If any of you want to work in Antarctica they are currently hiring dishwashers

Saving 8 grand over half a year is okay. I don't know if it's great. Pretty good for a dishwasher, though.

But, heck, I sure look at that resume twice, if I was an employer

Seeing as I've put off going back to school until this fall... I'd apply for the job now if I weren't married. Well being married and that there's a dental exam. My teeth are rather meah.

I think the difference between you and I, masque, is that you see the location of the job as a detriment... a detriment to an otherwise crappy job. I see it as a redeeming quality to a crappy job.

I would love to go to Antarctica for a visit. Actually it's one of my goals.
I would positively loathe WORKING there as a freaking DISHWASHER, yeah. Living in Antarctica sucks, big time.

Well, the only other way to save £1,000 per month is to live with parents. Now THAT would be like prison...

If I had my degree and had just been laid off, I would do it just for the experience.

Well in comparison if I moved to Fort Mac I could get paid 20-25$ an hour sweeping.

Nobody would enjoy that job.

$377 dollars a week, for 10 hours of standing work per day, requiring a drug test and background check. Not to mention, you're in freaking ANTARCTICA.

Sounds like a Crappy job. Note the capital "C".

I concur. Anyone who takes this job is a freakin' moron.

How could there actually be that amount of dishes to warrant 10 hours work?

Just live in your car

Like every university student in Canada, the thought crossed my mind. But I'd rather finish and be the guy who's housed by the company.

I don't think you actually stand for 10 hours/day. I think it is a medical designation thingy to say you can if you must.

There's no amount of money that could compensate for actually doing dishes for 10 hours/day. That would suck - alot.

News to me, I've been doing it for years.

News to me, I've been doing it for years.
Not good for your joints.

This job sounds absolutely terrible. Antarctica isn't exotic, it's barren. There'd definitely be no place more absolutely miserable. And you are working 10 (10!) hours a day. Sounds like hell.

Top Bottom