1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

If i don't found a religion, i lost ALL of the accumulated faith everytime i capture a holy city.

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by SuperNoobCamper, Jul 15, 2019.

1. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

I'm not if this is intentional or not but it's pretty annyoing, even if i capture a holy city of a religion that all of my cities are following, i lose all the accumulated faith.
    Am i doing something wrong ? Is there a
    Way to disable this ? I'm playing june 2nd version... never liked the happinwss changes in 6-12.

2. telelavoro

telelavoro Chieftain

I think that this behaviour was introduced in a recent version to avoid situations where you could conquer your way to a religion, then with your saved faith enhance your religion using a great prophet far faster than otherwise possible. If you have anything you can use your faith on like buildings from religions, you should dump it before you conquer a holy city I guess.

3. Rekk

Rekk Emperor

This is intended. Because you never founded a religion, your Great Prophets are incredibly cheap, leading to early enhanced religions.

The currently correct thing to do in this situation is spend your faith on buildings/missionaries/inquisitors/great people before conquering the Holy City.

4. SuperNoobCamper

SuperNoobCamper King

This maybe true earlier in the game but capturing a holy city of an already enhanced & reformed religion in the Renaissance era to lose 7~8K of faith makes no sense especially if it's the same religion your cities are following.

5. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

It's is a bug, imho.

6. Rekk

Rekk Emperor

You're benefitting from the first two great Prophets that the civ you conquered spent to create and enhance the religion, and then you want to immediately gain another two Great Prophets from your current stockpile of faith, which would normally be spent to found/enhance your religion but now can be used for something else. Just by conquering your first Holy City you would gain two free great Prophets.

People have been asking for the current stockpile to be reduced by the faith it would cost to found a religion, but this never happened. In my opinion, conquering a holy city should increase the cost of your next great prophet by the number of great prophets the religion already produced.

7. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

I think if you already control a holy city, this effect should stop occurring.

8. kawyua

kawyua Warlord

I really wish there was some kind of warning indicator, anywhere, just anywhere at all of what the majority religion is. I've had turns after turns late game where i mistakenly change majority and lose thousands of faith to golden age points when i don't want to at that point. I don't mind the idea of faith turning into golden age points, in fact i did utilize it to get golden ages going, but the fact that there is no warning at all makes it not fun to try to play with. If there was any liked timed delay of a couple turns or something it would be nice.

9. Rekk

Rekk Emperor

Is this actually happening when your majority religion changes, or just when you conquer your first holy city?

I agree that it would be nice to pop up a warning for when you are about to conquer your first holy city, if it's possible.

10. kawyua

kawyua Warlord

I'm talking about when i spread a religion to one of my cities. i know beforehand to spend my faith before capturing my first holy city when i dont have a religion, but a warning for that to would also be nice