matlajs

matlajs King

also, when we are in disscusion about it, how exactly that 50% modifier in autocracy works? for example when assyria and celt will fight vs ethiopia, those two will get that 50% modifier?

7. ColonelCarter

ColonelCarter Chieftain

Civ A has the 50% for common enemy tenet.
    Both Civ A and Civ C are at war with Civ B.
    Civ A gets +50% tourism with Civ C.

This bonus stacks, so if Civ A & C were both at war with both Civ B & D, Civ A would get +100% tourism with Civ C; B, D, & E -> +150% with C, etc.

Also, the relationship with the person who has the common enemy doesn't matter--in the above examples, Civ A could be at war with Civ C and still get the tourism bonus.

8. matlajs

matlajs King

does it also work that civs B-Y fight with you and get those modifier? or does that ,,common'' mean u need take a part yourself so you always need have at least B fighting with you someone else?. sry for my english and understanding.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016