If You Had An Autistic Child....

GuitarHero

Caligula II
In the light of an Autistic girl being killed by her parent, I ask what you would think if you had an Autistic child.

Personally, I'd freak out. I'd be suprised if I ever even got to first base, no less if I actually was sexually sucessful enough to have a kid.:(

lol
i guess id love her like i would any other child, but i would try and get it another chance and hopefully get a normal child.

Speaking as someone who is statistically likely to have an autistic child, having aspergers myself... I'm not really sure. I'd know that I would love her, and would absolutely want to put my best effort to try to get her to fit in life - including the best special ed possible - but still, I think that, in the end, I would feel sorta scared.

I really don't know how I would feel. I think I would have to wait until it would actually happen.

I honestly don't know what I'd do. I don't know that I could truly be able to care for a normal child let alone one that needs constant supervision. raising a mentally handicapped child is something I could only see a saint doing.

If I knew it would be autistic before it was born...I'd probably try to abort it. If I found out after birth.....well crap I'd probably freak out and bail. Crappy thing to do, but it's better then murder.

Yes, autistic people annoy me and freak me out at the same time. Feel free to call me a soulless bastard.

Yes, autistic people annoy me and freak me out at the same time. Feel free to call me a soulless bastard.
You're not soulless. You're just a chicken.

If I knew it would be autistic before it was born...I'd probably try to abort it. If I found out after birth.....well crap I'd probably freak out and bail. Crappy thing to do, but it's better then murder.

Same here :undecide:

if they had aspergers they would be insufferable self centered nerds. if they had autism then it wouldnt be their problem.

if they had aspergers they would be insufferable self centered nerds. if they had autism then it wouldnt be their problem.

Well, the former wouldn't be a disadvantage in this forum, since it'll be just like father like son.

Unfortunately, ditto for me. :-/

i'd be like "i dont care what you think son of a . .. .. .. .. ., listen to me mother . .. .. .. .er!" and then id beat him with a belt.

That both 1) won't work and 2) will get you sent to jail for child abuse.

I'd treat the child with respect. I hope to go into the field of Special Ed myself. Helping children with such disabilities is very rewarding, and I wouldn't be any less joyful at the birth of my child if he/she had autism.

There are so many autistic children now.

Why such a influx of them?

We better figure out quick.

Actually i guess you could say the same with cancer.

Increased awareness for one. After all, the diagnosis of autism is relatively new in itself.

Maybe we aren't seeing an influx of autistic children as much as we're just now discovering how these children are different from their neighbors.

There are so many autistic children now.

We better figure out quick.

Actually i guess you could say the same with cancer.

Because Americans are pumping out babies like its the 60s right now. Sorry I mean Mexicans in America are pumping out babies like its the 60s right now.

Top Bottom