I'm not a scientist man!

It may be his charisma or smarts (funny that you bring this up in the context of this thread), but he's not really the only one who that applies to (except, again, in the smarts aspect, see the subject of this topic).
The sad thing for Repubs... he is one of the only people in the GOP that fits the bill... it's a sorry looking ship right now.

You got him, Jindal, Christie... who else is there?
Look, 2 of the 3 are minorities, ironically.

Scientists are the priests of the Global Warming Faith.
You should run for political office in many parts of the US.

Science and politics should be separate.
Why is that? So religious arguments frequently used in American politics can't be tainted by logic and reason?

It's funny you should say that, because it seems it already is. There aren't very many politicians that base their reasoning on facts. Science is, indeed, something not known to the men wishing to lead their country.

Why do you want them separate? Don't you want policy decisions to be based on observation and sound analysis? I sure do. The alternative is something the Bush's were proud of: "We don't agree with the 'reality-based' community."

No thanks.

More science, please :yup:

Scientists are the priests of the Global Warming Faith.

Very accurate and very cool of You to say so ^^ I'm not a scientis man ! Certailny I have an inquisitive nature but scientist go to hell while righteous people go to heaven :mischief: thing convinces me the most not to be an scientist ! ;)

When the Bible is the infallible word of God on all subjects to millions of people, that's simply not going to happen for them.

Celtic, when those religious beliefs inform their politics, then people should care. You do live in an avowedly secular country, after all.

Lets see, if we always took science at it's word when some people have an idea, then we would still believe that the sun revolves around the earth and that blacks are inferior to whites. So often what is scientific fact one decade is scientific nonsense the next decade.

Lets see, if we always took science at it's word when some people have an idea, then we would still believe that the sun revolves around the earth and that blacks are inferior to whites. So often what is scientific fact one decade is scientific nonsense the next decade.
You don't have the first clue what science is. Please educate yourself and then return with a meaningful comment.

I'll be very interested in your progress, keep us updated! :)

Science changes, true, in the light of new discoveries. Unlike religion, ahem, which remains consistently nonsense.

You don't have the first clue what science is. Please educate yourself and then return with a meaningful comment.

I'll be very interested in your progress, keep us updated! :)

You had to have been a complete fool if you didn't believe in eugenics back in the day.

When the Bible is the infallible word of God on all subjects to millions of people, that's simply not going to happen for them.

Celtic, when those religious beliefs inform their politics, then people should care. You do live in an avowedly secular country, after all.

I don't care about the religious beliefs of politicians, I'd vote for a Muslim, Hindu, Agnostic, or Atheist if I agreed with his or her view on how the country should be run.

Science changes, true, in the light of new discoveries. Unlike religion, ahem, which remains consistently nonsense.

This is brilliant.

You had to have been a complete fool if you didn't believe in eugenics back in the day.
And since atheists are denounced as fools in your Bible, I guess we're the good guys in this story?

And I do mean story.
I don't care about the religious beliefs of politicians, I'd vote for a Muslim, Hindu, Agnostic, or Atheist if I agreed with his or her view on how the country should be run.
So, bickering aside, I take it you agree that what should be taught in the Biology class should be up to experts in the field of biology, not politicians.

Because ID is most certainly a religious concept. Politicians have no ground to force that into a scientific classroom.

Top Bottom