1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ImmacuNES II B- Emperor of the Fading Heavens

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Immaculate, Dec 3, 2010.

1. spryllino

spryllino Deity

To House Naprous
    From House Texier

If you lower the asking price by a further 1MF, we'll buy it, but you overestimate the threat posed by the cloud in our opinion. Besides, a few extra units of well-equipped soldiers (and radiation-proof ones at that) are not going to solve the problems posed by a huge radioactive cloud. Otherwise, we are not interested in buying your unit immediately.

2. Toteone

Toteone Deity

This again? The place is a wasteland. Direct income taxes go to the main house itself, the lesser houses will make their income in the region from repaired industries. No income tax on the nobles will simply make them more able to afford the goods produced in farms and factories.

Naprous is the house whose income is going up to 36 this round from 18 four rounds ago, despite spending 30% of its income on saving people and in fact the removal of the Authority has not helped much yet in terms of commercial dominance... the prosperity is self created.
    But yes, some nobles in the main house may be upset about future profits and not just an improved economic environment even though we won't actually lose anything, because that place is, once again, an urban graveyard. So that's a good point and I think I will add a slight income tax.

Anyway, the regular round of Query insults against anything they deem not to be the correct understanding of things duly noted.

My nobles already agreed to it. I have talked with Immac. They're even investing all the money they have available immediately.

OOC: Just leave me alone instead of always piling on to whatever you think is not periodical. I'm not interested in any comments. Thank you.
    Basically you guys are wailing your arms around complaining that no tax will piss your nobles off, no tax will piss your nobles off! Well, those taxes are on the nobles and go directly into my coffers! Why wouldn't they like free money!? The income taxes go directly to my coffers, it'll only enrich my nobles by the serfs having more to spend unless they're not even allowed to have money which might be true but basically, the ONLY ARGUMENT you have is what the nobles of my MAIN HOUSE would think!!
    And ya know what??? I REALLY AM NOT MAKING ANY MONEY AT ALL from the new lands, so we wouldn't lose anything!

3. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

OOC: NBC infantry can survive nuclear envioments as well.

Nuclear
    Biological
    Chemical

Just use those.

4. Adrogans

Adrogans Quiet Laughter...

The point is though you are using very modern economic concepts in a society which is not modern in thought at all. But hey have fun with that.

And ya know what I think your income went up because the main competition for your agriculture just got nuked and lost all command structure, but thats just me.

5. Toteone

Toteone Deity

----------

6. Toteone

Toteone Deity

------------

7. hbar

hbar Constant

Whoa there, Toteone, calm down. I don't think anyone was trying to 'pile on', and I understand that you feel like you're constantly being persecuted, but that is only because you are floating ideas that are consistently away from the prevailing mindset. There's nothing wrong with that, but don't expect a lot of agreement from the other players, particularly IC.

Also, I'll apologize; I misunderstood what you free economic zone meant, I didn't realize your nobles would profit at your expense. I'm just a little touchy about the subject of rebellious nobles, considering how much I had to spend this turn crucifying a bunch of them.

That said, here's my IC response. And before you take this personally, please remember that our houses are kind of blood enemies...

IC: House Naprous is free to fritter away its wealth in whatever way they see fit. However, I would assume that they are still collecting the Church's tithe?

8. Adrogans

removed.

9. Toteone

Toteone Deity

----

will be super rich HBar didn't like economic info

10. hbar

hbar Constant

Toteone, whether you are quitting or not, please please please stop posting privileged information in this thread. Secrets are what keeps the game interesting for the rest of us.

11. Toteone

Toteone Deity

---------------------

12. Adrogans

That's cool, I just had a feeling you needed to understand where I come from, I will now wipe that post.

13. Toteone

Toteone Deity

thnx : )

sorry

14. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

yay for a page of dashes and removed posts.

15. Toteone

Toteone Deity

Guilty as charged. ;P

Seriously, I dig this game, but with my obsessive, easily offended personality (well ok, I totally had a major nasty fight with Klorin (not Thomas, he's awesome as always lol :)) the night before and it deflected partly but still wound me regarding this game up like all hells before another thing tonight and then this too (and school, lots of it))) I'd better give it up.

You're all really good roleplayers! Really. My historical views differ a bit (other than Naprous' backstory already being quite different), and I wish there'd be some more time taken to ask the GM why I did this and that, but seriously I can't expect people to go to that effort and should be more careful with publicizing such schemes that were edited from IC sensible to insensible to override the balancing game mechanics and I understand I can be difficult to play with.

I'm 'a ask a friend to replace me, but he's kinda comatose, the guy lives in Norway and doesn't really CFC so I guess someone random will take over.
    I'll just send my notes to Immac so he can give it to whatever new player. Pleeeeease read the notes, there are two important deals, one of which I fought tooth and nail to get. Oh and Klorin owes you 1mf which is finally being paid (I forgot to add that to the notes). It doesn't matter what you spend it on but take it, it's really important and you will be murdered at night if you don't.
    Sorry to bother with emotional outbursts, I really need to not have such a thin skin (actually the problem is more that I hyperfocus on stuff I like for short times until I burn out or get stressed, nature's been telling me to quit for a while...).

Heh, basically I liked this game too much. ^^

16. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

OKay, i am sad to see you go Toteone.

I'll make sure your replacement gets a copy of the notes you sent me.

17. Ekolite

Ekolite Deity

Nooo toteone don't go! :(

18. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

Okay. Should I forward all diplo that was going to Naporous to you Immac?

19. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

sure.

20. hbar

hbar Constant

“Is this the place?”

“Yup. Just like the gardener said. House Mubarak, apparently dissatisfied with our Lady’s rule. Jeez, Montag, is this a manor or a fortress?”

Guy looked up at the castle-like walls, narrow windows providing ample hiding places for snipers.

“Well, wood, stone, or steel, get it hot enough and anything burns.” Guy flipped the safety on his flame-gun. “You ready, Beatty?”

The commander nodded, then turned to the recruits. “Okay boys, here’s the drill. Guy and I will kick in the door and light up the welcome party. Stay far enough back from us so your diapers don’t melt. We clear, you hold, got it?”

As they charged the door, Guy’s blood warmed with the fuel on his back. This was what he had signed up for, not hunting outlaws in the desert, but good old close-quarters combat. He placed the charges on the manor’s hinges and counted to three. As the doors blew, he rounded the corner. He flipped on his microphone as a hail of small arms fire flew out the door.

“We are the right hand of the Sanctious’Als. This house has been judged and found treasonous. Lay down your weapons and find mercy.”

A slug whined as it ricocheted off Guy’s armor. He glanced at Beatty with a grin.

“I guess that’s a no.”

They raised their flame guns in a well practised motion, and in an instant the room was ablaze. The gunshots were quickly replace by screams and curses. The two burnt angels advanced into the foyer as the infantry approached to put out fires and secure the room.

-------------

The fighting had been sporadic up to this point, but the last few rooms held stiff resistance. Guy knew they were approaching the noble’s safe room, and the worst was yet to come. He checked around the next corner and motioned for Beatty to hold. Something wasn’t right. No booby traps, but...

Fwoom!

The sound of shoulder-fired rocket was unmistakable, even in the padded wealth of a noble’s mansion. Guy’s training kicked in and he hit his jets before his mind even registered the threat. Although he ricocheted painfully off the vaulted ceiling, the rocket missed its target and blew out the wall behind him. Without waiting for the dust to clear, Guy grabbed a thermobaric grenade off his belt.

“Oooh, you’re going to pay for that one.” He lobbed the grenade, darkened his visor, and charged the room. As the very air in the room turned to liquid fire, Guy smirked behind his helmet.

“Man, sometimes I just love this job.”