ImmacuNES III: Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy

The terrain map shows Achatin controlling half of Uld'ar. That's a mistake right?

When i did the map, i had to put one layer on top of the other, so it looks like Achatin culture is dominant but actually that 'shared' area is also shared culturally. Its just hard to get the map to look right when two culture are present.

they actually overlap. both of your cultures are spreading into your neighbors. Both of your people regularly travel about the countrysides of each others nations. Unless you specifically wish it to be otherwise, there might even be some immigration going back and forth as economic opportunities open up in each others nations.

Looks to me like I already own east of the pepper? Our colours are pretty similar so its hard to tell for sure though.

there is no such thing as a 'national boundary' unless you wish to make one.

So what does that mean for improvements in the shared area? Does Achatin get benefits from my previously built mines? If new improvements are built in the shared area are they shared or do they belong to one player or the other?

So what does that mean for improvements in the shared area? Does Achatin get benefits from my previously built mines? If new improvements are built in the shared area are they shared or do they belong to one player or the other?

unless you specifically tell me you want to share them, whoever built them gets the benefit.

you can always use your military to enforce your choices :)

vrutchen,
i get delivery status errors when i try to e-mail you the answers to your questions
so i will answer them here.

1) yes, option b
2) yes.

re: trade:
i will write about it in the thread when i get a bit more time.

Thanks,
I.

Okay, so I was asked about trade, specifically trade of grain for livestock.

Without markets and ports or caravanserai, traders and merchants aren’t terribly interested in trading this. The infrastructure simply isn’t there. The same is true of ‘trade goods’. They would be forced to take very dangerous routes through wilderness and haul crates up and down shores, row through dangerous waters, etc.

As you develop a ‘trade’ attribute, from having inherent ‘trade leader attribute’ or building ports and markets and that sort of stuff, your infrastructure is developing alongside it. Building roads, mapping coastal trade routes, etc. That’s partially what your ‘trade’ attribute represents.

Then it becomes advantageous for your traders and merchants to trade goods. If you are producing trade goods (in your city or across your empire), you will begin to make money in your markets, ports and caravanserai, etc.

Now, if you want to trade things like livestock or grain, you can do so but your traders don’t see enough of a profit to do so on a large scale and certainly there isn’t enough profit in it to make large-scale taxation profits. Now, that many not be terribly realistic, but it does simplify things by not having to give trade goods for things like cattle farms or grain farms. At trade rank 6 (or growth and development rank 6) you may want to design a building that produces trade goods form livestock- maybe a livestock auction or some such. That’s your call and I encourage you to do so. Side note: rank 6 and higher buildings and troops are up to you to design genereally.

Finally, if you want to just trade another player your ‘food’ for ‘gold’, you can do that to. You won’t see profits on the trade but you will receive the ‘food’ or ‘gold’ from the other player. Depending on your ranks in ‘trade and exploration’ you may lose some of the traded goods as you go. Note that you cannot trade hammers (ever- this is contrary to what I wrote earlier).

Looks to me like I already own east of the pepper? Our colours are pretty similar so its hard to tell for sure though.

We both have it within our boundaries, same with the west of the indigo. I was offering an exchange, mostly so our boundaries are a nice line and I don't have to cross a small ocean to get to whatever I build there.
Way I'm using to tell us apart is that whatever's within two hexes of my city is mine, within two of yours is yours, and whatever's within both needs to compromised on.

i saw this picture and i thouht of the tabba ghut

Orange has advised me that he will not be playing our NES any longer.

I will be NPCing his nation until a new player joins us to take them over (should they wish to do so).

That being said, the 'Lion Tribe Candidate' will be given a position within military command and the 'Heron Tribe Candidate' will act as governor. The 'Boar Tribe Candidate' worries the grand council because of its association with a movement that advocates suicide and wandering off into the wilds (presumably to make love to satyrs which definitely is not kosher).

EDIT: which means they get a second culture ring; i'm going to edit the map at my earliest convenience to indicate as much.

Farewell Sir Orange! Hope to play vs you in the future.
no need to find a new target though, his nations still there :D

There will be a ‘response’ phase to the coming update. That means I will look at everyone’s orders then some players will be asked to provide a ‘response’ to information I will provide them (though nothing new can be spent nor can research points be reallocated).

As part of this effort, I would ask those players who’s schedule allow for it, to try and submit orders by Saturday night or Sunday morning early. If its not possible for you, that’s fine; I’ll do my best with what I have. If, however, you have some time today or tomorrow, please submit your orders.

Thanks.

An Edda for the dead

Upon a warm and fertile plain
the Kin of Niflheim set forth
with hammer, axe and muscles strain'd
to claim the land and live henceforth
In blood we shall all write our names
In ice we will live out our days

The weak-skinned hairless breeders came
and trembled 'fore our fledgling court
though we struck first blood, with shame
they turned and fled to give report
In blood was writ their coward's fame
Our ice will soon run through their veins

A thousand men, and weaklings all
save one who knew the ways of war
like dogs, they struck at midnight's call
like beasts they were put to the sword
In blood we shall all mark our graves
With ice we shall preserve our ways

They fought at last and but for one
the battle would have ent in joy
the Emperor, the Perfect Son
king of a nation of little boys
In blood we write a debt of pain
With ice we shall repay the same

And so we sing unto our slain
and set aflame the bitter pyre
so they may join the crystal plain
til Ragnarok consumes all in fire
In blood they earn a valkyr's name
In ice they will live out their days

OOC: Hello thread! I've taken control of the Scions of Twilight, the troll clan that almost wiped the floor with Merciary's army (gentle ribbing, we're all friends here :D ). I've tried to read the entire thread, but it will likely take me a few weeks to learn all the ropes (and there are so many!) I look forward to playing with y'all, but this is only my second NES, so if I screw up, please be kind :)

OOC: Well are you going to be willing to enter diplomacy or am I to assume that we are just going to continue to have at each other.

Well we are obviously capable of contacting each other so if at possible I'd like to put this "small" incident behind us.

OOC: Do you have msn or should we do this via pm?

An official welcome (to accompany the unofficial one) to Hbar.

So very happy to have you back.

I.

EDIT: awesome poetry. in case you didn't know, stories and poetry and anything else that you put effort into to make this NES more vibrant and beautiful (and fun for me to moderate) gets small in-game benefits. Previous examples have included additional martial or culture to leaders, or the Achatin courtiers.

Top Bottom