1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ImmacuNES III: Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Immaculate, Mar 24, 2010.

1. hbar

hbar Constant

Fixed on my end, so sorry. Immac might have to edit/requote to get it right on the front page.

I knew I should have copy/pasted the names. Here I am double-checking KZ's spelling and that slips through... :blush:

2. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

diplo
    From Kraz-Ke-Meka to Palitante,

Rumor has reached us of your predicament. You are lucky we struck when we did. Why did you not send word to us of what was happening in your lands, we might have been able to help you more directly.

3. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

OOC: How am I supposed to respond to that diplo? :3.

4. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

It is true, and we're proud of our alliance with the Pure ones. They drove off the Diabhal Iasc when they almost overran Achatin armies and they continue to protect our coasts asking only some food in return. We proudly stand by them.

5. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

wat the hell is that 'smiley'? looks like peter griffon's chin.

ummm... try to coordinate a counter-attack?

try to start working together?

From Patria to Achatin

Know that the Aifon are little more then opportunistic pirates with little understanding of loyalty or honor. Their allegiances will shift with the ocean currents and leave you in the lurch every time. We encourage you to rethink your allegiances and cut your ties with these monstrosities.

6. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

So far they have been nothing but loyal and helpful, so forgive us if take the word of those who have saved us from the Corruptions over those who sought, both in the past and present, a world spanning empire.

7. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

To The Pilseta:
    Very well, Heron Throne.
    You have chosen; When this war comes to an end, the heads of every single pilsetan will occupy a pike on the shores of Barsaive. The Sjykalfar are loyal friends, but tremendeous enemies. You will regret your decision, but it will be too late.

Princess Anabella.

8. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

A letter from the court of the Patrian governor to the Uld’ar, Throal, and Achatin governments and people,

People of Barsaive,

You see your precious independence as some intrinsically valuable bauble. You think, when we say ‘master’ and ‘vassal’ that we would rob you of your identity. You are like children who cannot understand why their father tells them, “You mustn’t play by the cliff’s edge,” or “Do not play with the skinning knives.” Innocent and unknowing, you act without reason, make decisions without understanding.

Children, your father has returned and he wants only to lead you and teach you so that you might learn from his wisdom. The empire of Patria is the first people. Its knowledge and wisdom is the knowledge and wisdom of all empires throughout history. The Patrian people see you clawing in the mud living in simple huts and we pity you. We would bring you from the darkness of unknowing into the light of civilization.

Yes, the Patrians bring you a ‘civilizing mission’ which does consist, of course and rightly so, of a political dependence and tutelage. This is in order for you to unlearn the uncivilized ways of your primitive people and advance to the point where you are capable of sustaining true civilized institutions and government.

We realize that you do not like hearing that others might consider you uncivilized primitives and we will do what we can to take your sensitivities to heart. But when the Aifons attack us and the Sjykalfar behead our ambassadors, we must move swiftly to right the ‘naughty acts of misbehaving children’ before they hurt themselves irrevocably.

We believe that you have natural dominion over yourselves and your property but we also believe that those rights are forfeited when you act against the empire of Patria. If your government proves criminal, then we must rightly provide righteous government for your people that will guide you rightly. There is a ‘natural law’ to the world and we are its guardians. To break the natural law places you outside the boundaries of law. To respect the laws of the empire and the world is to take a path to enlightenment and betterment.

We are a torch in the darkness. Patria may guide you and lead you to light. But strike her and know that, though it hurts her greatly to do so, she will punish her errant child.

9. Tyrs

Tyrs King

I know I don't have communication with the Patrians, so this is OOC of course, but daaamn! They have a serious superiority complex going on!

10. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

From Palitnate
    To Kraz-Ke-Meka

That was a mistake.

To make sure that this does not happen any longer to either of us, we propose that messengers frequent between our lands, telling each others the problems we face concerning the undead so that our commanders can make a better informed decision in regards to annhiliation of undead.

11. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

OOC:
    i was suprised you didn't try to diplo them last turn.

IC: Of course. Can we send aid to assist you in recovering? Are you in any position to join us in a strike against the hated walking dead? Your defensive operations, despite their ultimate costs to your own people, we understand did much to deplete the undead, especially their infantry ranks. Our own operations did much to deplete their cavalry. surely together we might be able to take the battle to the enemy and finally make them pay like we have paid for generations.

12. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

stats are all out.

13. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

OOC: I felt that the Palitnate and Kraz army was not ready yet. I am ready now though. Die undead die.
    What's the formula for caculating food required for pop growth on ruralites?

IC: We ask only for a small amount of food to help allevate hunger.

And yes. We will be deligted to help you destroy the undead once and for all. It is time the dead pay the price.

14. Tyrs

Tyrs King

Interesting that the undead have a full infrastructure, almost like a real country, rather then a horror horde.

15. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

they also don't seem to use much magiks- the other horrors all had lots of magic.

16. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

[Lurk Wisper]
    Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

17. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Jump in Darksaber... we need players to take NPC nations over.

18. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Hi all,

I wanted to clarify something.

Lets say you want to start casting piety-based spells on a particular turn. If you had the gold and hammers (and requisite technology), you could, in one turn, build a temple, build some acolytes (or priests) and order them (and your military generals with a piety rating) to cast spells.
    If you do submit these sort of orders though, I would suggest you also submit some contingency orders.
    The same thing holds true for aracana-based magicks. If you know where there is a raw mana node and you have the requisite technology, gold and hammers, you could, conceivably, build a mana node (lets say fire for our example), build some ‘fire-adepts’ (or better if your tech/cash allows it) and order your military leaders and ‘’fire-adepts’ to cast fire magic in that turn.
    Again, its probably worth submitting some contingency orders in case the mana node gets attacked or something.

I recently got these questions and I think its worth posting them, so I will do so.

Also, I have some questions on the timing of upgrades and orders. If I do something that increases my max assosc. ruralities, like build a city hall or raise my population, can I take advantage of it in that set of orders? For example: "Build a city hall (20h). With our new mad bureaucratic skillz, bring the mine under City X’s iron fist MWA HA HA!"

yes, you can do that.

Can I grow the population of an assoc. rurality on the same turn I absorb it into the city? Can I grow the population twice in one turn?

yes. yes.

If I build a unit, can I use it that turn? What about upgrading? Repairing?

yes. yes. yes.

And finally, when are the next orders due?

not sure yet, does next tuesday night suit you?

EDIT: Trade is getting hit with the nerf stick a bit... not hard... it doesn't affect any of you right away very much so don't worry about it too much. details forthcoming.

19. Tyrs

Tyrs King

Tuesdays seem to be working out pretty well. I know I'm the most busy during the weekends, but I can't speak for the rest

20. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

(That which once un-lurked, may never lurk again)

New Management

Spoiler :
    The leadership of Kraz-Ke-Mekan was in a stir. Lord Thrasuis, dead? Even worse, dead by a piece of pork? The news had not yet reached far in the city, but once it escaped, it would spread quickly. After their success against the undead menace, a new leader would need to be emplaced, and quickly, lest they loose momentum. Now, they just had to decide.

12 Day later

Mechzha smoothed back his hair, and looked nervously at the door. Any moment now…now…no, know…anytime…

“Relax, Mezhie,” his sister, Dhremza said soothingly, but with a wicked grin “your just being crowed Grand Engineer, nothing important-oh wait, never mind”

Mechzha glanced at his sister, but didn’t respond. He was the son of the Paragon Chreska, who had developed new method of reefing lamp oil, making it safer in mines, and so had always had great things expected for him, but this… .

“Sir Mechzha, they await you.” A courtier said, entering the room.

This is it, Mechzha thought, looking at his sister. Time to take control.

OOC: Hi, I will know be taking over the Kraz-Ke-Mecha. I will have more to come.