1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ImmacuNES II B- Emperor of the Fading Heavens

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Immaculate, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Northen Wolf

Northen Wolf Young Hunter

Oh I searched wiki for Hastur and found nothing. Now this makes more sense. Thanks !

@Immac
    Any ETA on those stats?

2. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Not till next week sometime. So sorry... just not progressing as nicely as i had hoped.

3. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

I'll be away from wednesday next week and ten days forth (30th to 8th), by the way. I hope I can get in orders before or after.

4. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

Then there's always this Hastur (the insperation). He's only slightly better then the Local one.

5. Darksaber1

The Shepherd of Wolves
    (The Empty Whole, Part 2)

Spoiler :
    The good Shepherd guards his Flock, for his Master, from the Wolves of the hills.
    It was a very small room, with half of its area taken-up by the shelf that served as the desk. In fact, there was so little space that the occupant had been forced to cut a large rectangle from the floor under the desk, to have room for a bed in the extra space.

Fortunately, the inhabitant was not a large man, or particularly tall. Pastor Ainue Roojair was of average height and build for a health man of 32, with light brown hair and blue eyes, which often set him apart from the inhabitants of his parish-often a good thing he found.

As he slipped onto the stool that served as his office chair, he noticed the Notice: a beautifully piece of illuminated calligraphy, written of imported vellum, the notice was that his church’s worldly protection would now be provided by the House of Thana. Of course, in practice this declaration would matter about as much as the Notice from the Eikins his predecessor had received five years ago. The Nobles would come, make promises and a big show, then leave and only look back for takes and tithes, o if another should look to wards City 17.

Sighing, Roojair begain pulling papers from odd places and got to work, wishing he could pull-up the planks that covered his sunken bed below the desk, but knowing he had work to finish. It was actually his choice to work and live in such a small room; when he had first arrived 10 months ago, the parish-priests suit was rather large and comfortable. However, he promptly sold the decorations and furnishing, using the money to by a large number of bed-rolls and bunks to fill the rooms with, forming dormitories for the poor. That was something he consistently got in trouble with-, well, that and having letting the churches paint peel, and “misplacing” decorations and ornaments, and using the money for soup and bread, or buying the neighbouring tenements’ from the Slumlords, the slashing the rent to a tenth of the old price, inflated by the proximity to the only church for some distance. That the Slumlords paid a portion of said earning to the Archdeacon (rather than the church) was something no one mentioned.

As he worked at trying find ways to keep his superiors from collecting the missing tithes from him via his liver (literally, he feared; the head-Deacon was an extremely burly orc, who would probably have no trouble biting his liver out [and had in fact threatened to do so once, after some drink]), Roojair became aware of the sound of a disturbance coming from down the hall, and had just struggled out from under his papers when Baraik Sextonson, the chief verger and sexton, pulled the door open enough to poke his head around.

“Sir, there’s a woman to see you, a soldier, I think.”

“Who frome?” Roojair responded with a frown, exiting into the hall. “The Thanains? Them Above? The Eikens? Putcha’-MoobaraX, the Warlord Who can’t Spell His own Name?”

“Thanains, I think. More truly than most. Looks in a real bad state, too”

Roojair received the answer to his question about Baraik’s meaning before even answering. Upon entering the nave, the figure was plainly visible, thanks to the apparent wish shared by everyone in the room to keep a distance away. Rojair approved: you should never get near a strange soldier, especially not one of the class the woman appeared to be. As for the soldiers herself, he understood Baraik’s comment of being “more Thanain than most”. The vertically shorter than average, small lobed ears that were rather long horizontally; the odd sheen to her black hair and the odd, slightly bluish cast to her skin helped mark her heritage, even if she was considerably shorter than most of that kind. Roojair could also tell she was in a lot of pain, and was barely staying on her feet.

“G-greeting, Father,” the soldier said in a slightly weak, fathering voice, and started to give a bow, but gave a barely suppressed shriek as her left arm moved.

“Arj-Jiha Kevzha, Te-Serah.” Roojair said, prompting a start from the soldier (which prompted a small moan of pain).

“Arj-Jiha Kevzha Geh-Messerah.” The woman said, giving a similar, if rather more curt, nod.

“And what brings you to my church, Serah? Roojair said, stepping right up to the woman, placing his hand on her right upper-arm, surreptitiously letter her support her weight on him. He could see now the poor woman was barely standing.

“I, ah, have some...some important news for the-the Church and, umm...” she began and tailed off, blinking unsteadily for a moment for composing herself. “I have important news, and did not know who else to give it to.”

“Very well. I am parish-priest Ainue Roojair. You may come with me to my office. And Baraik, the ladies boot seems damaged, would you mind helping her keep her balance on the floor in here?”

The soldier gave a small nod of thanks as large man slipped over to let the woman lean against his chest, and spoke as they walked towards t hall leading to Baraiks rooms, which doubled as the ceremonial office. “Thank you, Father. I am lieutenant Maiden Merrill, of Andruil’s Huntresses’. I did not expect to meet someone out-here who speaks Tha-Incillian.”

“I was born near Azrael, and the church brought me here when I was 11. Here, sit down on that coach by the window. Now, remove you jacket and let me see your arm-Maker’s Breath, you should have gone to a healer!” Roojair wasn’t certain what to do for a moment. I looked like something had bitten a large chunk from her upper arm, as well as hideous rips and punctures on her lower arm, with matching wounds on the side of her ribs, were it seemed something had been grabbing at the straps for her armoured vest. Looking at the injuries, which were clearly becoming inflamed and infected, we knew that even if she had been to one of the local healers, she would still probably die. With that thought, we reached decision.

“Baraik, go and get the box from by room, you know which one.” As the man hurried from the room, Roojair looked back at Miaden. “I have something that can heal you, but you must keep its existence secret. Good?” seeing her nod, he continued. “It is a relic given to this church by a saint long ago, which we must keep secret from the uppers of the Church. They would take it and place it in a reliquary, where it can do no good, or use it only to heal the wealth and powerful, rather than healing to poor and suffering as intended. However, there is a price.

“I have received a letter asking me to investigate a church that has stopped communicating with the outside world. I will go, but it is a rather long tripe through dangerous areas. You are a soldier, a commando. By price is, you will accompany me as a bodyguard. Fair?”

Miaden didn’t respond for a minute. She knew she should get back, but on the other hand, everyone probably thought she was dead anyways. She didn’t ruely belive this priest would leve her to die, but her might not heal her fully, which given the wound on her arm, would probably end her carrier with the Huntress anyways.

“Alright. You have a deal. It can’t be as bad as my last mission.” She said with a gesture at her maimed arm.

“Very good. Let us begin.” Roojair said, taking a slightly glowing silver necklace from the box Baraik had brought back, and placed the locket around Miaden’s neck. “Now, just open the clasp. Don’t worry, unconsciousness is natural.”

But what was does the Good Shepherd do when encircled by wolves, and answering to wolves in Lords clothing?

6. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

OOC:

Immac, Summoning magic is an integral part of FFH: how heretical does the church consider it? (I don't mean summoning demons, which would be pretty bad, but things like Djinn, or Fire elementals.)

I was just thinking that elementals, or djinn, may be rather useful fighting symbiots.

7. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

OOC:
    I want a Titanium Elemental!
    And you mean a Fire Reactional.

8. Adrogans

Adrogans Quiet Laughter...

Depends they may view all summoning as heretical, though I doubt it.

9. Darksaber1

What about Chlorine Elementals?
    Use a Phosphorus Elemental, and you might as well have a fire Elemental...

10. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Yeah.

I bet they consider summoning angels heretical too, if only because angels probably have a radically different view of the Orthodoxy Church.

Makes me want to summon Basium.

11. Terrance888

Uranium elementals can give symbiots tumors!
    Unununtonium elementals last for half a trilisecond!
    How about some diamond (carbon) elementals? Mate it with a fire reactional to get a bigger ball of fire! Hardest (?) Material known to mankind!
    You can't say no to an Oxygen Elemental! Just throw in a cigarete and watch it go boom!
    How about good'ol hydrogen elementals? It can deprive oxygen AND explode!

12. thomas.berubeg

we'd have NO problems with Symbiots, with him in charge.

13. Diamondeye

Or with heretics. Or undevoted people. Or scientists.

14. Ekolite

Ekolite Deity

No one is to try to summon Basium.

Your Regent :p

15. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

This is all OOC.

The last time there were summons was during the wars between the church and symbiots and only the church (eskatonics usually) ever summoned anything. You can design summon units but existing units are not trained to summon or control anything.

16. Diamondeye

OOC: Symbiote Basium. Just thinking out loud :lol:

17. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

I don't think Basium has problems with scientists, as long as they make more stuph that he can use to kill demon-worshippers and demons with.

Edit: Actually that reminds me of a certain organization we have right now in this game :p

18. Terrance888

I guess Basium would like a giant flame gun, or one that shoots mini-nukes.

19. thomas.berubeg

Why do i have this image of Basium as a Giant Robot? Shouting things like``Better Dead than Red!`` or.

20. Darksaber1

Give him the Exerimental MIRV, but set it ON FIRE! FLAMING MINI-NUKES!! And Eye Beams!!!

Clearly Communists are Symbiont Simpithisers!