• No

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Other

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

Janig

Prince
Is imitation inherently positive?

*Such an obvious question now that I think about it. Yes imitiation is positive, the more the merrier. Thanks.

Is stuff inherently good?

Is stuff inherently good?

What is "good"?

There is nothing inherently positive about a parrot copying someone. There is also nothing positive about someone like SNL or The Onion imitating something as it is usually insulting. It can be positive, but not inherently.

azaman333 why are you writing imitation is not inherently positive?
There is nothing inherently positive about a parrot copying someone. There is also nothing positive about someone like SNL or The Onion imitating something as it is usually insulting. It can be positive, but not inherently.

Im not convinced by what you write: Can you elaborate on those sentences or give other examples please?

Imitation doesnt depend on intent. I can imitate people without knowing what they are thinking

However, if you imitate someone who gives money to charity by giving your own money to charity, is that not positive?

However, if you imitate someone who gives money to charity by giving your own money to charity, is that not positive?

It is, but only because giving money to charity is positive, not because of any inherent goodness achieved by imitating the person.

It is, but only because giving money to charity is positive, not because of any inherent goodness achieved by imitating the person.
But it is good because you observed him doing a good deed, saw that it was good, and therefore imitated him, knowing that it was a good thing.

But it is good because you observed him doing a good deed, saw that it was good, and therefore imitated him, knowing that it was a good thing.

You can just as easily imitate someone doing a bad deed, see that it was enjoyable for them, and therefor imitate it, knowing nevertheless that it was a bad thing.

Man is a fallen creature, separate from God and under the influence of Satan. As much behavior we witness springs from Satan's efforts to use our nature against us, imitation is inherently bad except in those situations where we have used the guidance of the Holy Ghost to discern the true nature of the behavior at hand and based our reactions to it on Godly principals.

Man is a fallen creature, separate from God and under the influence of Satan. As much behavior we witness springs from Satan's efforts to use our nature against us, imitation is inherently bad except in those situations where we have used the guidance of the Holy Ghost to discern the true nature of the behavior at hand and based our reactions to it on Godly principals.

I could be and and am more than likely wrong, but I could have sworn there was a period between September and mid December when you mellowed a bit and got all hilarious and ironic and were most awesome. What happened? Too heavy now man.

I could be and and am more than likely wrong, but I could have sworn there was a period between September and mid December when you mellowed a bit and got all hilarious and ironic and were most awesome. What happened? Too heavy now man.

Bi-polar?

Top Bottom