If you don't found any religion...

I don't like that the game makes it possible to not be able to compete for a victory condition. I think adding in the Religious Victory condition is fine, but also think that every civilization should be able to found a religion if that's the case.

I don't like that the game makes it possible to not be able to compete for a victory condition. I think adding in the Religious Victory condition is fine, but also think that every civilization should be able to found a religion if that's the case.

This, gating people out of a potential victory condition is the wrong idea. There's already a balancing mechanic for additional religions, the fact you lose access to better beliefs the later you go for one, and that someone can effectively wipe yours out.

Alternatively, I'd like the option to adopt another civs religion as my own (if I can't get one) and that original civ has been wiped out, and essentially carry the torch of that victory as my own. If that makes sense

Last edited:
It makes sense to me if you just captured the Holy City of that Religion, you could have the option of adopting it. I think it would be more straightforward if every civilization were able to found a religion.

Unless I'm going for a RV I just get a pantheon and don't worry about religion after that

I used to get a pantheon but realised that unless I was isolated I soon got converted.

I have not looked into it further but have not been bothering with the +1 gold +1 RP card as my pantheon does not last long.

Has anayone analysed if the value of the pantheon outweighs the +1 prod in each city for 25 turns?

I used to get a pantheon but realised that unless I was isolated I soon got converted.

I have not looked into it further but have not been bothering with the +1 gold +1 RP card as my pantheon does not last long.

Has anayone analysed if the value of the pantheon outweighs the +1 prod in each city for 25 turns?

I go for the god of the forge belief (+25% Production toward Ancient and Classical military Units) so I would say yes. It would be depend on what you pantheon you get though.
I focus on population growth at that point, but if you are up to your ears in barbarians priorities can quickly change. My first worked tile is always the one with the most food.

At deity does anyone know what pantheons tend to go first? Do different leaders prioritise different pantheons?
If you focus culture early on (i.e. early monument) would also be a factor as your starting city would probably have lower production at the point you choose the policy.

The faith from wonders seems to go early

I think your pantheon can't be overwritten by a religion. That is, even if another player converts you, you still benefit from your pantheon.

I remember retaining culture and production from pantheons even after I converted my cities to a religion of a wiped out civ.

That is what I thought too. Your pantheon will always stay with you. So it is a pretty important decision

Top Bottom