If the "leaked" picture turns out to be true...

How do you feel if the leaked pic turned out to be true?

• Very satsified

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Satisfied

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Outraged

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atrocious! Intolerable! Insulting! Terrible!

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Mixed

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Some regions are not represented, which is disappointing

Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Some leaders are bad choices

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Some civilizations are bad choices

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • Many civs/leaders are bad choices

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • This is so disappointig I won't buy the game at all!

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • We just need to get rid of Gandhi!!!

Votes: 20 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll try to see this calmly, but I just can't!
He shouldn't represent India because he already did!
FIVE TIMES IN A ROW!!! I'M TIRED OF THIS ANNOYING RUNNING GAG! Kill it with fire! GIVE US LITERALLY ANYONE ELSE!

There are many other leaders who are equally good choices, if not better ones.

I would love to see a list of 18 civs that completely satisfies 100% of players.

I'd say satisfied just because I can't really bring myself to care all that much about the Civ selection. While it'd be nice to have a better spread than the spoiled list suggests, honestly it is not one of my first 50 concerns going into the game. I'm far more interested in the mechanical aspects of actually playing the game--what are the abilities of these Civs, how well balanced are they, how do they change the game or influence my play? Is the game fun?

In the end, it won't bother me very much (or, more accurately, at all) if Brazil was chosen over the Incas. What will matter to me is if Brazil is interesting to play.

It is not optimal, but frankly, it is much, much more better than vainilla civ 5's civilization list, certainly an improvement.

For all the cries about eurocentrism in civ 6, in civ 5 we got a game that included the Sioux at the expense of the Incas and the Mongols, and that included the Soshone and Venice at the expense of the Khmer and Thailand.

I would gladly take an eurocentric list of relevant, well designed and represented civilizations over a "pandering to american tastes" one with a bunch of poorly represented civs (warmongering Japan, uber-generic America, and a long etc).

That being said, there's still a lot to critisize in the current civ 6 rooster. There are many big civs which really ought to be there (Incans & Mayans comes to mind), some reaaaaally obscure ones whose inclusion is truthly puzzling (Brazil so early?), and the S-E Asia region has got whoefully underrepresented,which is a pity considering how much of a rich history that region has.

However, the leader selection is incredibly spot on (save for Ghandi, ahem), and the design of each civilization has, so far, proved that Ed Beach has a far more deep understaning of history and what shaped each civilization personality than the designers of civ 5.

I say Civ5 was better at diversity, at least we got a Southeast Asian civ.

We have still never got a native South American civ in the basegame, though. Neither an Oceanian one.

Civciv5: Would be also weird not to have a Native American civ in the launch, but having Ameria who basically took their lands..

Maybe one of "mystery" images is a Native american civ. Someone thought that one image could be a chief's feather headress.

The civ bonuses are what really matter. I don't care too much about the leaders themselves as long as the unique bonuses are interesting.

I honestly didn't hope so much. I'm really, really satisfied. Trajan, Gilgamesh, Catherine de Médicis, Saladin, Teddy, Frederic, Pericles... The only one I'm a bit disappointed about is Gandhi. It almost convinced me to preorder.

Catherine de Médicis (or Caterina de' Medici) for France is a surprisingly good move. She is an interesting ruler (as a regent, queen mother and queen) from an interesting time that is surprisingly rarely depicted for France in video games. I'm really, really tired to see Napoléon everywhere, and even if I thought it would be Louis XIV, and if I wished to see Richelieu, I'm pleasantly surprised by this choice.

Native americans are represented by Aztecs. Considering how few civs are in the base game, that's enough, and we are very, very likely to get at least the Incas in the first extension, or even in DLC. I think that the door is open for continent/region-based DLCs (Americas, Africa, south-east Asia).

For all the cries about eurocentrism in civ 6, in civ 5 we got a game that included the Sioux at the expense of the Incas and the Mongols, and that included the Soshone and Venice at the expense of the Khmer and Thailand.

Civ 5 had he Iroquois on launch, not the Sioux.

We have still never got a native South American civ in the basegame, though. Neither an Oceanian one.

Inca in Civ 4.

Inca wasn't just in civ 4 vanilla, it started and stayed crushingly top tier and was the only routine HoF ban in many of their organized setting games. They're pretty good in 5 too, but nowhere near like 4.

It's interesting to see that we might finally get a central Asian civ, but release without something representing the Mongols would be a joke. Nothing in SEA is also a problem.

How is Brazil any worse than America as a civ?

Quite aside from the fact that America is a major world power and Brazil is not, I'd love to see both of them axed. But since America's inclusion is inevitable, it definitely feels like Brazil is taking up a slot that should belong to a non-Western civilization--Native American, Inca, Southeast Asian, African, Persia, Ottomans--really anyone but yet another Western post-colonial nation. Having one post-colonial nation in the game is already one too many, IMO.

Gandhi in, Poland in. Very well :)

Of course you like Poland in, you're from Poland.
Here's what I think: Poland should not be in the base game because it overcrowds an already Eurocentric game, whole regions like Southeast Asia are NOT EVEN REPRESENTED.

Of course you like Poland in, you're from Poland.
Here's what I think: Poland should not be in the base game because it overcrowds an already Eurocentric game, whole regions like Southeast Asia are NOT EVEN REPRESENTED.

Poland/Brazil/several others without Mongols/SEA is comical. I hold out hope that list is more incomplete than expected or bogus.

Poland/Brazil/several others without Mongols/SEA is comical. I hold out hope that list is more incomplete than expected or bogus.
I agree, maybe they just put a poster there with fake leaders, while also listing the already revealed ones, in order to troll us.

Poland was always a missing piece of the puzzle in civ games. It's a bit like North America without Native Americans.

We don't know what Civs will be put in the base game yet. This leak was intentional to check reactions, I think.

Poland was always a missing piece of the puzzle in civ games. It's a bit like North America without Native Americans.

We don't know what Civs will be put in the base game yet. This leak was intentional to check reactions, I think.

If that were the case, how would they respond to our reactions? It's too late in development to make drastic changes to selections of Factions and Leaders. It was probably already too late before the game was publicly announced.

I agree, if we have 18 civ in the base game and 22 in the poster, most likely some will come in DLCs

Top Bottom