1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Immortal Dutch Domination - REX/Spy Fusion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by axident, Aug 27, 2007.

1. MrFelony

MrFelony Prince

you can use mine if you want :p. looking forward to when you can finally post the rest of it.

2. Sweetacshon

Sweetacshon In the foetal position

What about using another host, eg imageshack? I'm sure there are others as well.

3. Killroyan

Killroyan Deity

Yeah don't keep us waiting man. I will put you in my signature if you do so Axident ;) Damn, really want the update.

4. J-man

J-man Deity

Couldn't agree more ^^

5. Killroyan

Killroyan Deity

Damn update is taking long when you are having fun. The suspense is killing me :p

6. axident

axident Emperor

You might have to wait even longer, as I kinda met a girl... :) I haven't asked her yet if she likes Civ... ;)

7. Thrar

Thrar King

8. Killroyan

Killroyan Deity

Good luck in RL axident, way more important that this game. But I do hope that you will finish the tale. Enjoy yourself.

@Thrar: ROFLMAO

9. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

good for you but it means us without lives have nothing to read...:cry:

joking, i sometimes have a life

10. axident

axident Emperor

I haven't abandoned this thread. I'm just leaving it alone for a while so that newcomers can read it with pictures; if I were to update right now, I'd use up the rest of my photobucket bandwidth VERY VERY quickly and the entire thread would have no pictures for the next 3 weeks!

11. J-man

J-man Deity

So I guess that means we have to wait another three (3!) weeks for an update? NNOOOOOOOOO!!! :)

12. 3rn0

3rn0 Chieftain

Great and entertaining story thus far. Keep up the good work and please try to update during christmas (it´s a long holiday this year, and it feels a much longer when you spend it with your relatives)

13. axident

axident Emperor

“Consul Willem,” Maarten salutes.

“Yes?”

“The Ottomans have ganged up on Roosevelt. Should we intervene?”

“We’re about to declare war on Gilgamesh; this is no time for sideshows!”

*RING RING*

“Hello, Willem speaking.”

“Willem,” Ragnar growls. “Cancel your deals with Roosevelt or else.”

“No.”

“My hands are full.”

“Were they full even before we refused your demand?”

“I’m not telling!”

“Crap.”

*CLICK*

Spoiler :

Colossia is very orange now, though residual culture remains from former Incan and Native American land. (1201)

We give Capac all our spare resources that he does not already have, except for military stuff like oil and uranium. His lone city is pretty sad. (1202-04)

Aluminum means that we can start upgrading planes and such. It’s expensive to upgrade, but it’s faster than building jets from scratch. Soon we will spend long periods of time at 0% research, with Representation making up most of our beakers. (1207)

We’ve continually renegotiated resource trades throughout the game, as you can tell by what we’re charging Gilgamesh for cows. (1208)

It’s just a lone Viking transport, not an invasion fleet. False alarm. (1211)

Amsterdam and Moai/IW city are not capable of building the Elevator, and there aren’t any more wonders to build that we’d want to build, so Amsterdam becomes a full-time boat builder. (1213)

We’re edging closer to a Domination victory. (1216-19)

Wow, so Suleiman had his hands full because he was going to be a big bully and beat up on Rosie. That’s pretty low, to beat up a former vassal who is already so weak that he apparently can’t even capture the barb city on his own island. (1220)

Korea has Sid’s Sushi. By the way, Korea apparently spent a large portion of the game at a high 30% Espionage, which explains how Wang Kon could afford to hit us repeatedly with spies despite our high EP. (1222)

The AI production bonus is impressive; Ragnar is keeping pace with us in power--for now. Let’s see what happens when we mass-upgrade and when Amsterdam starts to crank out ships. (1223)

We are going to buy Wall Street in the biggest-producing holy city, which happens to be Poverty Point. “Poverty” Point is also home to a corporation. How ironic. (1224)

We park a sizeable invasion fleet off the coast of Sumer as elements from Operations Metallica, Grand Slam, and Hopper reorganize and heal and move towards the isthmus separating former Native America and Sumer. (1225)

Declare war on me, Ragnar. Come on. I dare you. (1227)

Damn it Ragnar, I was only kidding! (1228)

14. axident

axident Emperor

“Welcome all!” Willem says from the baths at the Apostolic Palace as Huayna, Ragnar, Julius Caesar, and Wang Kon enter.

“What’s this about?” Ragnar grumbles.

“My fellow Hindus, Suleiman has attacked one of our own: Roosevelt.”

“I won’t declare war on my longtime Buddhist buddy Suleiman or his vassal Mehmed II!” Ragnar sneers.

“You have a city or two infected with Hinduism. They are a tiny part of your empire, and if you refuse the Apostolic Palace’s vote, that tiny part of your empire will be unhappy. Are you willing to live with those consequences? Well? Are you?”

“No,” Ragnar says, cowed.

“Since The Netherlands has enough votes to override everyone else, there is no sense in voting. I, Willem, your religious leader, declare a holy war on the vile Ottomans!”

“Yay!” Huayna says, clapping his hands. Everyone else groans.

At Amsterdam Palace:

*RING RING*

“Suleiman speaking.”

“Hi buddy, it’s Willem. Pay tribute or die.”

“I’ll pay tribute, thanks. Whew, now you are prevented from declaring war on us for ten years, enough time for us to take over Roosevelt’s island!”

“Sure we are, uh, prevented from declaring war on you,” Willem says, trying to stifle laughter. “Bye now!”

*CLICK*

“Maarten, have your amphibious assault team move in on Sumer. Do what you have to do from the land isthmus.”

*RING RING*

“What the hell is the matter with you?” Gilgamesh snaps.

“What do you mean?” Willem says innocently.

“Your mammoth military is making mincemeat of my meager militia!”

“I don’t see the problem here.”

“You’re a vile backstabber.”

“Not really. I recall you threatening me a few thousand years ago. What was it, Code of Laws?”

“You sure know how to hold a grudge.”

“Don’t worry, I just want to vassalize your lands to ensure that there is no non-amphibious route to Colossia other than through Korea. Then we will mass our land forces at the Korean border to guard against attacks from there, while simultaneously building a huge attack fleet.”

“Who is your next target?”

“Shh. That would be telling!”

“Argh.”

“Bye!”

Spoiler :

See, this is why we are refusing to get Mass Media. MM would give us Hollywood’s benefits but take away the bonus hammers from AP as well as the ‘fun’ AP options like declaring war on an infidel. We don’t even need the ability to build the UN: if someone else builds it, we are the biggest civ and have control over it anyway. Suleiman, your reward for beating up defenseless Rosie is massive Hindu retaliation. (1229-30)

Cuzco coughs up a Great Merchant. (1232)

Dear Suleiman: since we are bound by the AP vote to declare war on you next turn, we might as well take your money this turn, right before we declare war on you. (1234-35)

We buy Wall Street. Just because we can. (1237)

Sorry bud, you’re in the way. Actually, no you’re not, but we do want your land and that very juicy, wonder-laden capital of yours. Plus, we’re losing money every turn that our big fleet is parked next to your capital, so why not attack earlier rather than later? (1239)

Just like with Native America, we have identified their sole oil source and will check every turn to see if it’s active. If so, we pillage it with aircraft. (1240)

Rather than go directly for the capital and then face a two-front war on that peninsula, we will take out that southern city (Eridu) first and march northwards, up the peninsula, and thus keep the enemy in front of us at all times. Eridu gets a mouth full of shells from our ships before they go back home to save on unit supply costs. (1241)

Ah crap. We were garrisoning our interior cities with weak, obsolete stuff, and I should have checked to see if any Sumerian units were lurking around before DoW. Some stray cavalry got knocked out of our territory into that culture-less gap. The horsemen promptly take Snaketown, though one of the cavs is heavily injured by a pikeman. (1244)

We send some units to retake the town. (1247-49)

A few airships can’t stop our task force. (1250, 52)

Meanwhile, highly mobile Dutch troops pour through the isthmus into Sumerian lands. (1256)

Ragnar makes a vassal, Augustus Caesar. (1259)

Poverty Point needs to rebuild a grocer after saboteurs destroy it. (1260)

15. axident

axident Emperor

*RING RING*

“Hello?”

“Willem you are an infidel pig, declaring a crusade on us peaceful Ottomans.”

“Suleiman, how peaceful can you possibly be, considering that you invaded Roosevelt without provocation?”

“But America is the Great Satan!”

“If you hadn’t attacked the Great Satan, we couldn’t have declared a crusade on you via the Apostolic Palace, since we had a 10-year peace treaty in effect.”

“I hate you.”

“I love you. No, not really. I just took the opportunity to distract Ragnar from us. He had his hands full and may have attacked us otherwise.”

Suleiman sighs.

“Bye!”

*CLICK*

Spoiler :

At some point in time, perhaps when Ragnar captured a barb city without religion, the Hindu faith spread to Ragnar’s empire. Ragnar is thus subject to the AP vote, and he declares war on Suleiman, his Buddhist bosom buddy and neighbor on the continent of Buddhaland! Note that if a civ is about to DoW on someone, but then gets DoW’d on, they often drop their original plan to take care of the new threat. So Ragnar was probably going to DoW on us or someone else, but he was forced to DoW on Suleiman. Thus Ragnar has likely dropped his original plans. (1261)

Sucks to be you, Suleiman. (1262)

Ragnar wastes no time in capturing a poorly-defended Ottoman city. (1263)

Meanwhile, the suddenly oil-less Sumerians throw their few modern ships at our aircraft-backed navy, with predictable results. (1264)

Suleiman’s destroyer takes out TWO of our destroyers before our last destroyer near Maastricht brings it down. Unbelievable. (1266-68)

Suleiman also sinks a sentry destroyer in the Orange Ocean. (1269)

Meanwhile, our jet fighters, on the aircraft carrier near Sumer, are making mincemeat out of the remaining Sumerian airships. (1273)

Our task force marches up and into the heavily-bombed Sumerian capital and takes it with no divisions destroyed. (1275, 77, 79)

We want a quick war with Sumeria so that we can focus on Ragnar before he gets nukes, but Gilgamesh is a stubborn fool. (1280)

Now that Rosie has the entire Hindu world behind him, he succeeds in thwarting Suleiman’s attack, while other Hindus begin to eat away at the Ottoman army worldwide. (1286)

Our mobile attack force takes out Ur next. (1289)

Gilgamesh is still defiant. We sent our navy to pound away at the large island south of the Sumerian peninsula in preparation for an eventual land invasion. By the way, for ages we have massed forces at Korea to defend against a sneak attack. If Sumeria folds quickly, we will turn that defensive army into an offensive one. (1291)

Fission done. Computers next for Modern Armor. We’ve been sitting at 0% research for a long time now, in preparation for the mother of all mass upgrades. Also, Nijmegen’s airport goes up in flames. Bastards! Nijmegen, by the way, has produced numerous aircraft and ships for us for a long time. (1294)

Junk food produces gold. News at 11! (1295)

16. axident

axident Emperor

Spoiler :

Suleiman’s army was off fighting Rosie, but Ragnar’s army stayed home. Then came the call to war, and Ragnar answered it. (1299)

Our mobile attack forces make short work of the rest of Gilgamesh’s cities on Colossia. (1301)

Meanwhile, our transports have ferried troops over to the large island, where they easily capture Lagash. We keep checking, but Gilgamesh remains defiant and won’t capitulate. (1302, 1304)

Suleiman is able to dent Ragnar’s army, but it looks pretty one-sided if we don’t help Suleiman soon. (1306)

Suleiman chases down our submarines lurking near his shores. (1308)

The Sumerian war might last longer than expected, so we draft battle plans for Operation Thor. Our ever-increasing navy will ferry our every-increasing army to the large island, where they will capture as many cities as it takes for Gilgamesh to capitulate. Then they will go down and attack Ragnar’s oil and uranium resources. Also, Leiden’s airport is sabotaged (not pictured). (1312)

The last Sumerian city on Colossia falls. We spread Hinduism to all of our newly-captured cities. (1314)

Our moronic friend Huayna thinks he has enough production capacity to win the space race. (1316)

We tell him to get Flight so he can put up a fight against Ragnar’s air force, when we finally invade the Vikings. (1317)

Sumerian ships attack Long Island, but our giant navy is soon on the scene to thwart them. Also, someone blows up Delft’s barracks. (1321)

One by one, the Sumerian island’s cities fall. (1324)

Just to speed things up, we even amphibiously attack one of the cities. Gilgamesh remains defiant, though. (1326-28)

Ragnar advances ever deeper into Suleiman’s core territory. (1332)

We settle our latest GG in Middelburg. (1333)

Korea has a bunch of infantry, but we have a giant army massing near its borders. (1334)

After a loooooong time at zero percent research, we laugh at the cost of repairing the mine compared to what we have in the treasury. (1336)

17. axident

axident Emperor

Enjoy, guys. I updated closer to the 12th this time to allow newcomers to read older posts. I hope to update again sometime after the 12th of January. Thanks for the support! :)

18. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

thanks for the report, things are looking interesting. please go for conquest if you have the patience!

19. axident

axident Emperor

:mad: Yo, give me all your money.

:( Okay, but now we have 10 turns of peace.

:D By the way, we own the AP and we decided to declare holy war on you, trumping our 10 turns of peace.

:cry: Wtf?

:lol:

20. mystyfly

mystyfly Knight of Cydonia

Hahaha great fun reading this ty lots axident :D