1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

IMMENSE size 200x300

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by abc123123, Jun 13, 2016.

1. abc123123

abc123123 Chieftain

2. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Nope, ur correct, WE will not be responsible for anyone having a bigger map size and trying to fix the problems anylonger . . .

If u want a SUPER map, just use Planet Generator, (i believe), it says it can override the map sizes??

3. abc123123

abc123123 Chieftain

hey:) I started game on gigantic, prehistoric era now, i will see how it is going to work in late eras, and then maybe try immense:D of course I would like biggest map with maybe one hundred AI players, but I was reading that CIV 4 can only use a few GB RAM

4. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

If u play on Gigantic, u will not get hardly past Ren Era. . if that at all.

I play on Large map, with only 7 civs, and i can hardly make it to the Indus Era, without waaaay too much turn times .. . but ur the player, u do what u want . .

5. dog77_1999

dog77_1999 Chieftain

I am on Revision 8581 (Which was a surprisingly stable version after many MAF and graphics bugs which I am sure have all been fixed by now :p ) and started in January 2015 with my current game on the Eternity speed (14k turns), Deity, and Immense with 16 civs to start. I have been playing off and on since then and have just reached the Industrial Era. I have had to go into the editor to delete some problem stacks that cause the AI to due slow loops sometimes, but afterwards, turns take maybe 5 minutes worst case. With my unit moving, city management, and science gen, it takes about 2 days a decent playing to get through 35 turns.

While I am sad for the changes to smaller maps and quicker games, I can understand why they were changed. I still would be tempted to mod in the larger maps though, as I haven't had issues with playing them in archipelago/small islands.

Will I ever get to the end, I am guessing if I continued to play like this, it would probably take another 5 years at this rate.