1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

IL2 Shturmovik

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by nautil, Mar 6, 2006.

1. nautil

nautil Chieftain

Hi guys !
    Here is my next new model - IL2 Shturmovik , Soviet ground attack aircraft of WWII period, so it can be used ingame as a strike-fighter,capable to destroy totally land and navy units. This link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilyushin_Il-2 will provide you more information about this plane in case u want to intagarate it into your mod.
    How i want to slow down a little with modeling and try to attach animations to the new units.
    Here come screen, NIFs and DDS's and simple button ( zip file contains the button in DDS format too)

Update finally i succeeded ( so i hope) to attach animations to the model.
    Many thanks to Rabbit,White for his great guide -http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=161099 . It took me almost all night to figure out how to use this rotational matrices ! But it was worth the effort, here my first "animated" model. It has rotating propeller, sounds of the original fighter. The only thing that i haven't tested yet is wether it has gunfire animation and sounds then it intercepts enemies aircrafts.

Attached Files:

2. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

Wow. You did an awesome job with this model/texture. Not only that, it's a great choice of plane to make. It's also nice to have the icon to go with it! Keep up the good work!

-Smitty

3. sharick

sharick Chieftain

4. Robo Magic Man

Robo Magic Man Chieftain

Awesome model! The button looks great, too :goodjob:

5. FinnTitan

FinnTitan Chieftain

That model is just fantastic! With all these new WW2 units I don't have life anymore :)

6. IVZanIV

IVZanIV Chieftain

Hehe, this is becoming a UU for me. Thanks.

7. Paasky

Paasky Good News Everyone!

Beautiful! Just like it should be. Could you do the orig (1941) version too? Simply removing the rear-gunner would be enough.

Love the huge red stars :)

8. Awesome job nautil! :goodjob:

9. Laurencius

Laurencius Just a tourist.

I gave this unit to the Russians as a ground attack plane in a personal mod of mine. The unit looks fantastic in game. Professional quality job. :goodjob:

10. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

11. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Chieftain

Personally, I never understood the stigma against posting in a very old thread. If somebody has a legitimate question or is especially thankful, why are people against that? Is there a practical reason that I am missing?

12. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

No... actually I don't care... I just find the subject of zombie posts funny.

As for the reason why zombie posts are so-called and sometimes unwanted... well, you see a subject or thread you might mistake for new, only to click on it, and find you knew about that two years ago or something to that effect... like "Yeah, something new... aw, yuck, that's two years old".