If you are interested in PBEMs, you might find some more activity from this civ3 discord.

Nathiri

Commander
I dont participate in these PBEMs, but there are several in progress right now and I was asked to make a post here on CFC. There were even as many as 13 ongoing games playing almost every Conquest and some other mods like warhammer and QuickCiv.

https://discord.gg/HxeQ9nNuPf

Nathiri, would it be working, if the line Unknown in the steam Civ 3 Complete version´s labels text file would be added at the end of the labels text file and not in the middle between the lines PING and host ? I think when the new line would be added at the end of that file, there could be the possibility, that the steam version is no longer playing havoc with the C3C mods and scenarios.

Nathiri, would it be working, if the line Unknown in the steam Civ 3 Complete version´s labels text file would be added at the end of the labels text file and not in the middle between the lines PING and host ? I think when the new line would be added at the end of that file, there could be the possibility, that the steam version is no longer playing havoc with the C3C mods and scenarios.

If the Steam exe was changed to read it at the end, then yes. As of now, that would do nothing. Currently, the exe is coded to read it in that spot between PING and Host. It reads a line number.

Nathiri, thank you very much for the answer. So wouldn´t it be a good thing, if the coding of the steam exe would be changed to end all that trouble about the messed up labels texts of mods and scenarios ??

Nathiri, thank you very much for the answer. So wouldn´t it be a good thing, if the coding of the steam exe would be changed to end all that trouble about the messed up labels texts of mods and scenarios ??

To allow for more flexibility of course! I dont understand why they didnt do this as the default game is filled with flexibility. Like not searching for files if the file path is left blank. It defaults to original files. Like not needing a mod folder if it isnt there.

Top Bottom