1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm in war and can't leave

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by SlySlySly, Apr 6, 2017.

1. SlySlySly

SlySlySly Warlord

I'm playing a modded game as Iceni. I'm using the greatest earth map. I conquered london. Victoria's friend, catherine declared war on my from across the strait. Neither of us have any way to get to the other side. I have the sailing techs so I can move my units. When I try to rush she kills them in the strait. She can't rush yet, but my archers can take care of her. Neither of us have a chance of pillaging. She refuses peace. Is there anyway to end the war?

Idk if mods are saved with it. So it might be useless to put it up here.

So I think I have it now. I'm doing ok.
    Updated save is here.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2017
  2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

You got across or you got out of war?

Two options as I see it are

1. Get a good navy, you can outsmart the AI every turn, its not that good at targetting.
    2. Denounce their worst enemy, send them a trade route and build up your military strength

3. SlySlySly

SlySlySly Warlord

I'm friends with rome, which is their worst enemy, declared I might add. My encampment for London is across the strait and I build walls. I have an archer in it. I am taking out her units with range, it's a decent strategy. I just got catapults so I should be ok, as well as crossbows. I am not safely across though. I can get units over but they are quickly killed. At least it's an improvement. The navy idea seems good, I''ll try it, it worked before when I sent a celtic warrior (swordsmen) around and it distracted them enough to get stuff across. Thanks.

4. usmcyes

usmcyes Chieftain

Apparently, time is a factor. No less than four civs. felt I was a warmonger and declared war on me. For ~20 turns, there was no peace option. Then I was given to option to ask for peace, and all four accepted with no penalty.

5. SlySlySly

SlySlySly Warlord

The war has been going on for many many many turns. In years over 100

6. Darth Tribble

Darth Tribble Friendly Neighborhood Conqueror

It'll end eventually. If you can't take her cities, try pillaging the countryside, especially pillage any strategic resources she has, and keep away from her cities if you can. If you have to, If you kill enough units, the AI will usually give in eventually.

7. SlySlySly

SlySlySly Warlord

Here's the problem. I already said that neither of us can safely cross the straight easily, we both have enough archers to kill all units in the straight.

8. Darth Tribble

Darth Tribble Friendly Neighborhood Conqueror

Crossing the strait isn't the only way to get to France, just the quickest. You could sail around to another part of the coast and disembark there, or you could try and get open borders with Spain or another neighboring civ and use their land to launch a surprise attack. Spain might not like you marching units through their territory though, even with open borders.

You could also go to the Mediterranean and land on France's southern coast. You can also set sail from other coasts aside from just the strait.