Iggy the Idiot - Prince /Monarch training

Yes, population affects bulb size.

I think you may go ahead and play your set.

OK, my turnset is complete.

The play-by-play
Spoiler :

(T0/T173/1130AD)
whipped a galley and lighthouse up north; set Rome to market for happiness
True-building Parthenon in Marblefur
IBT
Paper researched, Edu next; Taoism founded somewhere

(T1/T174)
Bombard and gather at Constantinople
Capitol producing UoS
Units moving towards Toku
Slider at 0%(74gpt) towards Edu
IBT
AP (Hindu) built faraway
Justi apopts Theocracy

(T2/T175)
Nara producing NE for faigold
Spy successfully revolted Constantinople
Captured Const. (Stonehenge, Buddhist Shrine, 195 gold); lost 4 cats
Justi won't give up his island city; so on to Nicomedia!
IBT
Colossus built somewhere
Peace deal expires with Toku

(T3/T176)
Settled BaHammer on northern coast
IBT-zzz

(T4/T177)
moving on Nicea
IBT-zzz

(T5/T178)
Justi just won't give up the island city; captured Nicomedia, 90 gold, 7 workers; lost a cat
Advancing on Toku
IBT-our GScientist born; Another GScientist born somewhere. Justi converts to Confu.

(T6/T179)
Bulb into Edu, 100% slider Edu in 1 turn.
Peace made with Justi for Meditation, Drama, Feudalism, Metal Casting, world map (nothing new on map)
2pop rushwhip on Parthenon
IBT-zzz

(T7/T180)
Got Parthenon
Edu complete; 100% slider for Philo
IBT-zzz

(T8/T181)
Slider to 0%
DoW vs Toku
IBT-zzz

(T9/T182)
lost some low odds counterattacks by Toku outside Satsuma while advancing
IBT-Notre Dame built somewhere

(T10/T183)
army at Satsuma; building lots of forges
IBT-Got UofS; GG born far away; Philo completed, Machinery next

(T11/T184/1240AD)
Satsuma bombarded down and ready to be attacked
Settled new city Farmerville
Some whip overflow coming into AngorWat in RiceBanana

Significant Events
Justi down to his last island city, which he just couldn't part with. Will be a minor headache capturing but we have galleys/trireme cover en route and only a single sword in city now, on flat terrain.

The AP has been built, Hindu

We teched Edu(1 GS bulb) & Philo. Got Drama, MC, Feud, and Meditation from peace deal with Justi. Currently researching Machinery at 0%.

We did get the Parthenon and the UnivofSankore

Notes for next player
1. Do NOT complete the National Epic in Goldenclam. We want the NE in our capitol once forge finishes. We will have two cities worth of failgold when the NE is completed btw. I'm thinking it'll be about 400ish gold in our coffers which will come in handy if we need an emergency slider boost, i.e. a Lib race scare. We are still flying blind unfortunately regarding the Lib race.

2. Not sure if we have a Confucian monastery anywhere; we may want to build one but not a big priority.

3. Moai can be built somewhere still (we have no failgold invested anywhere I don't believe). Also Shweggy can be built.

4. Our illustrious army is assembled at Satsuma. Or most of it is, it's actually probably overkill. But it should work out about right as you'll have 4 turns of peace left with Justi when you begin and it'll take time to maneuver our navy down there. Of our 5 galleys only 3 are remotely in position/heading towards Justi's last city; we have 2 triremes near Toku with another in production. We do have a spy in Satsuma but is doubtful whether he'll be able to do anything useful before Toku exits stage left; just a heads up.

5. There is an annoying barb galley (of course) hovering off our NE, not yet settled, coast. Our two galleys nearby have been playing cat n mouse with him.

6. Justi has two triremes and a galley puttering around on our southern coast.

@all--Are we trying to get Astronomy from Lib?
@all--Instead of teching Mach>Optics immediately after finishing Education I teched Philo instead (Taoism was founded early in my turnset). Not sure if this was best but it's done.
@Clive--seeing as this is your game, I thought it only fitting that you should administer the coup de grace to Toku :king:
See post# 467 for save modified per Htadus' request.

Who is next up? I think we should do astronomy and part bulb or liberalism and get astronomy.

If Sir Clive doesn't turn up in the next 24 hours and let us know when he's going to play I think we should skip him because the game is very close to stalling completely imo.

Looking through its been Sir Clive, me, (TSID), Htadus, Shiviv. In Sir Clive's ongoing absence it looks like me! :eek:.

So got it.

Start NE in capital. Build forges/wealth. Polish off Toku. Move boats.

Machinery>optics means next GS (in 10 turns) bulbs PP before astronomy.

Then let us use liberalism. We want to get there and conquer more, sooner.

Played a few turns up to 1310ad.

1250 Japan destroyed.
1260 GG bidl :D.
1270. Machinery>optics.
1280. Spaya bidl.
1290 Optics>lib.
1300. NE in capital. 450 failgold.
1310. Byzantium destroyed.

Eastern galley exploring island(s), naff so far. Caravels started exploring. Stalin is just west of Trezibond. Primitive except for engineering.

Lib due in 3.

We get a GS next turn. Could bulb PP or build an academy or (my preference) launch a Golden Age.

Attachments

• Clive AD-1310.CivBeyondSwordSave
    222 KB · Views: 264
I see I'm next.

Plan.
Give some gold to Stalin and see if he is willing to give us engineering.
Get Astronomy.
Build boats and prepare an invasion of Russia.
Elephants are not great vs pikemen but if we can get engineering we will have trebs and might not need anything else to finish the game.

I was going to play a few more turns but I'm also happy for Folket to take over.

Use GS for GA.

Lib>astro, nationalism>Taj, eng (if not available in trade).

There's a couple more AIs to find which may change tech decisions.

If we're running a Gage do we want to run caste/pac for a few turns?

Trebs may indeed be enough. Maces to counter pikes.

Where's our leader?

Sorry, your post did not inform me that you were not finished. Go ahead and play a few more turns. Remember to get Stalin to Pleased before it gets more expensive. (i.e. give him gold now. )

Folket: I'm sorry, you're right. my post didn't say I wasn't finished :blush:.

Played 6 more turns....

1320. GS launches 12 turn GA. Adopt HR, caste, pac. Open borders with Stalin, gift him aesthetics, he's pleased, engineering still red: "don't want to give away engineering just yet, maybe after I've built Notre Dame".

1340. Lib (Astro). Start nationalism. Meet Pacal, he's Hindu and annoyed with us. He's also at war with Stalin. Trade cow and rice to Pacal for pigs and wine. Trade dye and cow to Stalin for spices and 6gpt.

1350. Meet Mehmed, he vassalises to Pacal. He's also Hindu, annoyed and at war with Stalin. Sell him cow for 3gpt. Tokyo starts Moia. GS in capital.

1370. Refuse to join Stalin's war. Nat>eng (2 turns). Start Taj in Moscow.

We get GM/GE in Kyoto in 3. GA finishes in 7 turns, Taj completes in 8. Upgraded a few galleys, built a few galleons, just started ferrying troops to Trezibond. Caravels are still exploring, no circumnavigation yet.

The AIs are a bit behind and with our multiple Golden Ages and huge empire they'll fall further behind pretty soon.

Can't get screenshots to work for some reason.

PS I really have finished this time.

Attachments

• Clive AD-1370.CivBeyondSwordSave
    231.9 KB · Views: 218
Looking at the save I no longer support the engineering path. We can get Cuirassiers quickly and whip out enough to get us to a domination victory very fast.

Cuirs loook good (ellies upgrade to cuirs iirc).

Top Bottom