1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

If the "leaked" picture turns out to be true...

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Civciv5, Jul 12, 2016.

?

How do you feel if the leaked pic turned out to be true?

Poll closed Aug 11, 2016.
  1. Very satsified

13 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. Satisfied

36 vote(s)
    42.4%
  3. Disappointed

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Outraged

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Atrocious! Intolerable! Insulting! Terrible!

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  6. Mixed

21 vote(s)
    24.7%
  7. Some regions are not represented, which is disappointing

25 vote(s)
    29.4%
  8. Some leaders are bad choices

19 vote(s)
    22.4%
  9. Some civilizations are bad choices

14 vote(s)
    16.5%
  10. Many civs/leaders are bad choices

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  11. This is so disappointig I won't buy the game at all!

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  12. We just need to get rid of Gandhi!!!

20 vote(s)
    23.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

If the "leaked" picture turns out to be true, how do you feel about the choice of the civs and leaders?

2. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Leaders: not all, but most of them are reasonable.
    Civs: definitely love them! As they're focus on Europe and the European leaders are all from Medieval/Renaissance era.

3. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Emperor

Satisfied, Mixed, Some Weird Leaders, Some Weird Civilizations.

4. Liex

Liex King

Satisfied. One cannot please Greeks and Trojans, or cover the whole Earth with a short blanket.

I'm particularly happy with Kongo and Sumeria.

I'd trade Brazil for the Inca, or Dom Pedro II for Getúlio Vargas, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not interested in seeing a younger version of Pedro II.

5. Aesir_Snacks

Aesir_Snacks Chieftain

I would rather have the Inca instead of Brazil in vanilla for South America and it would have been nice to have a Southeast Asian Civ, but on the whole I'm satisfied. If we actually do get Georgia under Tamar, the Mughals, and Sweden, I think that would be grounds to go up to very satisfied.

6. CivCube

CivCube Feelin' defiant.

It's a very Ed Beach selection of civs. The lead designer comes from a background of boardgames that focus on the Protestant Reformation.

7. Monado

Monado King

I would want a Native American civ in the game more than most of the civs we sleuthed today, but it's not looking likely now. Still, I'm not really upset because I know they'll be back in eventually. Some people will just have to wait a little longer for their favorite civ via more dlc rounds or expansions.

Overall - Satisfied

(also still waiting 15 patient years for an official Phoenician civ)

*This poll is poorly made. Repetitive choices. Many categories need to be cleaned up.

8. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

Decidedly mixed. Some choices I'm a fan of--I think Scythia is a fascinating choice, for example, and I'm glad to see Barbarossa, Isabella, Sumer--but Catherine d' Medici, Brazil, Poland are all horrible, horrible choices IMO--with Brazil by far the worst--and the lack of Native American civ is unacceptable to me. I'd grumble about Gandhi, but he felt too inevitable for me to really feel that cheated. I was also hoping for Catherine rather than Peter, but I don't really care either way.

9. Amrunril

Amrunril Emperor

I don't object to any of the civs or leaders individually, but as a whole, the list looks very European. You can say all you like about increasing geographic diversity, but if you treat half a dozen European civs (1/3 of the game's slots) as sacrosanct and then add more, there's really no way for that not to be an empty promise. France, Germany and Russia are all interesting civs, but so are the Inca and Mongolia, who may not be making it to vanilla in V or VI, and so are plenty of the civs in Southeast Asia, North America and Sub-Saharan Africa that are forced to rotate into the few remaining slots not taken by de-facto permanent civs.

10. j51

j51 Blue Star Cadet

:agree::thanx:

"If the "leaked" picture turns out to be true..." they done messed up.

11. JtW

JtW Prince

I'm very happy in general. Pericles instead of Alex, Poland is there, Barbarossa, Sumer, Scythians - a lot of exiting things.

12. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Mixed reactions I see. If this does turn out to be true, I will be very disappointed. I mean Brazil and Poland before a Southeast Asian civ?

13. JtW

JtW Prince

How is Brazil any worse than America as a civ?

14. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

American influence is everywhere, it is the current leading superpower. Its status as a civilization is undisputable.
    Brazil on the other hand can barely be called a civilization, and its achievements are not very impressive, it's more a nation than a civilization.

Most nations younger than the USA would not qualify as civilizations either.

15. JtW

JtW Prince

Really? In terms of civilization, it can easily be argued that America is an offshoot of the English civilization. No disputing America's current power but a lot of nations had that kind of power and you wouldn't call them civilizations. America is lucky in that it is modern and it is where the Civ games are developed.

16. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

American culture is not an "offshoot" of English culture, it is very different. Its cuisine, architecture, dialect, society, arts...
    Its achievements are many, ranging from military achievements to cultural ones.

All civilizations that achieved such power are civilizations (China, Rome, Assyria, Persia, Great Britain, Russia, France).

17. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

I would have preferred more non-European civs, but overall it's fine and no worse than any other new civ game. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of Southeast Asian civs, but it's offset by my happiness about seeing Scythia and Kongo.

18. j51

j51 Blue Star Cadet

America only gets in every vanilla version because it's the current hegemon and it's where the game is made. Honestly, America and Brazil both belong as late run expansions, or dlc, after the longer lived empires have gotten their due.

19. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

That's ridiculous. The United States of America is on par with civilizations like France or England. Though I would place it under China, Greeve, Rome or India.
    Also some civilizations like The Aztecs didn't live very long either.

20. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Well... May I ask that why don't you like Gandhi?