Ilduce's IOT variant (Which needs a name) (development thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilduce349

(Financial, Philo)
This will be an attempt at combining Diplomacy and IOT with eventually more complicated rules (after 2 or 3 games).

Start
The game will start in 1901 (after the game diplomacy). At the start of the game, select 5 territories (as this is a smaller map) maximum of 3 can have a supply center (the circles).

Economy
This is simple, each supply center generates 1 credit and 1 supplies. You can then spend credits on certain aspects of the game:

Expansion
Expansion can happen in one of 2 ways:
1. Colonial expansion: Colonial expansion costs 1 credit if non sc, 2 credits if sc. This is regardless of whether the sc is on a different continent or not.
2. Militaristic: Militaristic expansion means you move an army (or navy it its a coastal territory) into a territory and take it with your armed forces. This is generally frowned upon as you are declaring war on the person who you are invading (if it is neutral territory, then your declaring war on that territory).

Military
Each unit requires 1 credit to build, and 1 credit and 1 supply center to maintain.
For rules on how military movements come see here:
http://www.webdiplomacy.net/intro.php
It gives you the basic rules of diplomacy, which is what the combat engine I am using. I suggest reading that over a summary of mine for 2 reasons:
1. Its 23 lines, takes 2-3 minutes to read
2. Its got nice pictures to help

Stability
Stability is divided into 2 factors: Economic Stability and Political Stability:

Economic Stability is a 1-100 that tells you how good your economy is, determined at random. If it is really high, it may end up giving you an extra credit or so.
I will use a random number generator to determine if it goes up or down each round. It starting location and rate of change is determine based on which economic principle you use. Please note, it costs 10 economic stability to change your form of economics:
Traditional (Caste): Start: 70 Change: -1 for every supply center you gained in the last 3 years.
Command (Communism): Start: 60 Change: maximum of +/-1 for every 3 supply centers you have, to a maximum growth of 3 and minimum decline of 6. (RNG to decide)
Market (Capitalism): Start: 50 maximum+/- 15 per year. (RNG used to decide)
Mixed (Regulated Capitalism) Start: 50 Change: Maximum +/-10 per year (RNG used to decide)

If your economy is below 40, its considered a rescission. If its below 20 its a depression. The economy modify's your overall income for the year.
If
95-100 then receive an additional 5 credits to your income for every 10 credits in your income (rounded to the nearest)
85-94 receive 4 for every 10
75-84 receive 3 for every 10
65-74 receive 2
55-64 receive 1
45-54 no change
35-44 loose 1
25-34 loose 2
15-24 loose 3
5-14 loose 4
1-5 loose 5 (Don't worry, based on how I am calculating the change, the lower the numbers the more likely it is to rise, so its impossible to go below 0 (except traditional))

The change in numbers represent GDP growth/decline for the year.

Investing into the economy
You can invest money into the economy, every 2 credits you invest, your GDP will rise by one for the year (but must stay within borders bounded by your economic policy).

Trade
You can buy and sell supply centers off people. You can also establish a trade route, with will raise your GDP by 1.

Saving money
Money accumulates. If you don't spend money one year, you can spend it the following year. However Traditionalists cannot save money. Also Supplies cannot be saved.

Political Stability
Determines how likely the country will collapse into civil war. Needs attention.

Roleplaying
This will mainly be a roleplaying game. Don't come to play just for the strategic output, you will be required to write at least one story (minum 3 lines) a week concerning the country/government etc. Also DO NOT powergame, powergamers will loose political stability points.

Turn order
Each week will represent 1 year in game and will have 3 turns. Spring, Fall and Winter (I would call it builds, but it is where the GDP growth/decline, trade, etc is used). Spring and fall will last 1 day. Winter will last 2. Between each turn will be a day that gives the GM a chance to update the game.

I think this covers everything. I will add the political stability once I have determined the exact rules. I will also add the map once I upload it.

Also can someone think of a good name for this, because I suck at thinking of good names.

Any changes/Additions people think are needed?

I'm sick of these individual development threads which only get, like, two pages. Post this in the IOT Development thread.

Can a mod close this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom