1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

IGN: DS screens, Wii version postponed indefinitely

Discussion in 'CivRev - General Discussions' started by Mrop, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Mrop

Mrop Chieftain

2. warpstorm

warpstorm Yumbo? Yumbo!

That is most likely the case. Firaxis is not a large studio.

3. 2K Elizabeth

2K Elizabeth <span style="font-weight:bold; text-decoration: un

jason explained this decision pretty eloquently on the 2K Forums, so i'll just quote him here:

"Unlike many other Wii versions of games, the plan for CivRev Wii was to do it in-house at Firaxis, just like the DS, 360 and PS3 versions of the game. Unfortunately we came to the conclusion that Firaxis didn't have the manpower to do four versions of the game simultaneously and we didn't want the quality loss that comes from licensing out a port, so it was put on hold.

That doesn't mean we won't revisit it in the future, just that right now, CivRev for Wii is on indefinite hiatus.

I know you were looking forward to the Wii version, and I'm sorry, but we'd rather not do it than do it and have it not stand up to the other versions of the game (or worse, have all four versions be lower quality because of it)."

4. Mrop

Mrop Chieftain

Turns out I need to read the frontpage more often though. :S

5. King.Bahamot

King.Bahamot Chieftain

haha, thats awsome :p To bad they didnt do it for psp instead :)

6. TyranusBonehead

TyranusBonehead Bound & Determined

I agree that PSP would've been a better handheld platform than the DS, but DS has the market, as far as I can see

7. King.Bahamot

King.Bahamot Chieftain

yea, they do have the market. And some things like pointer which probly works nice with strategy games :)

8. XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe Chieftain

With 2 screens, especially with one being a touch screen, makes the DS a much better platform for the game than the PSP. Now, the only reason I bought a DS was so I could have it to play Civ Rev, but I would still feel the same if Civ Rev was coming out for the PSP instead, but I'd own a PSP right now :D