Immortal game -- need strategy help!

I advanced the original game slowly catching up. I just got DoWed by Alex. He is going to regreat it. I have Assembly Line and Rifle. I switched to Nationlism and slavery to build some units fast and killed off his landing force. Well this is going to be a domination.

Attachments

• David AD-1675.CivWarlordsSave
    317.8 KB · Views: 58
Thanks for the update. I see that Tok and Shaka have an alliance and (naturally) a ton of units combined. This is where TMIT would just build atomic weapons and nuke the rest of the world. Is that your plan?

Of course, I look at your map as a Cultural Victory scenario. If you had targeted that victory condition, I believe you could have won faster that way than with domination. By my rough count, you have enough religions and cities to build 4-5 cathedrals in your 3 cities. And you'd get tons of gold with the shrines for the religions Ghandi founded. For me, that's a dream come true!

Sad to say that I play like my 8 year old would. Alex just ticked me off by razing one of my cities and I want all his cities now.

Once I tech all other techs that does not require Astro, I will head to Industrialism. Once I learn Astro, all my coastal cities will build navel units and others will build a few other units. Once I have access to Marines and other strong units (paratrooper are prefered), I am going to build them and start taking his coastal cities. I also like bombers/fighters.

As for othere two, I can not say until I send out some explorers. My production is about to go through the roof, so I have no fear of out producing AI.

If one of them build Manhatten project, then all my production will insta switch to nukes. Whip on second turn and repeat once again.

After that I am going to let my cats, WC and other remaining obsolete forces assist in the clean up work. I have never used Nukes and will use only if someone else seem to head that direction. Building MH Project is heading that direction.

As for culture, it is my second favorite VC after space, but I am not feeling very peaceful at the moment. Darn Alex. :)

Sad to say that I play like my 8 year old would. Alex just ticked me off by razing one of my cities and I want all his cities now.

Once I tech all other techs that does not require Astro, I will head to Industrialism. Once I learn Astro, all my coastal cities will build navel units and others will build a few other units. Once I have access to Marines and other strong units (paratrooper are prefered), I am going to build them and start taking his coastal cities. I also like bombers/fighters.

As for othere two, I can not say until I send out some explorers. My production is about to go through the roof, so I have no fear of out producing AI.

If one of them build Manhatten project, then all my production will insta switch to nukes. Whip on second turn and repeat once again.

After that I am going to let my cats, WC and other remaining obsolete forces assist in the clean up work. I have never used Nukes and will use only if someone else seem to head that direction. Building MH Project is heading that direction.

As for culture, it is my second favorite VC after space, but I am not feeling very peaceful at the moment. Darn Alex. :)

In my cultural games, it is typical for some no-hoper like Alex to launch a late attack. So long as I have enough military to hold them off, it's no problem. They usually come with Calvary, so I like Pikes and Cats, or Rifles. If you don't go for nuclear weapons, you are going to have a long, tedious slugfest against the forces of Tok and Shaka considering their permanent alliance. So, unless you go nuclear, it will take awhile. They might even declare on you (or Alex) before you can get Alex's cities, and that would create a lot of problems.

Overall, Cultural Victory would be faster, simpler, safer in my opinion. But then, that's coming from a Cultural Victory affectionado!:D

True about tediousness. But I will have navel supriority. Blitz navel units are awsome too. They are welcome to Alex's cities. That way they will deplete each other.

I need to finish the current Frederick GOTM before I do any thing else but I intend to finish this game since it has been a while since I had to come back from a such a big tech deficit.

True about tediousness. But I will have navel supriority. Blitz navel units are awsome too. They are welcome to Alex's cities. That way they will deplete each other.

I need to finish the current Frederick GOTM before I do any thing else but I intend to finish this game since it has been a while since I had to come back from a such a big tech deficit.

I hope Tok and Shaka just stand around and do nothing while you kill Alex and gain a foothold on their continent. A human would wait for you to get all your troops onshore, and then their alliance would DoW on you.

I am having fun with my Monty game, but need to go back and try something different after I killed him. Good luck with your game. Let me know what happens with Tok and Shaka when you arrived to take out Alex.:)

Top Bottom