1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm using Stalin of Russia, Hungary, East Germany, Poland...

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Menzies, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Menzies

Menzies Menzies

No more Eastern Europe arguments... I am sick of them and so I have taken it upon my self to put forward the idea of a new, Soviet Empire with all of the Eastern Bloc cities and great Russian cities. This way Stalin can lead the Soviet, and Eastern Europe is represented!

2. Lacaixa

Lacaixa Chieftain

The Polish members are going to love your idea. It's a masterstroke and definitely an end to all the arguments ! :rolleyes:

3. DrewTate

DrewTate Chieftain

I am going to have to agree with him. Poland, east germany, hungary, etc never played a significant role in history except for East germany being better at soccer than west germany.

the soviet union, on the other hand, had a huge role in history in many ways. The idea that every frigging country needs to be repped in civ is ridiculous and people need to get over it. If you don't live in a "great" country now and that country was never "great" then you should not be in the game.

Khmer, for example. What the f*ck is Khmer? Can I buy a vowel? They do not need to be in the game. I bet 75+% of the people that play this game never ever had any idea any civ by that name EVER existed?

Why?

Because they never ever had any significant impact on history. They never did anything worth remembering? The US? Well we won WWI and WWII (saved the frogs' asses)

Khmer? Forget it. They are a joke. Vietnam in the game? You people are psychos.

4. westward

westward Chieftain

Hey, a troll! You guys have these, too?

5. Peng Qi

Peng Qi Chieftain

The Khmer are pretty much single-handedly responsible for the current cultural norms in all of Southeast Asia and Indonesia.

6. aronnax

aronnax Let your spirit be free

Really? I though it was India that did that, except for Vietnam. Nevertheless Khmer was a powerful state in SEA during the 12th Century, controlling important trade routes while involing in politics of both China and India.

@Westward - Sadly yes we have many of them, the mods told me there has been a recent spark of their breeding activities so expect more. Welcome to the Forums

@ The dead man who started this thread - Dont let thelastone36 see you

7. Bongo-Bongo

Bongo-Bongo The Master

You have a rather odd view of World history. Just because you've never of the Khmer doesn't mean they've achieved nothing. They were incredibly influential and powerful in SE Asia at their peak. This is a rather large area of the world you know.

You also give the impression that you think the US single handedly won both World Wars. I get a worrying impression from how American films and TV seem to show both World Wars that this is the general feeling in America, and that the British, Soviet and Commonwealth troops did nothing to contribute. Sure, on their own, the Germans would almost certainly have won, but unlike what many Americans seem to think, America didn't win it on their own, they tipped the balance in favour of the Allies and Soviet powers. I just hope it's not the case that all Americans think like this.

Finally, East Germany being better at West Germany at football? Are you having a laugh? West Germany won three World Cups, East Germany were hopeless.

8. Underdawg

Underdawg Chieftain

Oh don't mind the troll, he's just trolling. I hear a dose of reality, logic, and reasoning as well as fire and acid gets rid of them quick geeky reference there :crazyeye:

9. Echse

Echse Chieftain

and btw new discoveries in Ankor shows that it was the biggest city of mankind till the modern age.
    It was the site of a giant city with an area of more than 1,000 square kilometers (386 square miles). As a comparison, New York City has an area of about 1,200 square kilometers (463 square miles); without its bodies of water, the area of the city is less than 800 square kilometers (309 square miles). Berlin has an area of about 900 square kilometers (348 square miles).

10. Menzies

Menzies Menzies

Ahh, Americans... he is part of the 95% I keep talking about!

11. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

Vivat Hitler, who represents Germany, Austria, France, western Russia, etc. And vivat ignorants who thinks that Poland has born after IIWW!

12. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Chieftain

Damnit menzies why do you have to create these threads. :nono:

My god. DO YOU KNOW HOW OFFENSIVE THIS IS TO PEOPLE!!!!

Polish members would honestly probably rather commit suicide then this.

Poland was the wealthiest country in europe for quite some time, The biggest nation in europe for a few hudnred years, Poland had probably the best Calvary in europe! :p AND Poland is the only country to ever take Moscow, Poland has been a state for over 1,200 years, Poland has survived the partisans, which many nations would've not. Poland even though in very tough situations, managed to actually colonize something!!!

That is only the beganing.

The main market is americans and most can't even point Louisiana on the map, i don't think that much would know that Combodians were the Khmer.

Saved the world for WW1 and WW2. You have crossed the line! I'm not even going to start

Cybrxkhan is gonna have a fit....

TO LATE.

Do you know a thing about football? East Germany SUCKED. :lol:

That's the only sentance you have evered said that i agreed with. :rolleyes:

I HAVE NOT EVEN STARTED YET. I'm really angry with this Menzies. I hope the moderator doesn't close this before my second Post.

13. aronnax

aronnax Let your spirit be free

For some reason, I am enjoying this....

14. sneaky

sneaky Chieftain

Why do people still reply to these troll threads??
    Both DrewTate and Menzies are just trolling you guys. Ignore them, hopefully a mod will step in and close this in due time.

(Although I also sometimes get irritated with all the pro-Poland threads, I personally would have no problem with Poland in CIV V, but only if they include the Winged Hussar. Otherwise no dice, sorry :p)

15. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Chieftain

:rotfl: you like our horses don't you?
    Spoiler :

16. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

Personally, I love troll threads.

In before the lock.

17. sneaky

sneaky Chieftain

Those units seem iconic enough to alone warrant an inclusion. If Poland didn't have a special unit or building I would be more reluctant to include them, but because of the splendor and length of their Golden Age and this cool and interesting unit I think they have enough characteristics that would set them apart from other possible European inclusions. I personally think we have enough European civs as it is, but I am willing to make an exception for Poland. :D

18. Menzies

Menzies Menzies

The idea of Representation in this is a joke, we cannot just represent all peoples, it would be riduculous, we must only get the Greatest of the Great. I am completly opposed to places like my Home; Australia being in and as for my heritage of Ireland, screw it, they should not be in. I am not completly opposed to Poland, it's just that people have gone on for so long about it. Just let it die until CIV V or CIV IV: [generic expansion titile] is announced. They are not going to go looking for Poland in the forums and go: "OH!!! WE NEED POLAND!!!". Someone will sit there and go, what else can we put in, then they will think: "TWANG!!!" and Poland will be included.

POLAND WILL BE IN THE NEXT EXPANSION, SO WILL DENMARK AND PROBABLY ONE OR TWO SLAVIC NATIONS AND SOMETHING FROM THE BALKANS!! Just sit back and shut up about it. Either that or I'll make a Comi-Nazi mod to "represent" them all.

19. sneaky

sneaky Chieftain

Hey, you are the one who started this thread... :confused:

20. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Chieftain

Menzies please just stop, you've insulted my country enough for one day. Are you done?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.