Immortal Austria Photojournal (8-19)

I already reported there. God of War is boosting diplomatic untis as well; I later saw that Napoleon also got that religious +10% :c5production: on ambassors. Probably working on any unit, including workers and settlers. And the tooltip never says the unit has to be a military unit, so... I'm sure this slipped everyone's minds when reading the patch notes.

About the loss, it's a pity, since the game didn't feel hard once I started getting used to how Austria operates. World Congress controlled pretty much since the first assembly, keeping up with the AI and without having to survive against an early warmonger. I feel that, if I were more experienced with this civ, or playing one that I'm used to like Brazil, I'd have been able to win before the spaceship launched by just being one tech ahead. A key moment was not having Telecommunications in image 70; having one more tech would have meant one less congress to wait for the diplo victory, which was all that Napoleon needed to win.

I still feel that the Spaceflight Regulations is too impotent for what it is meant for. I didn't feel that it bought time for even one more congress, which is what a diplo player would instinctively rely on from this proposal. Napoleon had a +100% :c5production: production modifier without including this UA, and he didn't even have a spaceship factory (+50% :c5production:) in Paris and Lyon, the cities I took the screenshots. Even if the proposal is acting and actually jumbled in one of those modifiers (I'll test in my game to confirm by building a part myself), it's effect is easily dilluted. I want to discuss it more in the balance thread, but it's already locked.

About execution, there are a lot of tweaks I see in how I could have played since the start. I realized much later how important Fishing is for Austria, since exploration enables a lot more opportunities to trigger the +50% quest rewards part of her UA. Finding Bratislava (cultural, northeast) and Valetta (militaristic, northwest) way earlier could have addressed a lot of my development needs in the early game, including the free units that Valetta would be giving. I could also have spent less faith in missionaries early on, when I wanted to see Washington adopt my religion to make it more difficult for Theodora.

Any opinions on the Tradition/Statecraft/Industry/Freedom path? I feel that I needed more science when I adopted Freedom, and this ideology has been problematic for me if I don't go for Rationalism to cover its lack of Science bonuses. Which is weird, since Freedom is meant to support Scientific Victory. Rationalism may have secured the win by reaching Atomic Theory and Telecommunications sooner, and I've read clais that Austria can do perfectly fine without Statecraft, focusing on Artistry's :c5greatperson: GP synergy instead.

An update: Spaceflight Regutations do have its own tooltip modifier and affects the player. I don't know why Napoleon wasn't affected.

Spoiler Empire Modifier for Spaceship :
89_modifierOnMe.jpg

Reporting Napoleon's cheating on Github as well :lol:. I'm kinda salty about this, but it's all laugh right now.

An update: Spaceflight Regutations do have its own tooltip modifier and affects the player. I don't know why Napoleon wasn't affected.

Spoiler Empire Modifier for Spaceship :

Reporting Napoleon's cheating on Github as well :lol:. I'm kinda salty about this, but it's all laugh right now.

If he has a player level space ship mod it cancels out the WC penalty and it won’t show.

Hubble then, I see. I suppose it uses the same type of modifier.

Top Bottom