If you could time travel

What would be the first thing you would do?

• Get rich

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Prevent various tragedies from happening

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Learn as much about the past as possible

Votes: 38 45.2%
  • Have sex with one of your own ancestors

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Go and live with the radioactive monkeys

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 30 35.7%

• Total voters
WHAT I WOULD DO:
Save Syracuse from Rome (saving Archimedes)

Turn Hendrix on his side on the day he died.

Invest a crapton of money in stocks in the early 20s, then go to the day before the Great Depression and sell it all off.

See how stuff is like from everywhere and everywhen.

Give Prescott Bushes father a condom.

Sell loads of nutmeg in Europe in the Middle Ages to get a crapton of money.

Assassinate Gavrilo Princip before July 1914 and/or give Franz Ferdinand a bullet-proof vest.

Help Hitler with painting so he gets distracted with Art School

Give JKF and Lincoln bullet-proof vests.

Play with radioactive moneys.

And some other important stuff.

they were both shot by bullets. ergo, they would be protected with bullet-PROOF vests.

OH, I would kill that saint guy, Paul, because then the world wouldn't be Christian, it would be pagan or something.

That´s Peter you would want to kill, and yes, it would be interesting to see what happens...

they were both shot by bullets. ergo, they would be protected with bullet-PROOF vests.

That´s Peter you would want to kill, and yes, it would be interesting to see what happens...

They were both shot in the head, thus, a VEST wouldn't help.

And Paul probably was the one who did more to spread Christianity what with his letters and such, Peter died like a year after Jesus anyway.

They were both shot in the head, thus, a VEST wouldn't help.

Wait, they were shot in the head? I didn´t know that. If so, then take the assassins out before the assassinations.

And Paul probably was the one who did more to spread Christianity what with his letters and such, Peter died like a year after Jesus anyway.

Peter (aparently) founded the Catholic Church!

You'd want to go after the big man Himself...wait, the Romans already tried that.

Or just go for him earlier in life, when he wasn´t as famous!

If I could travel in time, well I am but, if I could travel at a different speed I would go slower and go thousands of years into the future, travelling back in time is not as easy to achieve if possible at all. Seeming as you did not specify going back in time, I would choose to instead go forward in time, see what man-kind is doing in one thousand years, or ten thousand, or how about a million years in the future. What will become of man kind, certainly a more interesting thing to do than travel into history, as we already know what happend there for the most part. Although If I could also travell back in time, I would get rich obviously, I certainly wouldn't try to "avert tradgedies", perhaps from my time travelling in the future I will try to avoid say the world ending, but certainly not change any past event for what would be the point. Unless I get mega-rich out of it.

After killing Paul, Peter and whoever that other guy is, I'd do this. Remember how Lot's wife looked back and turned into salt? Well, I'm going to go back in time and collect her in a really big bag. Then I'm going to go to Timbuktu in the 1400s and trade her for some really sexy Maliese jewelry. I would then come back to present times and make a fashion statement.

OH, I would kill that saint guy, Paul, because then the world wouldn't be Christian, it would be pagan or something.

Despite its negative effects (of which there were many) Christian monotheism prevented the prolonging of the Dark Age and helped to maintain "scientific", knowledge through it. It'd be hard to imagine the butterfly effect that would have, but it would be massive. The Grand Caliphate of Mecca and Europa comes to mind. :eek:

I wonder if anyone's done a book on the matter. (hint hint)

Despite its negative effects (of which there were many) Christian monotheism prevented the prolonging of the Dark Age and helped to maintain "scientific", knowledge through it. It'd be hard to imagine the butterfly effect that would have, but it would be massive. The Grand Caliphate of Mecca and Europa comes to mind. :eek:

I wonder if anyone's done a book on the matter. (hint hint)

I'm pretty sure that's what the Umayyad's and Al-Andalus did, not Europe.

Have sex with one of your own ancestors? That's sick... I like it.

Have sex with one of your own ancestors? That's sick... I like it.

No, it's just sick.

Actually, if you go back far enough, say 6 to 8 generations, any one of your ancestors is so genetically removed from you that it probably wouldn't count legally or scientifically as incest. Your parent has only half your DNA, so it's a hair closer on the ol' incestometer than nepophilia. Your grandparent has 1/4th your dna, so it's genetically comparable to getting busy with a first cousin. Great grandparent has 1/8th your DNA, which is like hooking up with a second cousin. At some point, it's just not going to increase your odds of producing abnormal offspring.

But that said, it's still wrong.

I'm pretty sure that's what the Umayyad's and Al-Andalus did, not Europe.

There was hardly any technology-fostering dialogue between east and west.

Top Bottom