If the U.N is destroyed, all its passed resolutions remain in place.

Monkeyfinger

Deity
I don't know if this is a bug or an oversight or a ******ed feature that the developers need to realize was a big, big mistake. Whatever it is, it needs fixing. If I get strongarmed into a resolution I don't like, I should have the option of declaring war on the U.N builder, dropping a pair of ICBMs on the U.N city, moving a troop into it, razing it, and watching the resolution evaporate into thin air. But the last step doesn't work as it is.

The razing step should also give you serious diplo bonuses with everyone who voted no on the last U.N resolution.

It appears it's a ******ed feature, more than anything else.

Personally I think you should be able to defy resolutions at any time..... just like you can in real life. Like North Korea did...... for example. The nuclear non-proliferation treaty was signed a long time ago..... but Kim Jung Il didn't care..... he was willing to take the diplomatic and happiness penalties that came with his actions. Civ should be the same.

Hmm... I don't know.

You razed the building, but that still doesn't change the collective will of the world - and the agreements they've made.

For example, if the United State's White House was blown into oblivion... would the U.S. go into anarchy and abandon all past laws and resolutions? I don't think so.

Also, I've never tried it or come across it myself... but, if the U.N. "is" destroyed, can it be rebuilt again? I doubt it, since it's a wonder.

I think civs should be able to rebuild it, once it is destroyed. The only drawback should be that resolutions can't be made again until it's built once more.

If you think about it, wouldn't that also happen in real life? I doubt if an anti-west power aside from Russia and Red China disapproved of some approved resolution, and then proceeded to bomb and occupy New York City, it would result in the great powers of the world reversing their domestic policies.

I think the appropriate game response to nuking and razing the UN would be a declaration of war from all other nations because of this horrible atrocity. And possibly a revolt in your capital for murdering your own ambassador.

If you think about it, wouldn't that also happen in real life?

Sure, I don't think any nations would suddenly reverse their choices, but I think the matter goes slightly deeper.

Their implementation of the UN is gamey to the extreme. The way it's built by one civ, having a leader elected, the way the treaties are dealt with, are all incredibly unrealistic, and work nothing like the real UN.

If the game was trying to be realistic with the UN, then you'd have a whole page dedicated to it in the menus, with various options allowing you to do all sorts.

Seeing as we don't have this, and they chose to go for the unrealistic option.... isn't it fair for them to add a similarly unrealistic way of getting out of the treaties?

If the game was trying to be realistic with the UN ...

If the game was trying to be realistic with the UN then it would be a pointless wonder with very little real benefits who's resolutions anybody with any real influence could shoot down in a heartbeat and any nation could defy at will.

:p

If I get strongarmed into a resolution I don't like...
Just say Never! and start banging with your boot on the desk.

I think you should be able to refuse the un resolution but if you do then Hans Blix should pop up and say you must do it

"Or else we will be very, very angry with you… and we will write you a letter, telling you how angry we are."

If the game was trying to be realistic with the UN then it would be a pointless wonder with very little real benefits who's resolutions anybody with any real influence could shoot down in a heartbeat and any nation could defy at will.

:p

I second this notion. Let's put it up for vote in the general assembly.

LOL, I just razed Ghandi's capital Delhi with UN, Broadway etc... just because his 3rd city has 3 turns away from legendary. His fourth had 20k about(Epic speed), so I had free to complete my spaceship.

Ok, I didn't want to tell about it but I think that's fine, but there should be an option before razing that you can examine city first and then raze.

Top Bottom