1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

If you were to create civ4 col soundtrack, which tracks would you place in it?

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - General Discussions' started by albucc, Aug 16, 2018.

1. albucc

albucc Chieftain

Hi, everyone....

I'm playing civ4col with a Deezer soundtrack over it. I would like your suggestions of which tracks / songs would be in it...

From my part, I'm placing Vangelis 1492, Conquest of Paradise , Some Brazilian viola players, such as Almir Sater, The Last of the Mohicans soundtrack... "Sacred Spirit" ... "Cholos Andinos" for some andes folk songs.... Some banjo players...

Marla_Singer likes this.
  2. Marla_Singer

Marla_Singer United in diversity

Following your movie soundtrack examples, here would be some random suggestions.

albucc likes this.
  3. albucc

albucc Chieftain

Well, since I've started, I ended up playing my "Diversas" playlist, that is quite diverse... But right now I'm hearing "Vangelis" - "Voices" that is a surprise, and have all to do ... well... of course everything is a matter of personal taste. @Marla_Singer , I've liked all your suggestions, and already added to my playlist... :)

Marla_Singer likes this.
  4. Marla_Singer

Nice! Well then, here are some more. :)

As a sidenote, that music comes from the great cartoon series "The Mysterious Cities of Gold" I enjoyed a lot in my childhood.

albucc likes this.
  5. albucc

albucc Chieftain

This Alina Gingertail girl is amazing! Pity she is only on youtube and soundcloud... Can't add to the playlist :undecide:

I've never watched the Misterious cities of gold series... Didn't care much about the music as well... But the Amistad soundtrack is already at my playlist... Found the Hans Zimmer music in the Behind the Red Lines soundtrack. Added as well.

6. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

"Promontory" from Last of the Mohicans

Marla_Singer likes this.
  7. Marla_Singer

I just noticed that the "Hornpipe" traditional tune which appeared in the 1994 original Colonization game actually appears as well in the Pirates of the Caribbeans soundtrack.

That's the music in the game introduction, when we see the European port with the boat packing for the New World.

Link to video.

Link to video.

Sommerswerd likes this.
  8. dalgo

dalgo Chieftain

Well spotted!

I do remember listening to that tune every time I started a new game of Col.