If the "leaked" picture turns out to be true...

How do you feel if the leaked pic turned out to be true?

• Very satsified

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Satisfied

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Outraged

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atrocious! Intolerable! Insulting! Terrible!

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Mixed

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Some regions are not represented, which is disappointing

Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Some leaders are bad choices

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Some civilizations are bad choices

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • Many civs/leaders are bad choices

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • This is so disappointig I won't buy the game at all!

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • We just need to get rid of Gandhi!!!

Votes: 20 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Europeans living across the Atlantic Ocean" I don't think is really a complete, fair assessment though. Brazil is a mix of Portuguese, other European, African, and indigenous influences and is very much a unique culture with its own cultural achievements to speak of.
Achievements such as...?

Most Brazilians are descended from Europeans, and they're not really a seperate civilization yet.

I mean have the conquered half of the world like the Mongol Empire, built wonders like the Taj Mahal or Versailles, invented half of the world's inventions like China, built the basis for Western civilizaton like Greece and Rome, produced a huge number of aesthetic masterpieces of art like France or built an enormous colonial empire like the British?

Achievements such as...?

I mean have the conquered half of the world like the Mongol Empire, built wonders like the Taj Mahal or Versailles, invented half of the world's inventions like China, built the basis for Western civilizaton like Greece and Rome, produced a huge number of aesthetic masterpieces of art like France or built an enormous colonial empire like the British?

But those Civs will be in the base game (except Mongolia). And Poland and Brazil may be sold as DLCs.

So which civ do you propose instead? Mongols will come later if you pay extra :lol:

Commercial reasons make a poor substite for actual reasons, such as historical achievements.

What is your definition of "actual reasons"? If putting a civ in the game is commercially beneficial, that means that people are choosing to buy it because it's in the game, and they prefer it for a reason which "actual" in the sense that it is occurring in the real world.

And that reason is probably that the civ represents that region and the people that live there (either as they currently are or through heritage). Possibly also that people that don't live there want that region and those people to be represented.

Furthermore, Firaxis must leave some catchy and interesting Civs for DLCs and expansions.

But those Civs will be in the base game (except Mongolia). And Poland and Brazil may be sold as DLCs.

So which civ do you propose instead? Mongols will come later if you pay extra
Why should I pay extra for civilizations that should be in the basegame?
My points is that Brazil has none of such achievements and pales in comparison to many civilizations.
Furthermore, Firaxis must leave some catchy and interesting Civs for DLCs and expansions.
That's perfectly possible without having no representation from Southeast Asia, Oceania or South America AT ALL in the basegame.

My points is that Brazil has none of such achievements and pales in comparison to many civilizations.

That's perfectly possible without having no representation from Southeast Asia, Oceania or South America AT ALL in the basegame.

To give you a better reason to spend more money, I guess.

Ed mentioned they do not want to neglect South America this time, so we can expect them later.

We are getting (or looks like it anyway) first-timers like Scythians, Kongo, Ghana... and very cool leader choices like Trajan and Barbarossa. Why not see the GOOD parts of these choices and just concentrate on the "negative" ?

How many African civs Civ 5 got at launch? Songhai and Egypt.

Civ 4 gave us generalizations like Native Americans and Vikings.

Every single unit model in Civ 5 was an european one, now we are getting ethnic diversity for unit design and skin in Civ 6.

I say it's more productive and healthy in the long run to see things more positive, I can guarantee new exciting civs from all corners of the world in the span of Civ 6.

Achievements such as...?

Bossa Nova and Samba, Capoeira, Oscar Niemeyer who was a pioneer of modern architecture, and the Brazilian carnival tradition to name a few.

Most Brazilians are descended from Europeans, and they're not really a seperate civilization yet.

Yes and no. Brazil is culturally and ethnically mixed, with most of the population having African or indigenous descent as well as European and nearly half identifying as "Pardo" ("brown" or mixed-race).

I'm really not sure what exactly your definition of a "separate civilization" is, given you do consider it to include America, which arguably is more "European" than Brazil is.

"Should be" in the base game is basically a subjective question. If you don't want to buy Civ 6 because a particular civilization is only in an expansion or DLC when it "should be" in vanilla, that's your prerogative. It strikes me as a little bit petty (if you're on CivFanatics, you were probably going to buy the expansions anyway :crazyeye: ), but if you don't feel it's worth your money, more power to you.

We are getting (or looks like it anyway) first-timers like Scythians, Kongo, Ghana... and very cool leader choices like Trajan and Barbarossa. Why not see the GOOD parts of these choices and just concentrate on the "negative" ?

How many African civs Civ 5 got at launch? Songhai and Egypt.

Civ 4 gave us generalizations like Native Americans and Vikings.

Every single unit model in Civ 5 was an european one, now we are getting ethnic diversity for unit design and skin in Civ 6.

I say it's more productive and healthy in the long run to see things more positive, I can guarantee new exciting civs from all corners of the world in the span of Civ 6.

:agree:

Although, I'm not sure you should get your hopes up for Ghana just yet. For that matter we can't be sure Kongo or the Scythians or Trajan and Barbarossa are in. If this is the list, though, there's plenty to be happy about.

So which civ do you propose instead? Mongols will come later if you pay extra :lol:

Actually the Civ that build the Taj Mahal is not in the base game and has never existed in any civ base game or expansion.

I would prefer to see nations like Mongolia to overt pandering to sales, which is the only reason you'd expect some of the choices that could make it in ahead of them and several others.

A poll with 2 positive and 9 negative options, pls
There should be less of them and more balanced

Anyway, mixed.
++Scythia
+Sumer
+Kongo
+Pericles instead of Alexander
+Traian instead of Caesar
+Barbarossa, Peter, Jadwiga, Pedro
+Representation of Central Asia, deep Africa and SA

- Horribly eurocentric with second tier of coolness and importance "white man" civs instead of very important or interesting other civs
- I'm Polish and I'd vastly prefer one more Asian civ instead of Poland on release
- Brazil... instead of Inca... I mean I am very fine with Brazil civ but Andean civilisations should have far bigger priority. I think it is on release because of Brazilian gaming market.
- Catherine Medici is not the worst ruler but still fail once you realize how many super rulers France had and how many other female leader opportunities were wasted for other civs
- Afonso instead of Nzinga is complete failure
- Ridiculous lack of South East Asia
- - - gandhi

Poland will be in an early DLC most probably, so it is perfectly fine. It is optional. And no, many people wanted it, so there we have it. A good thing.

And they wanted it for a reason.

But you can't make everyone happy. Never.

Poland will be in an early DLC most probably, so it is perfectly fine. It is optional. And no, many people wanted it, so there we have it. A good thing.

And they wanted it for a reason.

But you can't make everyone happy. Never.

Poland DLC or larger body of civs in base game are fine, I'm not so fine with cutting out Inca/Indian nations/Mongols for pandering though. Though this isn't a confirmed list by any stretch so I can't get too upset on conjecture.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Spoiler :

But do continue.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Spoiler :

But do continue.

I'd point out that Cristo Redentor wouldn't be the only wonder in the game without the civ that built it. I don't believe the Nabataeans have ever made it into the game despite the presence of Petra, Machu Picchu and Chichen Itza were included before The Inca and Maya, Sydney Opera House but no Australia, etc.

Yeah a giant statue of Jesus Christ is certainly as impressive as the Taj Mahal, Angkor Wat, The Louvre or the Sydney Opera House. Also, that's just one thing, which isn't that impressive, there are statues four times larger than that one.

Also, building sich a thing with modern technology isn't that difficult. But imagine how much work was required to build the Great Pyramids or the Great Wall.

Yeah a giant statue of Jesus Christ is certainly as impressive as the Taj Mahal, Angkor Wat, The Louvre or the Sydney Opera House. Also, that's just one thing, which isn't that impressive, there are statues four times larger than that one.

Also, building sich a thing with modern technology isn't that difficult. But imagine how much work was required to build the Great Pyramids or the Great Wall.

This was ironic? Cristo Redentor is not just a statue of Jesus Christ, it is one of the seven wonders of the modern world. And Angkor Wat, The Louvre or the Sydney Opera House are not.
Even if it's just a statue is a statue that is a world wonder, even in the midst of so many statues, some four times larger.
It is one of the greatest symbols Christians worldwide

It is one of the greatest symbols Christians worldwide

That's news to this Christian. I'm familiar with its existence and find it quite beautiful in the way it stands over the city and harbor, but I can't say I've ever associated it with being a particular symbol of my faith.

That's news to this Christian. I'm familiar with its existence and find it quite beautiful in the way it stands over the city and harbor, but I can't say I've ever associated it with being a particular symbol of my faith.

Okay, this is complex, especially when dealing with a big religion like Christianity, perhaps not all Christian monuments are representative for 100% of Christians, since we have many branches within the religion.

But I do believe that Cristo Redentor is a great Christian symbol, since we are talking about the most famous monument of the second largest Christian country in the world. Jesus Christ with open arms for a city (country also serves) full of social problems, I think a Christian perspective very symbolic in that.

it is one of the seven wonders of the modern world
According to whom?

Oh puh-lease, don't say that New7Wonders organization, that wonder list is not a an accurate representation of the world's wonders and is not of any real value, other than to lure tourists or something.

I don't get how a giant statue of a person who might not even have existed can be considered a world wonder. Besides, there are modern structures that are far more better architectural wonders, such as Museum of Bilbao, or Guggenheim Museum.

Angkor Wat is a far more impressive wonder, as the largest religious building on Earth. And so are The Louve, the Forbidden City, the Potala Palace, the Taj Mahal, the Great Pyramids, the Sydney Opera House and the Sagrada Familia, along with many others.

Point is, you're understating Brazil as a nation and a "civilization" (whatever that even means in the context of this game), one of your key parameters to include other civs is their wonders.

Brazil has a wonder. Whether you're impressed by it or not is irrelevant. Your bias is irrelevant. Having seen most of the wonders you've mentioned, personally, Cristo Redentor is certainly among them. Now, that's my opinion. Which is equally irrelevant, really. You don't share it. Fine. But you can't walk around saying something as absurd as "Brazil has no wonders" when it does.

If you're not impressed by it, too bad, there's more than 100 million people that disagree with you.

The only civs that deserve to be in this game are the ones the people making it feel like putting in. If I designed a civ game, Rome would be the first civ I scrapped, and it has more "right" to be there than most of them. That's also false. "America" would be the first civ I scrapped. Then Rome.

Top Bottom