Idon unstan sadam

Ouchgeddon

Spectre General
Wassup with Saddam...Recent news article quotes him as saying he fully supports the Palestinian Intifada.

"If Iraq had the chance, the ability to provide Palestinians with all they need to enable them to defend their land, sanctuaries, themselves and properties, it would do it." - Mr.Saddam

That's all normal like. But 10 years ago, wasn't he providing himself with all he needed to enable him to attack Kuwait/Saudi Arabia/WhichArabNationIsNext's land, sanctuaries, selves and properties, and he DID do it?

(But damn, brother, he is a BROTHER, brother. Them Isra-els, they ain't no brothers, brother. So let's not reject the help of this brother, my brothers! Oh brother.)

Let me get something off of my chest. . .

Saddam is full of crap. You know it, I know it.

Now, the only reason he is "assisting" Palestine is because they are against the Americans. There is no other reason. It gives him a reason to cut off oil. Whoopity-friggin-do! If Palestine was Israel and Israel, Palestine, he would help Israel. It doesn't matter to him and (not to any of you guys here at the CFC) you are a fool if you believe a crapping word that comes out of his mouth! He's a jackass!

I think the funny thing about that oil cut off is Saudi Arabia and Kuwait already offered to make up the difference... and the fact that the UN regulations force him to buy food with it.

So he is starving more of his people for political purposes. Go Saddam!

Perhaps if he didn't require 3 extravagant meals a day to be prepared at all 30 of his palaces plus countless residences regardless of if he is there to eat them there would be more food for the starving...

Isn't it funny (as in peculiar) how Saddam's amazing, appaling and horrendous links to terrorist organisations are being discovered by US and UK media since George Bush and Tony Blair try to convince the rest of the world that a war against Iraq is righteous? ;)

Originally posted by The Art of War
Now, the only reason he is "assisting" Palestine is because they are against the Americans.

The PLO was the largest polity to actively (but not materialy) support Iraq durring the Gulf War, which got them kicked out of must of the gulfs states and lost them them stipends from Kuwait, Saudi Arabia & others. This what forced them to make a deal at Oslo. Even wacko dictators can see some value in gratitude and repaying favors.

I think this whole current situation is funny in it's own way. For the past decade the Middle East has been complaining because the US won't stop interfering with their affairs. And now what are the complaining about? The US isn't doing enough to get Isreal to pull out.

Originally posted by TubaGuy
I think this whole current situation is funny in it's own way. For the past decade the Middle East has been complaining because the US won't stop interfering with their affairs. And now what are the complaining about? The US isn't doing enough to get Isreal to pull out.

That's because they see Israel as an extension of the United States, and western intervention in general. That's what they've been complaining about for a long time now.

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

That's because they see Israel as an extension of the United States, and western intervention in general. That's what they've been complaining about for a long time now.

Extension of the US? They have it all wrong. Don't they know that that is what Canada is? ;) :lol: j/k

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

I ment that they are complaining that we aren't interfering now when they've been complaining that we've interfered to much in the past. But I do agree that they think of Isreal as a western influence.

Does anyone else see a problem with the current peace process:

Israel: "We won't tank and air strike you anymore."
Palestine: "We won't blow up civilians anymore either."
UN: "Hurray! Peace at last."

Unhappy With Peace Hamas Member: "Oh yeah? Well that's too bad, me and my few close buddies don't want peace, so take this..."

A Bomb: "Boooooooooom!!!

Israel: "You treacherous biotches! Eat heavy armour!!"
Palestine: "You beetch slapped me! Eat nationwide resistance!"
UN: "Oh, F."

Originally posted by Ouchgeddon
Does anyone else see a problem with the current peace process:

Israel: "We won't tank and air strike you anymore."
Palestine: "We won't blow up civilians anymore either."
UN: "Hurray! Peace at last."

Unhappy With Peace Hamas Member: "Oh yeah? Well that's too bad, me and my few close buddies don't want peace, so take this..."

A Bomb: "Boooooooooom!!!

Israel: "You treacherous biotches! Eat heavy armour!!"
Palestine: "You beetch slapped me! Eat nationwide resistance!"
UN: "Oh, F."

If you see it this way, I am very sorry for you.

How about this:

Israel: "We will retreat if you stop terror"
Palestine: "We will stop terror if you retreat"

Israel Army Retreats
Palestiniens do not stop terror

Bomb: "BOOOOOM!" (27 dead Israelis)

Israel: "You didnt take actions against terror, so we must, to defend out citizens"
Palestine: "You ****ers! Dont invade our land! AHHH MASS MURDER! (Goes and releases some more propaganda to paralyze the Israeli troops from conducting operations to protect its citizens)".

UN: "Israel forces must retreat, arafat can do better to stop terror".

few weeks later, same old.

a very very sorry topic, especially since "we" tend to feel "better" than "them" - the one big truth is: as long as someone WANTS to intimidate people and HAS THE MEANS to do so, he WIL!

Should we do something?

If you can aswer that one, not for a special case but generally, speak out!

But then, what if there`s a history to it and the one who started it all is long dead?

I do think Arafat tried to stop terrorism BEST AS HE COULD! But, let`s face it, when you`ve been hunted for almost a lifetime by the best anti-terror force in the world, do you think your network would be broken into small, uncontrollable cells? I bet you would! And how should someone who isn`t in your very small loop then control it?????

Arafat couldn`t do what the israelis wanted and expected him to do. Whether he wanted or not, it was clear that it would be impossible. Only the smartest and "best" terorist had survived, not those who trusted in others (who could betray them to Israel).

So, Isreal shouldn`t be punishing Palestinan Police, but on the other hand the palestinians should actively help the Israelis catch the terrorists.

If and when both sides TRUST the official of the other side to do so, THEn peace there has a chance, because THEN remaining hardlines will not start it all again like Ouchgeddon showed.

How that trust should come to be, I don`t know :(

Originally posted by Killer
a very very sorry topic, especially since "we" tend to feel "better" than "them" - the one big truth is: as long as someone WANTS to intimidate people and HAS THE MEANS to do so, he WIL!

Should we do something?

If you can aswer that one, not for a special case but generally, speak out!

But then, what if there`s a history to it and the one who started it all is long dead?

I do think Arafat tried to stop terrorism BEST AS HE COULD! But, let`s face it, when you`ve been hunted for almost a lifetime by the best anti-terror force in the world, do you think your network would be broken into small, uncontrollable cells? I bet you would! And how should someone who isn`t in your very small loop then control it?????

Arafat couldn`t do what the israelis wanted and expected him to do. Whether he wanted or not, it was clear that it would be impossible. Only the smartest and "best" terorist had survived, not those who trusted in others (who could betray them to Israel).

So, Isreal shouldn`t be punishing Palestinan Police, but on the other hand the palestinians should actively help the Israelis catch the terrorists.

If and when both sides TRUST the official of the other side to do so, THEn peace there has a chance, because THEN remaining hardlines will not start it all again like Ouchgeddon showed.

How that trust should come to be, I don`t know :(

Arafat did nothing.
Arafat failed.
That's a fact.
None of the requested terrorists were arrested.
Arafat didn't mobilize his troops when Israel retreated.
Arafat keeps funding the military wing of the FATAH his own organization.
Arafat didn't disarm the Al-Akza Martyrs.
Arafat didn't act to disarm the Hamas or the Islamic Jihad.
Arafat didn't change his manipulating education.

You call that doing his best?
Israel already cooperated with the palestinien security forces.
For ****s sakes, we trained and armed them!

Originally posted by IceBlaZe

Arafat did nothing.
Arafat failed.
That's a fact.
None of the requested terrorists were arrested.
Arafat didn't mobilize his troops when Israel retreated.
Arafat keeps funding the military wing of the FATAH his own organization.
Arafat didn't disarm the Al-Akza Martyrs.
Arafat didn't act to disarm the Hamas or the Islamic Jihad.
Arafat didn't change his manipulating education.

You call that doing his best?
Israel already cooperated with the palestinien security forces.
For ****s sakes, we trained and armed them!

sorry Iceblaze, but I don´t think he is or was capable of doing all this! The terrorism network is fragmented to hell, giving every leader of every small cell the ability to destroy the peace prcess whenever he wants. Also, it makes them men of considerable influence and power - do you really think Arafat would have survived the arrests isreal called for??????? Being phsyically able to do it is something very different from being able to in a political sense!

I can symphatize with both the Isreali people and the Palestinians here, especially the way none can trust the other, but as long as there are so many people who invested their whole lives and believes into distrust and combat we won`t see a solution. I believe Arafat is totally powerless and has been so for quite some time. He served well as a public figure - but that was all.

If he is powerless to stop terror he should be elminiated, replaced or exiled.
If the palestinien authority is powerless to stop terror then dont complain when we need to do the job ourselves.

Izeblaze, I don`t complain about Israel trying to stop the terror. The problem here is that Isreal is taking the moral high stand - and that doesn`t go together with firing on palestinian Police headquarters!

OK, if the Police is not doing their job or even worse helping terrorists - then find the terrorists, kill them, and drag the INDIVIDUALS responsible into court!

NEVER EVER is it acceptable to fight an institution!!!!! NEVER!!!!!

Especially one should also go out of one`s way to preserve all that has been done by outsiders to aid the peace. So, NEVER EVER destroy schools built by the EU!!!!!

Aside from that, if Isreal had reacted by calling for an international police force (armed, of course, and working closely with Isreal) or simply had given the Palestinians the occupied territories back, then built a wall around them - NOONE ever would complain!

Give the Palestinians who want peace a chance to live, fight those who want terror - but make sure you don`t hit innocent people! Then you can claim to be morally right, and occasional mistakes are seen as what they are. Currently, it`s rather the other way round: the Palestinians come round as poor folks who suffer from the few who don`t want peace, while the Israelis come across as those who take a few terrorist as an excuse for their brutal repression of Palestinians. That`s the way is LOOKS, and whether that is true or not DOESN`T MATTER for world opinion!

Schools that aid peace? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In 1948 when 'Israel' and 'Palestine' were seperated into different areas, the Palestinians weren't happy. They wanted more land.
Israel has held out against most of the Middle East who HATE THEIR GUTS!!! That's 6million people against 300million people. I'm not having a dig against Muslims (who are lovely people) but their religion is totally wacko!
Has anyone forgotten the verse in the Qur'an that says,"They long that ye should disbelieve even as they disbelieve, that ye may be upon a level. So choose not friends from them (the disbelievers) till they forsake their homes in the way of Allah; if they turn back then take them and KILL them wherever ye find them, and choose no friend nor helper from among them.(Surah/Chapter 004 - An-Nisâ. Verse 89)

Doesn't sound like a religion of peace and tolerance, does it? If they are not Muslim, KILL THEM! is basically what the verse is saying. So, if the Palestinians are good Muslims and faithful to the Qur'an, they would have to KILL ALL the Israelis!
The Israelis (as a whole) want peace, prosperity, and stability. The Palestinians (as a whole) want the Israelis to be ANNIHALATED!!!

(As you may have guessed, I don't particularly like hearing the press tell us that 'Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance'. Muslims are PEOPLE of peace and tolerance, but Islam definitely isn't)

Top Bottom