Images of all the Earth Maps

I like the south africa starting spot on the huge earth map. 8 spices, 3 gems, and several... dyes I think? It was nuts. Ka-ching!

Since there are so many europeans like me playing the game, we want it to look good. Problem is europe is very very small on a world map :D
Thats why for Rhyes and fall of civilization mod, he made europe oversized. If you want it somewhat realistic you have to consciously make that sacrifice.

Since there are so many europeans like me playing the game, we want it to look good. Problem is europe is very very small on a world map :D
Thats why for Rhyes and fall of civilization mod, he made europe oversized. If you want it somewhat realistic you have to consciously make that sacrifice.

In Civ4 Earth map, Europe looked much better than the huge hex version... even without oversized Europe.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I mean huge Earth here is bigger than huge Earth in civ4 and still so much worse. :crazyeye:
Not to mention those maps are swarming with Bilbo's... I swear I saw a square! And then I found an underwater square... that called itself a coast! And what about natural wonders? Or should I say the absence of them? And rivers beginning... and ending right there where they began... inland!?

Seriously, looks more like a severely unpolished mod rather than official product! :mad:

Being that these maps were made by professionals, why aren't they a whole lot better? They should be absolutely huge, and be a whole lot better than the best fan made maps out there, not smaller and worse. It used to be that earth maps weren't even included in Civ games. Now they are but theyre amateurish looking. Maybe (and thats a big maybe) with the steam dlc capability, something awesome will see the light of day. Surely Firaxis realizes the large contingent of fans that want this sort of thing? Aren't earth maps typically amongst the highest downloads?

How do I make everyone start where they are supposed to start? China in China, Japan in Japan and so on?

How do I make everyone start where they are supposed to start? China in China, Japan in Japan and so on?

There should be a "True Start Locations" mod in the game browser, maybe called "TSL."

Not the best, because it uses Civ 5 map (which is a little iffy with so many European factions) but it's pretty fun in Asia and Africa!

There should be a "True Start Locations" mod in the game browser, maybe called "TSL."

Not the best, because it uses Civ 5 map (which is a little iffy with so many European factions) but it's pretty fun in Asia and Africa!

And East Europe & Siberia regions. Large area and great places to start. However it affects game balance with TSL mod....

That's what happens on Earth map...

Spoiler :

Top Bottom