If an A.I. plays exactly the same as you, what's your opinion of it?

ywhtptgtfo

Emperor
I'd say the following:
- Biggest back-stabber ever. Even the most prestigious appeasement will not starve off eventual invasion
- Big warmonger and loves to vassal
- Tech whores with lots of A.I. but gets into IAYWBTA mode all the time.
- Techs faster than Pacal and Hannibal
- Religion and relationships mean nothing to it
- Treats vassals poorly and loves demanding resources
- Weak in early game. Best to eliminate ASAP
- Loves bribing other A.I.'s into a war
- Very hard to bribe into meaningful wars unless it serves its interests

I'd say the following:
- Biggest back-stabber ever. Even the most prestigious appeasement will not starve off eventual invasion
- Big warmonger and loves to vassal
- Tech whores with lots of A.I. but gets into IAYWBTA mode all the time.
- Techs faster than Pacal and Hannibal
- Religion and relationships mean nothing to it
- Treats vassals poorly and loves demanding resources
- Weak in early game. Best to eliminate ASAP
- Loves bribing other A.I.'s into a war
- Very hard to bribe into meaningful wars unless it serves its interests

Mine would have some differences.
-Biggest back-stabber - absolutely. Watch me, Cathy, I'll show you how it's done!
-Loves to vassal.
-Tech whores like Mansa Musa.
-Techs faster than others.
-Relationships mean a lot until late game. Keeps friends close for tech trading then kills them when they have no use.
-Treats vassals well (don't want anybody leaving) but takes frequent advantage of trading for their only one of a resource.
-Dangerous rusher in early game. If you're close, I'm coming. Pre-religion psycho.
-Goes into a lot of phony wars and if you don't see many units on the border, don't come in. He's looking for double GG from Great Wall and road advantage to wipe out your stack.

It is awesome!

If I were an AI, I would probably be more of a person who has other people serve their own interests (like vassals), while they themselves build monster cities that have massive gold and hammer income. Then, when all cities are as good as they'll get, amass huge army within 20 turns and massacre all neighbors. Then repeat. :D

I'd probably complain about how easy the game would be if the AI was like me.

Like Tokugawa in skill level, but more agreeable :lol:.

I think I would like him.

I tend to take care of and be loyal to my friends and co-religionists. It isn't always the best winning strategy, but I like to do it because it makes the game seem more real.

I'm also pretty happy to stay within natural borders if left alone.

"Jeez, who pee'd in her Corn Flakes? WTF, has she got PMS again?! What a ball-busting, cranky b***h!!"

I'm sure that's what they say about me all of the time. Fair's fair. :lol:

Easy win. An AI that constantly forgets to micro his city screens, but can't reload the game.

I wrote mine more from the perspective of what an AI thinks of my playing style. Enjoy! :D

Wow, what an easy target! Sometimes his Cities are defenseless, sometimes they are guarded by a Warrior--and often his core Cities are still using one Warrior each for defence well into the 1900s AD!

He also has so many juicy-looking Wonders that I can't wait to annex his lands!

He's constantly trading with my Worst Enemy, despite by requests for him to stop.

For some reason, he loves to run a State Religion, even if it is counter to that of the rest of the world's State Religions.

He is easy to bribe into a war for a tech or two and in fact, he will foolishly trade away Monopoly techs to me for a pittance.

He Opens Borders at Furious, trades away Resources for even a single 1 Gold per Turn, and will sell up-to-date maps of his troops' placement for a mere 10 Gold.

He can be easily appeased from attacking me by acceeding to his Demands for small lump sums of tributed Gold.

He rarely defends his Cities properly with Archery units and will often garrison captured Cities with lame defenders like Horsemen or Cuirassiers.

He tends not to Pillage, seemingly in hopes of capturing other players' Cities, meaning that if I can fend off his stacks, my lands will remain relatively intact.

He is terrible at a Space Race--I mean, he doesn't even prioritize The Apollo Program and the Casings. What is he thinking?

And as for The Apostolic Palace and The UN elections, if he is one of the candidates, he sometimes won't even vote for himself! What a fool!

When it comes to a Cultural Victory, he risks everything by stopping research well before Rifling, relying on other players' goodwill to carry him through. Such a lovely target he makes!

As for Domination, he has this silly tendency to give-away some of his conquered Cities so that he can grow his population and perform some silly tactic that he keeps referring to as "collecting a beverage from the cows" or some other such nonsense.

If I tell him that I fear that he's becoming too advanced, all of a sudden he'll start a military unit build-up and come after me.

He's too dumb to spend a lot of effort building Espionage Buildings, so I can often see exactly what his Cities are up to.

He also really loves to spread around my Religion for me--it is so simple: all that I need to do is send a single Missionary to him and he'll do the rest! Of course, it seems that whenever I build a Holy Shrine, he will get this evil-looking glint in his eye, so I have learned to settle my Great Prophets or to try for other Great People instead.

For some reason, he ignores all of the best Wonders that I love to get, such as Stonehenge, The Statue of Zeus, The Shwegadon Paya, The Temple of Artemis, The Great Wall, and most importantly, Chichen Itza, even when he has a tech monopoly on the relevant techs. What is he thinking?

He also seems to be in love with founding Confucianism. It must be his Favourite Religion in the XML.

You can count on him to beeline Liberalism, making him a ripe target in the Medieval Age.

If I am sneaky, I can get him to trade me Education and will beat him to Economics 2 out of 3 times. He seems to be content with getting Liberalism and The Taj Mahal. Me, I prefer my free Great Merchant.

He's also generally too cheap to upgrade his troops--I don't understand why--I'll upgrade my troops at just about any chance that I can get! You never know when the enemy might come for you, so you'd best be prepared!

I can consistently beat him to The Space Elevator 9 times out of 10. The 10th time is when we're playing Warlords or Vanilla.

He is a sissy in the late game. I can count the number of times that he has nuked me or any other player on one hand.

He is also overly worried about his reputation and if I can get other players to like me, then he will hesitate to attack me. Such foolishness! If you want a fight, come and get it, and my allies and I will take you on head-to-head!

If him being a World Wonder hogger wasn't bad enough, it seems that he wastes his time trying to find a use for just about every National Wonder. Play the game already and quit calculating which location will have the most base Hammers or Food!

He used to be a good player that Cottage-spammed the world. These days, he foolishly skips building a lot of Cottages. In fact, he doesn't even abuse the most well-known top tactic of the game: building Cottages until they mature into Towns and then paving-them over with Farms! I mean come on, what kind of a player are you if you can't use this game-killing tactic!?!

Would be a very agreeable civlization- as long as you didn't start next to them. They might knock you off for some extra expansion space with no other reason. After that, a great teammate. I'll often spam give technologies to my weaker allies just to make them strong friends for nothing in return. Cathy has same religion, founded the religion but is weak? Give her rifling, watch her set up your alliance for you and take out your rivals. Quietly obtain top score.

If the AI actually tried to win, it wouldn't need to derp around with such crappy bonuses and have the RNG decide whether it does well. It would be a nice change, as opposed to an AI declaring through the borders of multiple others just because it's pissy.

-- Places cities stupidly and haphazardly
-- Builds half as much workers as it needs
-- Does not build more than 1 ship
-- Bribes others into war constantly
-- Tech whore
-- Loves Marble

Reloads when the RNG Gods don't favor him.
Builds 10 settlers - ends up with >100 cities.
Lost ~20 units - killed more than 500 enemy units.
Plays on Noble because we could play on Monarch or Emperor but it would be much harder to win so easily by Conquest. Gives the lame excuse that that way there are no bonuses either way, even though we has an idea how the AI is scripted to think and how to easily have the AI play on his own terms.

If an AI played like me, I'd hate him and would worldbuild the crap outta him.

-Why he's such a tree hugger. Doesnt he know that forest give production when chopped.
- Very untrustworthy. Always backstabbing.
- Tech Hore!
- Anti-Aggressive. Never defends himself properly.
- Always willing to make a trade. Even if its a bad one.
- Wants to befriend everyone. And let everyone in with his open borders.
- Ignores me for the most. Especially when I'm demanding.
- Always founds his own religion and never wants to share it with anyone.
- Never rushes. Always peacefull to be a neighbourgh in the beginning.
- Treats his population very good. Always thinking about their health, happiness, education and financial situation.
- Uses way too much space between his cities. Almost never sharing tiles between his cities.
- Builds few but large cities.
- Never play for winning.

Never accepts my generous fishing+archery for alphabet type of trades.

Top Bottom