I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.

UnderKingDuck

Warlord
Hello. I recently installed the mod and have been having a blast, minus the part it took me a while to figure out how to install the newest version. Anyway, In my games the AI always seems to get three caravans early game, when I can only seem to get two at most. I have no idea if this is a bug or intentional. I am playing on King difficulty with the latest version.

Nothing should have changed in the quantity of trade routes (at least from 3.16 to 3.17). I don't remember this being an intentional change either.

Nothing should have changed in the quantity of trade routes (at least from 3.16 to 3.17). I don't remember this being an intentional change either.

yeah I tried different difficulty settings and the AI still gets 3. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe the ethical unit mod im using as something to do with it, but I highly doubt it. Though it making me not want to play on king cause the AI can get a huge boast in their gold income with 3 trade routes when I only have one in the early game. :/

There are a lot of interactions with other mods that can be unpredictable or break something. I will look to see if it does get some kind of bonus that escaped attention by hiding in a long-ignored directory somewhere though.

There are a lot of interactions with other mods that can be unpredictable or break something. I will look to see if it does get some kind of bonus that escaped attention by hiding in a long-ignored directory somewhere though.

I tried a game without the ethical unit mod...which i then used 12 other mods that add civilizations made by Tomatekh (Champa ftw) and the AI still has the bug from what I can tell.

Also might be worth asking if anyone can clarify . For the gladiators social policy from honor, when it says it gives a free Arena in every city for free does that mean maintenance free or just building it in every city for free? Cause I was under the impression it meant maintenance free too, but when I get them they are not maintenance free.

re: arena.

I think it works like the latter. It probably should work like the former. The broadness of changes that were done to 3.17 meant that I missed a lot of implementing certain things totally the way I intended them to. For the moment, they are still an advantage for an early tree for constructing arenas quickly and keeping conquest going (works in conquered cities too), but they should probably be free as well.

re. 'Free buildings'

There are some problems with the code that gives 'free buildings'.
The idea is to have them given to the player AND be maintenance free but some implementations don't appear to work. Some do.

This is a bug and has so far proved elusive.

Top Bottom