1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Immortal/Deity PreWar Economy Booster

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by ColumbianCoffee, Oct 13, 2010.

1. ColumbianCoffee

ColumbianCoffee Chieftain

I've noticed while trying out Immortal/Deity that the AI gets unprecedented levels of GPT, and it can be hard to keep up with their military when they can buy/upgrade all their units upon a DoW. I've found out that a good way to start wars with the AI is to spend 410 gold (on standard) to rushbuy a settler then found a little city right outside your border. After that, you can usually sell that newfound city to a bot for 1000-3000Gp, giving you a good start to your wartime economy. Naturally, you should probably either make sure the city is in desert/tundra or DOW the AI and destroy the new city ASAP(preventing the bot from having a good stronghold in your area)

The strategy is VERY* cheap, but for players trying to experience higher difficulties this is a good way to start.

Open to comments/suggestions

*Edited

2. Celevin

Celevin King

You...

You're more devious than any other poster in this forum. That's just downright mean, and even a human player might fall for something similar.

You're evil.

3. alpaca

alpaca King of Ungulates

"A little bit cheap"? :lol:

If that's "a little bit" cheap I'm a little bit cynical.

Welcome to the forums, though. It's a kind of well-known exploit to sell useless cities to the AI.

4. Slowpoke

Slowpoke The Mad Modder

Personally I think city trades should just be outright disabled. The A.I. has no clue as to their value, and they are terrible about forfeiting half their empire in peace negotiations. Wish I knew how to mod that out, but I'm still a newbie at that :/

5. Dermo

Dermo Warlord

I don't think they should be outright disabled. I have gone to war many times with the intent of conquering cities A, B, C, D etc. If I can take A and B, then get C and D during a peace negotiation I'll take it. However the AI offering cities E through Z (and all their iron, horses, gold, cash, etc.) is something that definitely needs to be patched

6. stii

stii Prince

Trying to win without selling cities is such a grind :(

The AI has so many cities and there is just nothing to do but raze them really.

7. Scarwood

Scarwood Chieftain

Is there another way to get enough money to keep my civilization running? everything is so expencive.

8. ColumbianCoffee

ColumbianCoffee Chieftain

Haha, laughed out loud when I read that. But in response to some of the people talking about GPT, it's really not that hard to maintain a fairly well stocked treasury, but using this "tactic" allows you to focus on more military things that otherwise might be neglected. On Emperor it never becomes a very big problem holding a large GNP advantage over the AI while keeping up in soldiers but Immortal boosts the bots just out of my skill level.

9. aimlessgun

aimlessgun King

Well if your objective is to have a superior economy than the AI then I guess you'd need to use stuff like this.

If your objective is simply to win, having a inferior economy means absolutely nothing since the AI is so bad at winning :D