1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

immigration from tourism

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by Wolffleet, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Wolffleet

Wolffleet Chieftain

Hi I'm trying to make a mod that allows cities connected by trade route or just roads to exchange population.

So in the case of two cities A and B which share a trade route or road. I was thinking something like
    City A: tourism/City B: culture is the percent chance every turn that a citizen from City B goes to City A.

I was thinking to make this mod I need kind_route, PSEUDOYIELD_CITY_POPULATION, YIELD_CULTURE, and PSEUDOYIELD_TOURISM. I really have no clue from here how to start this mod. Any help would be appreciated.

2. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

1. There's no way you will be able to do this via XML or SQL coding.
    2. PseudoYields are only to help the AI understand what something is good for. They have no actual effect within the game.
    3. In order to implement this you would probably need (if you can even get it to work) a rather complicated and processing-heavy set of lua scripts.