I'm missing Shadow Court

Anachon

Chieftain
i don't know if it's a bug or intended but i searched this forum and couldn't find an answer so i have to ask this

i've read a strategy guide about the svaltalfar which says i should switch to council of esus because of stuff like the shaodw unit, racketeering and so on
problem is: in my games (latest version, german, own game, pangea map) i cannot see the shadow court civic. neither in the civilopedia nor the overview where i should be able to change to it.

was shadow court removed or replaced in the final build? or is it a bug in my installed version? or maybe my strategy guide is old...:confused::confused::confused:

pls help
sry for bad english (if it's fine yay^^)
Anachon

nobody who can help? it would suffice if one of you could tell me if shadow court was removed or replaced. maybe it's a translation error in the german version.
or pls tell me the details about the civic. which category (work, economy,...) and which effects it has in detail. maybe i can find it with these infos :(

I would help you if I could, but I am using a way old version of Orbis and while the text for TXT_KEY_CIVIC_SHADOW_COURT exists, it is not used by any civic in the game.

Could you provide a link to the turtorial you fallowed?

yeah here http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?t=60299
it's a german civ forum but it also got a subforum for ffh2 and orbis, the thread i linked is a basic strategy guide for the svaltalfar (infos about the leaders, units, alazkhan etc)

the thread was last edited on 19. september 2009 when the poster added additional information for orbis (the //Orbis parts)

i'm refering to the part Warum Rat des Esus? - Why Council of Esus?
basicly it says that you should switch to CoE because of the racketeering promotion, the shadow units which are only available for the CoE religion and finally because of its' religious civic shadow court

in my version of the game the only thing that has nearly the same benefits like the shadow court mentioned in that thread (-50% upkeep for guilds, 25% more :gold: from citys, 50% more :espionage: and one :hammers: for enclaves and communals) are the guilds work civic or the mercantilism economy civic

so i'm thinking if maybe shadow court was not translated correctly into german OR if they removed it completely since a combination of the civics mentioned above would be overpowered

Top Bottom