Im trying to make a World Wide Scenario

Necropolis

Warlord
yeah thats right people i want to make a Civ 2 scenario that covers the whole earth.

i know that the maximum number of cities on a map is only 250 something but i want more so inorder for me to get more i need more then one map.

this is my Concept. im going to have 2 maps of the world on the Western Hempsphere and another for the eastern Hemipsphere.

the border between the two maps is going to be near the Prime Merdian but off slightly to the east so that all of The united kingdom and most of france will be in the western hemispere i cant have the Diveder going down London. i only want one London on the map so i decided to put the border of the two world maps on the 8th Merdian.

i only found Two maps that i can use to help me on this adventure the names of the two maps are as follows all of the world is on these maps except a large portion of South America and Africa casue Western cuts these continents off near the Eqautor. but all of Australia is on Pacific and is shown very Nicely

Western.mp
Pacific.mp

i like Western.mp cause it has a really big Arabia.

Pacific.mp has a very Small coastal china but i intend to inlarge it by putting more of Siberia off the north boundary of the map.

the reason why i need two maps that adjoin each other so bad is so i get no land that over laps and also to try to simulate a earth that will have 8 billion people.

my 2 map earth ,will use two mod packs for two time eras. the first time Era is 1700 to 1950 this will use the 1884 mod pack 1950 to 2200 will use the Call to power mod pack casue its got nice futuristic stuff that i like. only diffrence is ill probably get rid of some wonder i dont need in the 1884 modpack and replace it with the Edisons Labratory wonder which is to be built in the Newyork city - Philidelpha region city.

heres a up date i just finished ploting out the coast of North America only Hudson Bay is Missing.after the coast of noth america its, one Continet down 5 more to go. i sould probably do Australia and Indonesia next i had to get information from Western.mp and Pacific.mp

Baffin Island and the Artic islands of Canada are too far north on the map and wont be on my map. of the western Hemisphere.

im still looking for a map Compatible with Western.mp that shows whats south of the equator there i cant seem to find one any where but its my guess that Imperialism 1870 Giga Map should suffice it. but for me to cheak that out i have to load Imperialism Giga Map into Test of time game becasue i can check it out using Civilization 2 cause its too big and wont work. so eventually ill be awsome.

ok i downloaded Giga map and im looking at it now it DOS NOT WORK FOR civ2 classic. But i have test of time so im looking at it on that. i loaded Giga Map up its 254 by 230 Squares big for a world size of 58,420 Squares.

my idea of Making two Regular sized maps for the earth would only have been about 20,000 squares cuase it was 250 by 80 then i thought about making 4 maps of 125 by 80 to see if that would be enough but still only makes the world 40,000 squares. im looking at Giga map and i have found that even though it shows the continent of Antartica in its entirety i could make the north and south bigger cause Europe is not big enough to show France and Germany big enough.

also Roman Civilization has many named citys near rome on the map that cant be put on the map. there are as follows

Veii
Antium
Cumae
Neapolis
Pompeii

and Persian civilization iv noticed that Persepolis goes on square 155,75 and that Pasagardae goes on 156,74 but Because you cant put cities right next to each other you have put Persepolis cause its the capital then not worry about other cites find another major city that can be put on the map.

but so far i found that roman civilization is the most urbanized so Rome territory needs to grow really big to acount for all the suburbs in its megolopolis

so if 230 squares north and south is not enough then perhaps there must be a way to make something bigger but i was certain that 40,000 squares was going to be bigger than the 30 something thouand i thought Giga Earth was going to be.maybe divieding the world into 6 Parts would do it if each part was 125 by 80. then there would be 60,000 squares and could hold over 1500 city territorys.

i difinatly think that 3 maps going north and south would be enough cause thats 240 squares and Giga Earth is only 230 squares north and south so where to put the aditional 10 latitude squares is easy for me to decide. but before i do the 6 map project im going to keep working on the 2 map project so i can get more familier with all the new terrtores ill have.

i dont know how to up load stuff i have two custom made Scenarios already and the maps of the earth are custom and iv filled the Maps up to the max with 252 territorys on both but the scenarios are both basically the same but not cause the coastlines are diffrent.

id like to up load them so you people can play them while i keep working on super Giga earth project

these are my two scenarios

1700jon.scn
1884jon.scn

there was also a 2003jon.scn but my computer crashed and it got erashed i had the population of USA and allies at more than 500,000,000 people and the earth had 4,5 billion total.

today i download all the maps i felt i can use to help me make Super big world they are as follows there 9 of them

AFRICA3.mp
ATLANTIC.mp
AUSSIE.mp
Canada.mp
CARIBE.mp
INDIA.mp
samap.mp
se-asia.mp
usa.mp

so teach me how to upload scenarios so you can enjoy the fruits of my labor i worked on then for the past 6 years since 2002 when i was making the scenario titled 2003jon.scn it was actually still 2002 in real life and i was predicting a Iraq war and i was having the USA atackt IRAQ and Iraq has two territoys North Iraq and South Iraq so it was some serius planing on my part to be thinking of a future war but like i said 2003jon.scn got erashed when me computer crashed a 2 years ago.

these are the Civilizations
Russians................Russians
Asians...................Asians
French/portugal......French/portugal
Germany/allies........Germany/allies
Neutral Europe........USA and allies..(includes neutral Europe)
British Empire..........Common weath of nations
Neutral nations.......Neutral Nations

these were the 2003 civilizations all the same except Arabs replace the germans and allies

CIS
MFS
EUR
USA/Allies
Arabs
COM
NNC

ok well with the downloading of the 9 maps this Afternoon i think i have enough data to extrapolate a world thats 3 by 3 maps big all 125 x80 and this is for a grand Total of 90,000 Squares.

all i need to do is go to the store and buy some Crayola Colored Markers and two or three note pads to draw all the maps plus a extra roll od Scotch tape just in case i run out. then get how color in what i got so far of the North America i made then plot out all of this on the Terrain editor square by Square its going to take me another 6 years to build the world and 6 years on top of that to fully colonize every single of thos 90,000 squares my old maps of the earth was just one Map that i would modify as my idea of how big cites could get for instance in the old days in 2004 i knew that a population of 2 million people was the minimium population i was able to reach not changing the rules file on how much food gets produced from squares it was not till some time later that i found that food prodcution can be altered for many years i was afraid to see what 9 would do if i put it to that it was set at 6 for a long time but 2 for grasslands was not realistic. also i made Oceans as productive as grass lands casue in real life they are.

the size of the world was 150 by 120 it has 18,000 squares every single square has been claimed and conquered all of them even the oceans.

This is in Order of Founding forgive there not all having singular cheif city Nucleus's so i named then after the territory

the lower the number the older the city higher numbers indicate increasing activity in Territory creations and thus newer cities and territorys

1700jon Scenario

1....N.W.Italy
2....Kamerun Ter
3....Houston
4....Estern.Australia
5....Paraguay Ter
6....Fortaleza
7....Venazuala
8....New Orleans
9....Ufa
10..Chengtu
11..S.Bangladesh
12..Bolivia Ter
13..Peru Ter
14..New Delhi
15..Los Angeles
16..San Diego
17..Frankfurt
18..Thrang
19..Rostov
20..Saratov
21..Diu
22..Islamabad
23..Goa
24..Nagpur
25..Calcutta
26..Panama Ter
27..Canton Ter
28..Dallas
29..Virginia Ter
30..Hanoi
31..N.Spice Islands
32..New Zealand
33..Venice
34..Berlin
35..S.Germany Terr
36..AustoHungary
37..MaryLand Ter
38..Agra
39..Mandalay
40..Monteray
41..Mexico City
42..N.W.States
43..San Francisco
44..Georgia-Florida
45..Ntn. Quebec
46..Oaxaca
47..Yucatan Terr
48..Lanchow
49..N.Malay Terr
50..Neth. Antilles
51..Cuba Terr
52..The Apa's Ter
53..Nashvile
54..Suriname
55..Saigon
56..Bangkok
57..Archangel
58..The Dakota's
59..Labrador Ter
60..Rangoon
61..Belem
62..N.Mart.Prvs Ter
63..S.Spice Islands
64..Santiago
65..Buenos Aires
66..N.WsrnN.America
67..Sao Paulo
68..Wisconsin
69..Illinois Terr
70..Tete City
71..TransJordan Ter
72..Chrimea-Kherson
73..Manasas
74..Guyana Ter
75..Columbia Ter
76..Equador Ter
77..New England
78..Michigan Ter
79..Rio De JAnerio
80..Brasilia
81..Stn.Quebec
82..Netherlands Ter
83..Recife
84..Wstrn.Aust.Ter
85..Winnepeg
86..Manilla
87..Sabah Ter
88..S.W.Borneo Ter
89..Sarawak Terr
90..Cebu
91..S.E.Borneo
92..S.Malay Terr
93..Davao
94..Komi-Nanents
95..Shanghai
96..Fukien Terr
97..N.Sweden Ter
98..S.Sweden Ter
99..Denma-N.Germany
100.N.Finland Ter
101.Karelia Ter
102.St.Petersburg
103.Buffalo
104.Saskatoon
105.Regina
106.S.Finland Ter
107.Baltic Sts.Terr
108.N.Poland
109.S.Poland
110.E.Balkans ters
111.W.Balkans ters
112.Urkutsk
113.Yokohama
114.Norway Ter
115.Indiana Ter
116.St.Louis
117.Churchill
118.Western Ontario
119.Eastern Ontario
120.Wyomin-Colorado
121.Minnesota Terr
122.Iowa Terr
123.Kansas City
124.Oklahoma Ter
125.Hunan Ter
126.Central Siberia
127.Perm Terr
128.Smolensk
129.Moscow
130.Osaka
131.Nagasaki
132.Kazan
133.S.Iran Ter
134.Djkarta
135.Bandung
136.Surabaya
137.Loas Terr
138.Cambodia Ter
139.Da Nang
140.S.Mart.Prvs Ter
141.New York
142.Albany
143.Acadia Ters
144.Br.W.Indies Ter
145.Afganistan Ter
146.The Baja Ters
147.Ariz-New Mexico
148.Nevada-Utah
149.Sp.Neth.Terr
150.S.Balkans Ters
151.IstanBul
152.El Paso
153.Sumatra Is Ter.
154.Astrakhan
155.Wuhan
156.Kuming
157.Harbin
158.Luta
159.Mukden
160.Vladivodstok
161.N.Korea Terr
162.S.Korea Terr
163.N.E.Russia Terr
164.N.Japan Ters
165.Tokyo
166.ChengChow
167.S.India Ters
168.Hyderbad
169.BEIJING
170.Teintsin
171.WeiHaiWei
172.TsingTao
173.New Guenea Ters
174.N.Bangledesh
175.Belarus Ter
176.Kiev
177.N.Western China
178.N.Iran Ter
179.E.Central Asia
180.W.Central Asia
181.Valencia
182.Marsielles
183.Barcelona
184.Roma
185.Cape Town
186.Namb-BotswanTer
187.N.Zuni Tribes
188.Rozwi Empire
189.Angola Ter
190.Liberia Ter
191.Ivory Coast Ter
192.Mossi Stes.
193.S.Mozambique Ter
194.Port France
195.Gold Coast Ter
196.Hausa Stes.
197.Georgia Ters
198.Ankarra
199.Syria Ter
200.Arabia Ters
201.Port Sudan
202.Somalia Ter
203.Kenya Ter
204.N.Tanzania Ter
205.S.Tanzania Ter
206.Ethiopia Ter
207.The Congo Ter
208.E.Nigeria Ter
209.W.Nigeria Ter
210.N.Taiwan Ter
211.S.Taiwan Ter
212.Ohio Ter
213.Brittany Ter
214.CherBourg
215.Antananarivo
216.S.Zuni Tribes
217.Delgoa Bay
218.Scotland Ter
219.York
220.Bristol
221.PARIS
222.Strasburg
223.La Rochelle
224.E.Anglia Ter
225.Lyons
226.Bordeaux
227.Avignon
228.Ireland Terrs
229.Liverpool
230.S.Algeria Ter
231.Algiers
232.Toledo
233.Madrid
234.Saragossa
235.N.Iraq Ter
236.S.Iraq Ter
237.Southhampton
238.Portugal Ter
239.London
240.Devon-Cornwall
241.Alexandria
242.Cairo
243.Khartoum
244.Chad Ter
245.Libya Ter
246.Tunis
247.Oran
248.Timbuktu
249.S.Italy Ters
250.Mauritanina Ter
251.Casablanca
252.Senegal Ter
253.Wales Ter
254.Birmingham
255.Muramansk

so teach me how to upload scenarios so you can enjoy the fruits of my labor i worked on then for the past 6 years

If you go to the Download Database there's a button 'Upload File'; that's the one you want. (After uploading a brandnew file there's a waiting period until your first file is approved. You can speed things up by sending a PM to a Moderator about it. After the first upload your next file will automatically get approved.);)

for a long time i thought that the world i made only held 252 territorys but no its 255

well 255 times 9 is 2,295 territories im going to take a long time to build this world its going to be incredible.

my Scenario 1700jon got aproved. its in Rennasance Scenarios. i could not find 1884 modpack so i used the 1650 modpack and included 1650 europe scenario as well since it had enough space i also included Dutch East india company. it replaced light house its loacted in Berlin. becasue on my game if a civilization controls alot of wonders i put them in the capital city so that when you view the top 5 cities you can see all the wonders. but i load up all the civilizations will so much gold that many civilizations will build wonders when ever they feel like it. review the scenario and ill then up load 1884jon after that ill try to re-create 2003jon i mainly use 21st century scenario as reference but i also put in as much as i can to make it realistic. but in 2003 theres Arcologies and they make the populations grow very large. arcologies are the same as sewer systems and make city regions possibile. also engineers can move faster. and civilizations are less war like but every one hates every one from centures of warfare that i played out on the map. the Asians hate the Russians because of the Russia-Jappanese war in which i had the russians conquer Manchuria and manchuria is 3 cities. one of which is Luta which was called Port Aurthor by the russians also harbin and mukden.

the other civilizations that dont like each other the british hate the Americans because of the wars in Canda where the british always attack USA. the Europeans really Hate the Arabs the Neutral nations coalition likes every one but are constantly being attacked by colonial powers. the USA always trys to go to mexico and africa is always trying to stay united. but Becuase of the NNC once holding Australia prior to the British in the 1788 to 1829 Period NNC always trys to take Guyana and re-unite South America. and because Suriname is on the map the NNC always goes after Suriname starting a war with the USA or European union. but the NNC is relatively peaceful after they get South america reunited they alwasy try to sign a cease fire. the European Union does have Border battles with the CIS "Russians" also the CIS breaks up the Baltic states are no longer part of CIS and at first they do not Afiliate with the EU so i usally try to make them as the Neutral europeans or part of USA as a ally. the britsh or the COM as they are called hold a vast empire and the sun never sets on the COM india is frequently attacked by the MFS or "Mongloid race" asians. the Monglois federated states government is very stable they like to do every thing the USA does if the USA starts a war with the NNC then for some reason MFS will attack Afganistan before the USA does. even though theres no Alliances between them. the CIS really never has any contact with the USA or the COM or the NNC. but if the Time peroiod is 1884 the NNC will have central Asia and Afganistan. my scenarios take months in real life to play. the turns are measured in months. i was never able to play the scenarios all the way with all the diffrent civilizations cause i was constantly trying to make the game more population realistic using population from modern censuses and estimates but the longer i played the more higher realife population would get. i was able to replicate Shantung provence in china that had 90 million people but i could not do the same for the place i called SE china (Canton Provence, Hong kong, macao) at one point i had a France with 150 Million people in just France Alone after i made Great Britain , Scandinava , and Russia Smaller.

the NNC does not have any wonders but if i put in the Chicen itza in mexico city would be one and if India ever with drowls from the Common Wealt of nations in real life i could put in the ramala in in either mexico city or put both wonders in New Delhi. but India with drawling from the COM might never happin in my life but South Africa did this in 1960.

ok well i uploaded my 1700jon its in the CIV2 Renasanse scenarios. let me know when your ready for the other Scenario seeing how i was successful at uploading the scenario ill try to make the next one even better. also i think there may be a way to make that 2 part earth map after all but i guess i could just re do the coasts a tiny bit then creat a map of my own based on what i already created. which in a sense is kinda nice casue then the USA is split into two parts for playing on both maps. but like all my scenarios i play using all 7 civlization slots so my version of Western map will probably feature a Ottoman empire as a civlization and a Arab civilization. basically ill figure it out all i need to do is go buy supplies to make my maps

dont worry about it i bassically understand that its terrible but this thread will remind me of what i used to have.of all the maps i had i found Western to be the coolest.

western.mp was like a really awsome looking original Europe map from the original only better. i was going to modify the Pacific map and i was going to try to make the Western map fit with it but in order to show the rest of the world i needed SouthAmerica Map and Africa map so really it was a 4 map world but i had the concept. i was certain that it could be done well ill try again later.im now usingadiffrentcomputer my old one is gone im now using my fathers old lab top. if you guys makea multi map of the earth id be ever so happy to play it as long as the maps fit perfectly with each other on the sides with no overlap.

it has happined i finally got a real world scenario to work in Call to power 1 (CTP1) it was incredible i played it till 4 in the morning last night
then i was so excited i could not fall asleep.

theres included a map with 24 civilizations that can be on the map at the same time. so its you against 23 other civs at once.
also no loner is it just 41 civilizations they added 3 new civs to the game now its 44 civs in the roster.
also most important of all the world map they use is the Civilization 2 large earth map not the gigantic but the original map. so i downloaded 1884 modpack for CIV2 to see what small territors had cites heres what i found they are called "Micro States"

1..Djibouti...............................(french).
2..Kuwait.................................(british)..includes part of Southern Iraq
3..Hong Kong............................(british)
4..Falk Land islands....................(british)
5..Brunei...................................(british)..includes territory of Sabah
6..Tsingtao................................(german)...includes british colony of Weihaiwei
7..Singapore...............................(British)...includes South Malay penninsula
8..Cuba......................................(USA)(suposed to be German cause spain is allied with germany)
9...Hawaii...................................(USA)(suposed to be a Free peoples state)
10..Nambia...............................(german).(soon to be british after World war one)
11..Cardiff-Wales.........................(british)
12...kingston,Jamaca....................(british)..not on the 1884 game but can be added
13...Korea(chosen)......................(japanese)....includes both north and south korea suposed to be free peoples till eary 1900's
14..Jerusalem ,Transjordan..............(british).......Isreal and the made up nation of Jordan
15..Dublin,Ireland...........................(british)
16..Reykavik,Iceland.......................(german)
17..copenhagen,Denmark.................(german)
18..Angola.....................................(german)

also Jamaca can be put in the game if you put a island for it in the Caribean it would be a British micro state.

most of the worlds Micro states are in British hands surprisingly the commonwealth of nations controls one quarter of the earths surface in 1884 no other nation on earth dominated one quarter of the earth surface Queen Victoria was certanly one for the history books but alot of the credit should also go to Cecil Rhodes as he is mentioned in the Scenario Introduction
----------------------
to qualify as a micro state it must be a Nation thats only one city big.

wales counts casue it used to be independednt in the 1200's and its also Playable in both Civ2 and CTP korea counts cause its only one nation on the game there was no division as of yet

there may be other cities on the game that can be counsidered Micro States just study your Maps and read history and look also at history maps

remember how i said 9 regular sized maps would be about 90,000 squares well Giga Map is 58,420 tiles so two of these is 116,840 heres my new project im going to make a scenario and there wont be any modding what so ever. it will be test of times exstended original. only diffrence is the land south of 60* Latitude will be reduced in size hopefully i could get rid of all of this. on the map Odessa,ukraine and Istanbul,Turkey are only seperated by one tile. ill move all of Africa south and this will give it more space. also Amsterdam and Paris,France are too close ill add a tile in between them. the island of Taiwan is too small its only 2 tiles big id like to see it 3 tiles big. the east seaboard of USA is too small so there needs to be more space in between washington and Newyork city. im trying to make the map look like a larger version of Duck flanders nice world map.

my scenario will be set in year 1925 or 1930 the players will be
Russia
Japan
France
USA
Spain
England
Barbarians
Treg (aliens)

the treg home world will also use Giga earth map because i cant find a random map thats of this size. but the only diffrence is no terrain changing what soever and also the Br'till and Gazpchi tribes will be Barbarians its great casue then you got the aliens fighting amongst them selfs.

i chose france instead of germany as dark blue player becasue france is more relevant to year 2010 casue thats were the EU's principal space faring nation is. also England will not be just england it will be all of common wealth of nations with means canada. having canada barabarians will means canada attacks usa or vice versa by letting them be a domminon of the UK theres potential for peace.

one quick question if the scenario ever gets ready could it be up loaded on this website even though its a test of time one? it wont be modded except terrain changes and bonuses to food production in its rules file to allow for billions of humans

it really makes sense to put more space inbetween at best theres two nations inbetwwen you have Romania and Bulgaria. im lookin hard to find where new space should go. i see that Saporo and Tokyo are too close i like having a the sendai city in there somewhere its on the map in duck flanders world.i did the math on tokyo region its about 65 million people covering a area stretching from osaka to sapooro. saporro has to include the northren most counties of honshu. also i noticed i really dont like the size of france. on duck flanders a city called lyons-marsilles could be created i dont like north pakistan city area it covers 95 million people and game only goes up to about 49 million people for one city.

March 20.
Population of China keeps growing its at 60.96 million has 8 cities.its 1980 and the Aliens have begun building the Space ship they already built apollo program

You should add a link to here (and some screenshots!) to the DL page. Will post comment once I've had a look (after my last reinstall anything Civ2 was no longer on my PC, apparently).

Top Bottom