ImmacuNES II B- Emperor of the Fading Heavens

Infantry IV will no longer be used outside the fortress. The artillary that had been bonded to the Infantry IV regiments will be taken out and be used.

As of this moment, the Garrison's priorities is to eliminate the Symbiote infection in Hubbard. We shall use the Grimson Legion, the Boar Tanks, and the Artillary currently stationed in Hubbard to burn out the infection and rescue as many survivors as possible. The survivors shall be put on quarantine and be watched for any sign of infection. As the symbiotes in Hubbard are not as developed as the Symbiotes on Stigmata is, the Grimson will be virtually immune to harm.

Meanwhile, the Garrison's second priority is to create additional defenses within the fortress that face towards the Gate. As we do not know how the situation is beyond the gateway is, I feel as if it would be a suicide to leave the fortress undefended as of this moment. Unfortunately this means going on the defensive, but I doubt the Garrison, with the reinforcements from Errovus Secundus and Hubbard delayed, will be able to go on the offensive for this year.

The third priority of the Garrison is to bring in advanced medics and morale raisers in form of magi into Stigmata to treat the wounded.

And may the Pancreator help us all.

Kinda IC-OOC, Garriks comments:

Garrik believes that Infantry should remain behind to protect the artillery. Infantry should not be used in front or mid-rows.

Garrik Believes that going onto offensive with this few troops will mean certain defeat. Even larger scale attack will mean certain defeat for Imperial Garrison. For survival, Hive Raum HAS to be defeated or atleast weakened by bombardment.

About Hubbard:
Both Garrik Harnoth aswell as Tenith Erona are on Hubbard and are willing to lead Imperial Garrison offensive/defensive there. Garrik was previous commander of Garisson and it'd be unwise to throw away such an opportunity. Of course I'll not be giving over control of my ACCs - they'll still follow my orders. I want Garrik to lead the assault/reconquest plans and Tenith defense/stop expansion plans.

About E2: Garrison should expand its territories and holdings there, just to gain access to extra funds and secure E2 future.

About magic: Garrison has no magic quality, better leave it to battle brothers or some other faction. Altho healers who can dis-spell symbiot magic and then heal would be useful, great idea!

Garrisson is Sword and Shield of the Pancreator. We My brothers will defeat this symbiot threat.

Can I first say that the Imperial Charter is horribly flawed, and I will change it if neccessary. I don't understand why it is treated with such reverence, the church isn't particularly against changing it so I don't see why so many Houses are.

With regards to planetary defense, what I want is for planetary organisations to form and to take care of the defense on each planet. It's up to you how you organise yourself from there, and I won't intervene. However as Regent I would like an invite to any groups formed.

House Texier hereby presents its view on the administration and defence of the Empire, particularly for the attention of the Regent.

Firstly, we see a need for the Regent to cooperate more closely with the Church. The Church has enormously extensive resources that are not being used to fight the Symbiots but perhaps they could be doing so if the Regent were conferring fully on the matter with his fellow-Clerics. edit: not to mention the fact that the Church is spending enormous funds and forces on matters of dubious urgency.

Secondly, something needs to be done to replace the role of the Authority on Errovus Secondus. The prime purposes of the Authority - the water gates' maintainance and the distribution of grain and the prevention of piracy - need continuing by someone.

Thirdly, the southern Authority continent needs to come under the legal ownership of someone. The Regent must consult with the Church on this matter.

Fourthly, we urge everyone to behave with extreme caution and moderation with regard to Arrakis.

Fifthly, we agree with the Regent that diplomatic overtures should be made towards the Evvis, and we rather wonder why this sort of business has not been brought before the Nobles to consider in the thread.

Sixthly, what is the status of the naval treaty with the Authority on Errovus Secondus? House Texier wishes to know if it is now free to build ships; at any rate, what must certainly be avoided is the complete absence of any naval force to protect merchant shipping on the seas of the planet.

House Texier is willing within reason to carry out duties and take on roles in collaboration with the Regent to make sure that the Authority's demise does not result in economic or political chaos on Errovus Secondus.

To House Klorin
From House Texier

Depending on our stats, we may well be interested in the purchase of your fiefdom on E2.

A very important OOC note for Immaculate:

We no longer have the Authority interfering in our trade and we can trade freely without them receiving a cut in every deal. Therefore fiefs on E2 ought to receive a pretty hefty income boost?

Also, what happened to the Orthodox fiefdom immediately to the south of my fiefdom on Errovus Secondus?

But there is no need for you to be in on every discussion between houses. This is mighty intrusive. As for the charter how is it flawed? It provides for planetary forces, space forces, and intelligence forces aside from the Regency itself.

If a valid argument for why the charter should be changed can be presented then perhaps The Query will support it, but overall we see no need at this time.

Lord Ichabod, Sterling Clan, Sceptre Holder, The Query

The Southern Authority continent does need to be placed under someones command, but how to decide such fairly? I am of the opinion that it should be split between the various Imperial Positions, primarily the Garrison and Fleet, to secure incomes for these very important groups. Obviously actual piracy will take a while to occur on the seas of E2, for now I suppose like on all other planets the individual houses should safeguard their fiefs while the Garrison could take up anti piracy activity.

I would also imagine that local gates and such facilities should be run by the fiefdom they are located in or near.

We also stand ready to aid E2 in preventing the collapse of its structure. The Query have already begun to undertake actions to prevent collapse but would be open to discussing such things with other interested parties.

Lord Guy, Fye Clan, Sceptre Holder, The Query

But that is the purpose of the Garrison Commander, to be in ultimate control of the Garrison. The Garrison already has generals in charge of various locations and forces who are doing exactly what you propose.

I feel that adding another commander to the mix would create two garrison commanders essentially. Two seperate people using the same pool of resources to accomplish different ends. Why add this confusion and potential for conflicting orders to the troops?

This is not to say we cannot all state our opinions or offer advice, but ultimately it should be up to the Garrison Commander to decide what to do and a military needs that central authority and single direction to run smoothly.

Lord Guy of the Fye Clan, Sceptre Holder, The Query

Imperial Garrison is the Sword and Shield of the Pancreator. Their might defends you. But Imperial Garrison is facing hard times, (especially) because of poor conditions they are in and because of poor decisions their new leaders have made. Imperial Garrisson will, eventually, defend every citizens of The Empire, but Garrison has limited amount of funds and manpower and thus can not be present everywhere.

It is both traditional and logical for a noble to defend their lands themselves against an invasion - for a short time - until their lord can gather a defense force and counter attack invaders. This battle tactics is ancient. It's tradition. Like that it has always been, Like that it shall always be.

A Planet wide defensive pact has been done before - Union of Incellia (OOC: Spelling?!?!).

In case of a conflict, This group would coordinate defense and offense of the planet until Garrison can muster up a defensive/offensive force to counter an invasion.

Signed,
Tenith Erona,
House of Hyppean

@Adrogans:

I'm not saying I'm changing it now, but that I may do in the future if the need to arose. Personally I despise the voting system and think its extremely unfair, but that's an entirely different matter.

There's no need for me to be on in the discussions, but considering the Regency has land on almost every planet (if not every one), including Arrakis, it would make sense for it to be involved in a purely local manner if required. If there was an infection on Arrakis, I wouldn't send in the Garrison but if I had troops on the planet anyway I don't see why they shouldn't be involved. It would be maddness for them to just sit idly by. They wouldn't be used to arbritrate disagreements between the Houses, but in the face of symbiot invasion of course they would be involved.

Yes, I thought he meant to add another commander to the Garrison, not strictly an anti symbiote structure for Arrakis. Also we have just proposed that the Fleet and Garrison take over the southern E2 continent to bolster their income to aid in these tough times.

But my Lord Fye, the Church is already taking control.

Yes but why not hand it over to those two bodies who desperately need the income to defend all of humanity instead?

@Adrogans:

I'm not saying I'm changing it now, but that I may do in the future if the need to arose. Personally I despise the voting system and think its extremely unfair, but that's an entirely different matter.

There's no need for me to be on in the discussions, but considering the Regency has land on almost every planet (if not every one), it would make sense for it to be involved in a purely local manner if required. If there was an infection on Arrakis, I wouldn't send in the Garrison but if I had troops on the planet anyway I don't see why they shouldn't be involved. It would be maddness for them to just sit idly by.

But to what purpose? There is no reason for the Regency to be involved in agreements between houses unless the Regency is trying to join said pacts, alliances, discussions. Otherwise this seems like simply a way to spy on everything.

OOC: Seriously I cannot understand why I am the only one arguing against this.

Yes but why not hand it over to those two bodies who desperately need the income to defend all of humanity instead?

Precisely; the Regent needs to confer with the Church to secure for us all what is best for the Imperium and for the glory of the Pancreator, namely to dispense of these lands wisely and appropriately. Your suggestion also has a huge amount to commend it.

And I concur that there's no way the Regent would get automatic membership of any E2 defence association social group if I were the administrator. He would learn anything relevant to him from me if any such association came into being.

But my Lord Fye, the Church is already taking control.

The church is maintaining peace and order! Churches forces crushed many revolts and rebels. It is not Churches problem that nobles can not control their territories.

However we should ask Church to aid us against the Symbiots. Whatever through manpower or MF.

The church is maintaining peace and order! Churches forces crushed many revolts and rebels. It is not Churches problem that nobles can not control their territories.

Undeniably, but that just makes it even more essential that the Regent should confer with the Church over the ultimate fate of these territories.

@Spry

Firstly, we see a need for the Regent to cooperate more closely with the Church. The Church has enormously extensive resources that are not being used to fight the Symbiots but perhaps they could be doing so if the Regent were conferring fully on the matter with his fellow-Clerics. edit: not to mention the fact that the Church is spending enormous funds and forces on matters of dubious urgency.

The Church has been heavily involved in the rebuilding of E2, which is also a matter of significant importance. They may also be able to provide help in Stigmata. We will be in discussion.

Secondly, something needs to be done to replace the role of the Authority on Errovus Secondus. The prime purposes of the Authority - the water gates' maintainance and the distribution of grain and the prevention of piracy - need continuing by someone.

This is the responsibility of the people of Erovus Secundus, ie. the Houses there.

Thirdly, the southern Authority continent needs to come under the legal ownership of someone. The Regent must consult with the Church on this matter.

Not any of my business.

Fourthly, we urge everyone to behave with extreme caution and moderation with regard to Arrakis.

It's up to the people of Arrakis to decide how best to respond to this situation.

Fifthly, we agree with the Regent that diplomatic overtures should be made towards the Evvis, and we rather wonder why this sort of business has not been brought before the Nobles to consider in the thread.

This sort of business has not been brought to the nobles because it is simply an option that is being discussed, and apparently leaked. The Regent believes that we need to know more about the Evvis, particularly those dwelling on Assimov, and making contact would be one way to acheive this.

Sixthly, what is the status of the naval treaty with the Authority on Errovus Secondus? House Texier wishes to know if it is now free to build ships; at any rate, what must certainly be avoided is the complete absence of any naval force to protect merchant shipping on the seas of the planet.

Well I don't oppose you building ships.. It's probably a good idea to protect the shipping now that the Authority is no longer around. You can probably consider that treaty void.

However we should ask Church to aid us against the Symbiots. Whatever through manpower or MF.

I am not worried that the Church is, what I am saying is we need to plan for the future use of these lands and the best option I think is to set them up as part of Garrison and Fleet to bolster these critical offices.

Lord Guy

Arrakis Defense Pact.

The Regent should be included in this, because the Regent has both lands and forces on the planet of Arrakis. If the purpose of this group is to organise the defence of the planet against Symbiots, which it is, then logically the regent should be involved.

I am not asking for membership into every group there is, but I would appreciate membership to ones who's purpose it is to defend planets on which I have land.

Ah that is much more understandable than the apparent blanket statement from earlier.

Lord Ichabod

I think you must have misread, because my original statement refered only to groups formed to defend planets. I have no intention or desire to spy on, or involve myself in, the local ongoings of any of the planets other then my own (as Holy Gate). I've made this repeatedly clear, it's your planet, you are responsible. As Regent I am concerning myself only with problems which effect the whole Empire.

Kilgore does not object to the Regent being included in any planetary defense organizations that comes to be. Their logic is sound.

House Tsedeq agrees. Although on the central continent, house Naprous in the north has been building dykes, and Tsedeq in the south also has been building some protection around the new fields, the rest of the continent coasts and the other continents need shielding, and the dykes must be maintained. This cannot be left to the power of the nearby noble houses because some areas are controlled by freemen and therefore with no protection. Tsedeq will make sure that the southand southeastern parts of the central continent is secure. We believe house Naprous can secure, or has already secured, the northern and eastern coasts, and that house Illborne has "inherited" from the Authority all that is necessary to secure the western part of the continent.

The other two inhabited continents should likewise organise themselves, and whoever takes control of the southern authority continent too.
The northern authority continent should probably be left to the waters as it's likely damaged beyond repair.

Regarding grain distribution, since waters are now free for all with the end of the Authority, we believe house Naprous and other food producers can ship food and good wherever needed, so there's no need to replace the Authority for this. It is, after all, how all other planets are handled.

We back the proposal that this continent be given to the Garrison and maybe Fleet in order for them to get much needed extra revenue.

The Authority officially no longer exists so the monopoly it was given no longer exists either.

Edit: OOC:
by the way, what are the dark dots all over the E2 map in Regency, Illborne, Orthodox, Querry, Freemen and Sanctious 'Als domains?

Edit:
and Kilgore, welcome to E2.

Top Bottom