If your nation would cease to exist...

Part_Time_Civer

Warlord
...and you were forced to choose a nation of which you'd become a citizen, which one would you choose?

Me, I am Dutch, I would choose to become a German. Simply because I like Germans and I always feel at home in Germany.

How about you? Where do you come from, which nation would you choose, and why?

I'm an American. I'd probably just become a Canadian since it's close to the same thing. If I couldn't go to Canada than I suppose I would choose the UK.

I'm from the U.S., and I'd go to Germany as well. My great-grandfather came from there after serving in the Kaiser's military during World War I. For that and who knows what other reasons, I've always loved Germany.

The Netherlands. Though I have never been there, I hear it's nice :mischief:

Britain would be cool, too. Not that I would live there, I would just hold the citizenship papers.
I must admit, Britain would be kind of interesting. I've always wondered what genuine English muffins tasted like. :mischief:

USA or Australia. English speaking, relatively culturally similiar and a much more favourable climate.

From Norway. Would go to Iceland, and then we would go Berserkergang against whatever force of nature or foreign power that caused Norway to cease to exist.

I'd backpack around France, taking in all the castles and churches and so on, before considering settling in Seattle, Washington, where there's a similar climate to the UK, the capital of geekdom and the home of Paizo Publishing. I'd would miss British politics and TV though.

Well, it would have to be a place that speaks English or Spanish, so probably the UK or Spain.

Arakhor, move to Minnesota! We are like Seattle, but with less rain and actual weather. (Just don't move to Duluth unless you like seeing several inches of sea-ice on everything and spending the entire winter indoors.)

I am a Czech and I always loved visits in U.K., in Asia I would probably pick Bali or Japan, in Americas Canada I guess and of course New Zealand.

I'd backpack around France, taking in all the castles and churches and so on, before considering settling in Seattle, Washington, where there's a similar climate to the UK, the capital of geekdom and the home of Paizo Publishing. I'd would miss British politics and TV though.

You like rain? :D

I would go to Eire

I must admit, Britain would be kind of interesting. I've always wondered what genuine English muffins tasted like. :mischief:

You already know, because English muffins were invented in America (by an Englishman, hence the name). The English muffins we have here are genuine :p.

It would have to be Canada, England, or Australia for me, I don't speak any other language except English so getting along in most other countries would be tough.

If you move to Britian, move there for the fish and chips along with bread pudding. Two of the best foods I have ever had.

Top Bottom