1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

If I can buy tiles then I should be able to sell tiles

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by GMO, Jan 29, 2013.

1. GMO

GMO Warlord

I can buy tiles to expand my city.

I don't see an option to sell tiles.

Perhaps I want to raise cash or reduce the size of my city, for whatever reason.

There should be an option where I can sell my city tiles to a city in another civilization or a city-state.

2. SouljahAtWar

SouljahAtWar Wasteland Souljah

Sorry, you can't sell tiles, but you can try selling some unneeded buildings if you are strapped for cash.

3. jjkrause84

jjkrause84 King

That'd be cool! If only you could buy/sell land from/to another Civ!

4. TyBoy

TyBoy Prince

You can't buy tiles that someone else owns so thinking of it as buying a tile is misleading. It's more like you're paying to send a dedicated exploration/survey/missionary/settlement team to the area instead of just waiting for enterprising pioneers from within your empire to do it themselves. Calling those people back or forcibly resettling those pioneers doesn't make them refund you their exploration costs so it wouldn't make sense for you to be able to "sell" the tile.

5. tetley

tetley Head tea leaf

It would be awesome if civs could bully other civs for "disputed tiles". The free and independent City-State of Taipei has a couple tiles within 3 tiles of China civ. China bullies Taipei. Taipei tells China to kiss off. America warns China that they have Pledged Protection to Taipei....

6. Heerlo

Heerlo Jedi Master Hearlo

I think the button to buy tiles actually says something like that.

7. Djinn8

Djinn8 Chieftain

I'd be happy if you had the choice to assign which tiles you expanded to rather than it being automated.

8. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Well, you can't sell tiles, but you can sell cities to the AI. I haven't tried it, but I've thought of farming cities to sell to the AI. I wonder if they would pay more for a pop 1city than the cost of the settler or if they care that the city they are paying top dollar for is on a one tile island near the pole.

9. Heretiv

Heretiv Warlord

Selling cities when you have too many puppets to cope with happiness wise works well too.

10. crazymarco

crazymarco Chieftain

So I still remember at Civ4, the culture border will change from time to time. Still clearly remember when using the Great Artist to boom others culture border is so interesting.