immortal culture vic, what am i doing wrong?

ScantilyCladLad

Chieftain
I tried two attempts. First one as morroco i went education -> artillary -> public schools -> bombers

I took out arabia and persia who were the wonder builders and had a big empire with lots of works and wonders, but think my science was too low to get to internet in any decent time. i also had heaps of FPT, but stopped at around 270 turns as it was gonna take another 50 to get to internet

2nd attempt:

As Korea i only had space for 3 cities, but i built them big and got some key wonders (PISA, eiffel tower). i went education -> printing press -> public schools -> archaelogy -> plastics -> rocket artillary -> internet

I was tech leader and smashed through to internet pretty fast, but my tourism is only like 150. I didnt end up having enough buildings to put works in. I have a small force of rocket artillaries (but i lack aluminium) and will find it hard to take down the civ next to me on my continent. this game was quick speed but i was already up to like 1940ad with small tourism so i gave up.

I get guilds and run fast in both games (except musician - which i get later), I would be able to get a decent number of musicians in both games from Faith, but i feel like they wouldnt have won me the game

Sounds like you neglect Airports. After Hotels and Research Labs, you need to beeline the Radar tech. It doesn't lie on the direct path to Internet, so keep that in mind.

Also, I only use artillery in a domination game. In a culture game with decent tech rate, you can easily attack at flight or radar without losing your science focus.

In general:
Science should always be one of the top priorities. However, I would still rate Aesthetics above Rationalism. For that reason, the Sistine Chapel is probably the most useful wonder to complete both trees. Try to compete for cultural CS as much as you can. Not only do they help you to get key policies faster but you also prevent the AI from getting a bunch of culture per turn.

Tall empires: Focus on wonders and Aesthetics finisher for theming bonus. Sistine Chapel, Uffizi, Louvre, Hermitage, Broadway and Eiffel Tower come to mind here. Globe theatre sits at a wrong tech but if you go that way, Leaning tower is vastly superior anyway.

Wide empire: Focus on religion, museums and archeologists. Sistine Chapel as always. Exploration tree also becomes a lot stronger, especially if you settle a few new cities on other continents or islands and build enough museums for hidden artifacts. Two policies in Aestethetics for cheaper culture buildings are minimum as well. Piety and reformation can work well instead of filling the Aesthetics tree. Either pick faith buying all GPs in industrial or +2 tourism per religious building.

This worked well for me.

Edit: Another alternative is late conquest, of course. Beeline Industrialization, get Mercantilism in Commerce tree, build Big Ben, go Autocracy and -33% for rushbuying units and steal every wonder and great work you can find. :)

Top Bottom