[Immortal] Joao II 001: The Painful Divide

DraconicEpic

Chieftain
This is one of the more difficult maps I've generated and I thought I'd go ahead and share the fun. This map was generated using the Creation.py script found in the custom map sections of the forum. It's a flat map with two rather close land masses.

Player:
Joao II of the Portuguese Empire

Settings:
Standard Size, Normal Speed
9 AI
Immortal
No huts, no events, raging barbs

Spoiler :

Hints:
Spoiler :

Copper is located close the the starting location. It may not be possible to obtain before barbarians begin rushing in depending on your tech-path and build order. Keep archers for a backup.

Spoiler :

Nearly all the AI are war mongers and can fend of the barbs pretty handily by the time Iron Working can be researched; though, one run through one of the AI ended up getting over ran, it was quite funny.

Spoiler :

Barbarians will start causing problems by 2800 B.C. Ensure you have a plan to deal with them.

Spoiler :

Unless something really strange happens on the other landmass, chances are you're not getting the Oracle!

Attachments

• IM001 - Joao II.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    261.9 KB · Views: 64
Is the AI difficulty on this map a bit broken?

I played up to 1300AD IMM and everyone seems backwards as hell.

Spoiler :

I bribed Toku on SB who doesn't even have Feudalism yet (at 1300AD IMM!!!). Cathy's only relatively close to my tech because I bribed her on Toku in return. 1 turn from Nationalism. My slow teching is mainly due to the neighbours who are extremely stingy so I've had to self-tech pretty much everything.

The start is tough, you're right about the barbs but they weren't too much of an issue by working the gold mine early and bee-lining BW. Gifting a city to Toku made us buddies for life but Monty has been plotting for well over 100+ turns with 3 cities....I guess on me but he loves me due to religion etc (no negative modifiers yet).

At this rate I could Lib something ridiculous, just built Oxford so sky's the limit.

Feels like the difficulty is closer to Noble/Monarch at best

It should be the correct difficulty. The difficulty seems to fluctuate depending on what happens with the regions. My last play of the map Cathy was actually our tech leader and she even the only region on our side of the word which made everyone buddy up.

OK cool must be the crazy warmonger trading bonuses playing to my favour, I'm going to see if I can Lib tanks, or at worst Assembly Line :crazyeye:

Top Bottom