[Immortal] Pacal II Wonderland

DraconicEpic

Chieftain
I decided I would go ahead and post this map just so others could give it a go. I had a lot of fun on this map and actually played it a few times since the world can end up being pretty fun. In terms of difficulty, I wouldn't say it is too hard, but it has its personal share of potential challenges to keep the map interesting.

Settings:
Immortal
Pangaea, Cold Climate, High Sea Level
No Events, No Huts, Raging Barbarians

Start:
Spoiler :

Notable Spoilers:
Spoiler :

• This is one of those maps raging barbarians really shine on and can become problematic.
  • Iron, Copper, and Horses will more-than likely be obtained by the player; however, it is unlikely any of these will be in the capital.
  • Depending how the game goes, you might actually get boxed in pretty early!
  • Like it or not, the Great Wall really helps on this map. Personally, I'd love to see if anyone can actually when without the Great Wall.

Attachments

• IM003 - Pacal II.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    258.9 KB · Views: 105
Hey, thanks for sharing. I will give it a go, I am playing Epic speed.

EDIT: Well the start is a bit tricky, I am up to my third attempt and need a break lol

Since its raging barbs settle 1E for sure and rush the GW. I'll give it a try shortly.

I wouldn't think that raging barbs on a high sea-level pangea would be much of a problem. But I guess I won't know for sure until I play.

Interesting Map. It's been a while since I've played this type of game on an Pangaea, so I gave it a whirl.

Note on Notable Spoilers:

Spoiler :
This is one of those maps raging barbarians really shine on and can become problematic.

Not sure what you mean by shine here. Barbs should not be too bad if bust properly.

Like it or not, the Great Wall really helps on this map. Personally, I'd love to see if anyone can actually when without the Great Wall.

I did build the TGW but mainly for the Gspy. I built Henge and Mids as well. Henge for kicks really since it was so easy. Mids definitely. I didn't need the GW for barbs though..wasn't necessary.

Note on game:

Spoiler :
I was able to settle 8 decent cities in the area early on. Built Henge (usually don't..but did for fail gold and ended up completing it ...ha), TGW (not necessary) and Mids (you betcha)

I didn't tech quite as well as I want and no real GP farm so got unlucky with GP pops - my fault really for putting TGL in Mutal - not really a better option though. I had Curs online by about 700AD, but should have been earlier. However, I didn't attack for some years later for a few reasons. I was waiting on the inevitable attack of Boudi on Gandhi so I could leverage that to snipe Boudi, plus it took some time for army build-up.

(I was Hindu as was Boudi, Zara and Lincoln. Boudi was Friendly with me a long time, but she was still my first target...tee hee. She was actually the best techer. I used Gspy on her and stole several techs from her, as well as 2 from Gandhi and 1 or 2 from Zara. )

Boudi attacked Gandhi around 1000AD..ugh that was too long a wait. But it set up a nice 1st turn spy revolt attack of her closet city to me and a spy revolt on Bibracte the next turn, then swooped back and wiped out her stack that just took Bombay from Gandhi.

ha..interestingly Boudi sniped Bombay back not once but twice with units I failed to notice,as I pushed my units forward. But, ofc, I always had new Curs on the way to take it back immediately. Kinda funny cause it completely shocked me both times, but if I was paying better attention it would never have happened.

other than that, I wiped Boudi easily off the map. I peace vassaled Lincoln immediately after the war as expected. Zara and Gandhi were peace vassal targets as well, but Zara had likely been bribed on GAndhi by Boudi earlier. So I dealt a peace deal b/w Zara and Gandhi. Gandhi peace vassaled easily, but Zara is still not willing too. so that is where I stand at about 1100AD.

Taking a break to think about what I want to do as I'd rather push all my troops towards AC and Hatty for the final takedowns. But also want to get a quick power bump to peace vassal Zara (need to check his code for that but I think he usually does easily). Anyway, this game should be over by 1200AD - either Conq or Dom.

Barbs don't have their starting techs here, i trust everyone added them?

Top Bottom