Ignore function that actually works...

Abaddon

Deity
Is there no way people on my list could actually be properly ignored?

I mean simply constricting the post does nothing.. you know its there and curiosity gets the better of you.

Why doesnt the ignore function hide the user completely?

The power of Self Control and Self Discipline to not look at the post is the key.

Good question. I second that. I would love to ignore just everything the ignored user posts. :)

Edit: Crosspost with CG? Why do I always crosspost with someone?! :shake: Why does it happen always? :)

If curiosity gets the better of you maybe you shouldn't be ignoring in the first place. :p

Yes, please give us the ability to completely hide people who just can't keep their politics rants in the offtopic forum. :cringe:

...And those evil C&C bumper/spammers which do not post anything except "Good job on your <insert title name>".

I am against this, because the continuity of the threads would be ruined, and various posts would be missing. The discrepancy in post numbers and totals in threads would be horrendous depending on the person who would be banned. I'm fine with a simple minimization of their posts.

There won't be any discrepency... Just that its hidden from view.

And if you are going to ignore a user, the continuity of the thread is going to be ruined anyways.

How much fiddling around with the site software do you think this would take? :mischief:

I am against this, because the continuity of the threads would be ruined, and various posts would be missing. The discrepancy in post numbers and totals in threads would be horrendous depending on the person who would be banned. I'm fine with a simple minimization of their posts.
The point of the ignore function is to ignore them. If you want to see every post in perfect order with each quote organized properly, go stack decks of cards or something. They want everything gone, because they want nothing to do with the posts.

Well i dont want to even see the threads from such people being that they are usually total drivel...

Top Bottom