1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ImmacuNES III: Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Immaculate, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Tyrs

Tyrs King

I guess this is going to break Orange and I's streak of alliance, haha. Sad to see him go though.

Hbar: I look forward to your writing! I really enjoyed your writing in the last NES we were in together.

2. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

A few players are starting to be able to cast spells. I've already wrote to them about how it works but a common misconception seems to be occuring. Please allow me to try and clarify a few confusing issues.

1) Governors cannot cast spells.
    Governors are adding their peity/arcana ratings to your civilization's capacity to cast better spells. Think of them as teaching younger generations or leading your magus in thier first few castings and training them in more complex arts, etc.

2) ANY of your leaders with an arcana or piety attribute can potentially cast spells. If your default leaders have arcana or piety, it may be worth hiring a few of them (and pay their salaries, of course) and they can cast spells for you even if they have no army to lead.

3) to cast piety spells you need to have a temple (or similar improvement). once you have that, only then can your acolytes do more then just look pretty. Also, this improvement is required for your leaders with piety to cast piety-based spells.

4) to cast arcana spells, you need to develop a mana node. it doesn't have to be within your cultural borders but you need to control it.

5) Each developed mana node is specific to a certain type of mana. If you want to cast 'law' magic, you need a 'law' mana node.

here is what i had written earlier- its good but obviously needed a bit of clarification.

IF ANYONE EVER HAS ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SYSTEM, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ME. I THINK THE LEARNING CURVE ISN'T AS BAD FOR THIS NES AS MY FIRST ONE BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN ITS EASY TO 'GET'.

EDIT 1:
    Question:
    I've previously said that mana can't co-exist on a terrain tile with a fort. Do people want to change that? It seems reasonable that you would want to defend your mana sources....

EDIT2:
    Spoiler :

the new map showing the pilseta's bigger culture and the scions of twilght

3. hbar

hbar Constant

Poor Merciary. He attacked an NPC and now has to explain himself to me :lol:

EDIT: re: manaforts. If the mana nodes do not grant any tile bonuses and do not need population to 'work', then I agree with forts on mana. Otherwise it would create a special class of tile improvement that can be worked and defended simultaneously.

4. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

That's a lot of gold, hbar.

5. hbar

hbar Constant

I'm missing something...

6. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

he means on the map. you have a lot of gold deposits near your city. (and not a lot of industrial ores or food)

7. hbar

hbar Constant

Oh :lol: I saw that map yesterday, so I forgot that it was new to the thread. Yeah, gold pays the bills but it don't fill the tummy!

8. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

3...3....3...gold deposits.... *drools*

I wonder what your income is :(

9. hbar

hbar Constant

Currency of the Scions:

The kaer that held the Scions had many patrian runes gleaned from the scholar-slaves taken in the age of Magic. It had the finest pure earth, taken from the great dwarven mining ships, pure air pilfered from Patria's majestic flying harvesters, and the enchantments were lain by ten thousand slaves for ten thousand days. Even this would not have been enough to keep the horr'rs at bay, but for the last line of defense - a sphere of pure ice clear as crystal and harder than m'thryl, blessed by Mulkjrn himself.

As the years wore on and the attacks increased in frequency and ferocity, the outer layers were breached until the horr'rs could be seen through the icy sphere, their horrific visages twisted further by the lens of the crystal. With each attack repulsed by the ice, a tiny piece fell from the dome, no bigger than a man's tooth. Fiercely cold to the touch and glowing with a soft white light, these "White Teeth" were kept as a token of Mulkjrn's great strength and protection. By the time the earth-clock fell, the dome was only a single tooth's thickness, but it had served its purpose - the horr'rs had fled, and the Scions were safe. Since possession of a large number of these 'teeth' signified great honor at the frontlines of the kaer's defense, they naturally began to be traded amongst the trollkyn. Thus, both the currency and the religion of the "White Teeth" were formed.

10. merciary

merciary No idea what I'm doing

yeah, this is going to get interesting real fast.

Anyways I forgot to fully welcome you, so Welcome back to NESing.

11. Ekolite

Ekolite The Mighty Jungle

Sorry if orders were meant to be in today Immac. I was working this evening and now I'm totally exhausted, I'll send them tomorrow.

12. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

orders due on tuesday.
    i was just looking forward to getting some pre-orders in today or tomorrow.
    if you had your orders in tomorrow morning, that would be awesome.

13. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Back from absence; I believe my earlybird orders are in already, so if you need me for the "response-actions", just mail me.

And also; welcome, hbar! I like your edda a whole lot!

14. hbar

hbar Constant

Orders submitted, as well as revisions 1, 2, 3, ... and now 4 (so sorry Immac, I'm still learning).

15. vruchten

vruchten Found serenity in torture

hey hbar, nice to have you with us!

everyone: are all important patron-deitys in the religions-post already?
    just started to think about the balance in this world.. and where this might lead us if the nations follow their ideals... so far i see:
    -kilmorph
    -sucellos (but as a sub-fraction in a way)
    -amathaon+camulos
    -2*aeron
    -mulcarn

did i miss something (which is in puplic already!)?

16. hbar

hbar Constant

Well, a plum tree grew to fruition in one day after an act of unrequested mercy... perhaps there is a god(dess) of mercy with an affinity for plums...

17. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

I have orders for:
    Achatin, Kharkush, Palitante, Scions of Twilight, Sjykalfar, Tabba Ghut, and Utilica.

Nozkam Legon, Kraz-Ke-Meka and Uld'ar have until Tuesday.

I've started writing the update already based on the orders i have. I found a really nice website for fantasy art and i've been using that.

i like this one:

looks like a lecher.

18. merciary

I have a feeling he may be on my Council

19. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

or your church. doesn't look like a guy who says 'no' to his lusts very much.

20. merciary

either way, I have plans to make the two pretty much one in the same.