If the first expansion in civ 6 is about diplomacy here's what i want to see.

dragon653

Chieftain
We know that a world congress is going to be back in the first expansion, so if that's the theme here are some mechanics i wan't to see.

starting with minor ones.
  • The ability to to get an ally to declare war on someone while you are currently at war with that person.
  • the ability to barter a peace deal with two people at war.
  • i want the vassal system back.
Now for three big mechanic's. The first one is the ability to buy mercenaries from other civ's Italian city state style. The way it would work that you would give the other civ a lump sum of gold and gold per turn to get a few of there units to fight in your war. But would come with the danger that someone else could buy those exact same unit out from under you and now you have enemy mercenary's behind your lines.

The second mechanic requires that every civ have two leaders so take this with a grain of salt. So if a set of city's mete the requirements of revolution (there would be a lens that would tell you if city has a chance to revolt) they will start to produce rebels. The fist city that falls will become "The capitol of the revolution" and will try to conquer the rest of the rebelling city's, and you have to try to put down the revolution in a set amount of turns. If you fail to do so there are 4 outcomes.
  1. The revolution was not able to spread outside the capitol so that city will become a city state and take on the attribute of a city state not in the game.
  2. the revolution was able to capture 2 or more city's, and the majority were city's the original civ founded the second leader of the civ will found a new civilization.
  3. the revolution captured 2 or more city's, and the majority were of a different civ all the city's will be given to that civ.
  4. the revolution captured 2 or more city's, and it was an even number between two different civ's the same as 2 happens.
now what makes this mechanic interesting is that in the ancient through medieval eras other civ's can fund the revolution against the other civ with mercenaries and just straight up giving them money(ex: if you give them enough money for an archer the revolution will get three)and after the renaissance civ's can do all that but they can also start a revolution with spies. Also in all eras funding a revolution gives the civ your funding against an automatic causes beli against you.

Now for the final mechanic is essentially an expansion of the importance of the world congress. basically you have new bills that let you 1. end a war 2. end multiple wars that have all the same people in them 3.end a revolution(a revolution can also be ended in the other two options.) after that bill is passed the leaders of the world congress can will write up peace treaties and then the congress will vote again to pick one of the treaties.(these have all the functions of real life treaties.)

hope you enjoyed this i just wanted to make diplomacy more important.:king:

I would like to see gifting units and techs, being able to join a civ already at war or have them join me, and environmental issues be a causi belli - like if the world congress bans whaling, and someone is still whaling, I can dow.

Diplomacy needs many more options, too many to list. And relationships should matter more - too often a civ will dow you the turn a dof ends and while your relationship is still great.

Top Bottom